ABF | Time for concessions?

Thank you my Brothers. I have more to say on this subject and more facts to share on this, however I will wait to see how this progresses. I appreciate you comments of support.
STAY STRONG MEN!!

wage concessions

Trucker ABF, Teamsters in Concession Talks | Journal of Commerce.. I THINK MANAGMENT SHOULD TAKE THE FIRST CUT... THE COMPANY HAS BEEN HITTING THE LABOR FORCE AS LONG AS I HAVE KNOWN, WITH THE BOTTOM GUYS ON LAY OFF STATUS EVERY TIME IT SLOWS DOWN WITH BILL COUNTS, GIVING UP 1 TO 3 DAYS A WEEK, WITH A REPORT BACK ON YOUR START MONDAY.... WHAT HAVE THE PEOPLE IN MANAGEMENT GIVEN UP? ANYONE KNOW? LOOKING TO BUY AGAIN WITH YOUR HARD EARNED GIVEBACKS...

How about that great signing bonus in lieu of a raise in 2003 (OR WAS IT 1998). In reality that was already about a 2% cut over the last 5.5 yrs at least. Why would the IBT agree to anything for the life of the contract when things are starting to turn somewhat. IMO if anything is agreed upon it should be revoted on at least yearly. When the economy improves or GOD forbid YRC doesn't make it, there'll be plenty of work and profitability will follow. Profit sharing plans are to easy for management to manipulate. Equipment purchases, terminal make-overs, or even upper management bonuses can greatly effect the bottom line. This would all be paid for by money due you for your hard work. All the extra money that's made on residential deliveries, inside deliveries, turn-keys and more are made with no extra compensation to the drivers for their extra work.
I'm not saying a fair agreement can't be reached, but starting at 10-15% right off the bat isn't fair.All we'll be doing is continuing to drag down the wages of the entire industry. Remember, If they don't get what they want the first time our leaders in Washington will always let them vote again (remember New Penn). Don't let the CAR SALESMAN sell at his first price. NEGOTIATE

Go to the Teamsters website, you can read about the false report about negotiating with ABF for concessions. Just released today!!

Trucker ABF, Teamsters in Concession Talks | Journal of Commerce.. I THINK MANAGMENT SHOULD TAKE THE FIRST CUT... THE COMPANY HAS BEEN HITTING THE LABOR FORCE AS LONG AS I HAVE KNOWN, WITH THE BOTTOM GUYS ON LAY OFF STATUS EVERY TIME IT SLOWS DOWN WITH BILL COUNTS, GIVING UP 1 TO 3 DAYS A WEEK, WITH A REPORT BACK ON YOUR START MONDAY.... WHAT HAVE THE PEOPLE IN MANAGEMENT GIVEN UP? ANYONE KNOW? LOOKING TO BUY AGAIN WITH YOUR HARD EARNED GIVEBACKS...

Teamsters, ABF Not In Concession Talks | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

There is an erroneous media report that the International Brotherhood of Teamsters National Freight Division is in negotiations with ABF that would result in concessions for our members represented under the National Master Freight Agreement. Let me be clear – this report is false.

According to a November 17 article on the Journal of Commerce website titled “Trucker ABF, Teamsters in Concession Talks” ABF Chief Operating Officer Wesley Kemp stated that the Teamsters and ABF are in a concessionary “dialogue and hopefully we will reach an agreement soon.” In fact, we are not having contract or concession discussions with the company.

I have contacted ABF and demanded that they correct the record.

Just food for thought, yes the economy sucks. We are all hit by it. But Yellow, if I'm not mistaken ran in the red for years prior to asking and being granted this BS. This is just a way for the Co. to get a feel for how their personel , us, without talking to who they should be, The Union.

in the red

CAROLINA WAS IN THE RED 3 YEARS FROM WHAT I REMEMBER, THAT IS WHY THE UNION LET THEM WORK THRU THE STRIKE in 1994 AGAINST PART TIME WORKERS....

Look how far we've come. In '94 we struck for 24 days against part-timers. Now they take precedent over list men who may need to switch to a dock bid for personal reasons. Management claiming there are no full time shifts available because part-timers are now doing the work. The IBT should be proud. It must be hard to walk around all day with your hands grasping your ankles.:eck13:

wes kemp raise

ABF announced on Nov 4th & filed with the security exchange commission a $100,000 dollar raise for Wes Kemp
effective Jan 1, 2010 This raise announcement coincides with Mr. Kemp's request for a concession from it's employees to be able to compete with YRC & the non union companies.

I guess when we talk of sacrifice & job security it doesn't start at the top b/c a 100,000 dollar raise in this economic market really isn't much of a sacrifice & I guess the top job has security. this is a perfect case of do as I say not as I do. We read these stories everyday where corporate america continues to take advantage of the working man for their own personal benefit. We are all suppose to be in this together how ever by my count we are missing one.

Get over it! Some of you guys are looking to see what is available to start trouble. ABF is still making money. I know what they report but it is good business. If they ask for concessions JUST SAY NO. Quit stewing over the what if's.

hey, truckchick1

Get over it! Some of you guys are looking to see what is available to start trouble. ABF is still making money. I know what they report but it is good business. If they ask for concessions JUST SAY NO. Quit stewing over the what if's.
A lot of time on your hands? Apparently so. I do not have a finance degree, but 14M in the Red is losing money, 14M in the black is making money. I just don't understand why folks with your mindset thinks they are 'cooking the books' just to show a loss so that they can get consessions. Ever heard of Merdoff? If that is happening, then someone would go to jail for that kind of thing. Wake up folks! ABF is the only carrier w/o some type of concessions and had better take notice.
Obama cannot help us, Little Hoffa can't...it will be the rank and file that save this company, and something has got to give. We can't continue to be the highest priced carrier. So, how about some needlepoint instead of financials?

How about that great signing bonus in lieu of a raise in 2003 (OR WAS IT 1998). In reality that was already about a 2% cut over the last 5.5 yrs at least. Why would the IBT agree to anything for the life of the contract when things are starting to turn somewhat. IMO if anything is agreed upon it should be revoted on at least yearly. When the economy improves or GOD forbid YRC doesn't make it, there'll be plenty of work and profitability will follow. Profit sharing plans are to easy for management to manipulate. Equipment purchases, terminal make-overs, or even upper management bonuses can greatly effect the bottom line. This would all be paid for by money due you for your hard work. All the extra money that's made on residential deliveries, inside deliveries, turn-keys and more are made with no extra compensation to the drivers for their extra work.
I'm not saying a fair agreement can't be reached, but starting at 10-15% right off the bat isn't fair.All we'll be doing is continuing to drag down the wages of the entire industry. Remember, If they don't get what they want the first time our leaders in Washington will always let them vote again (remember New Penn). Don't let the CAR SALESMAN sell at his first price. NEGOTIATE
must be a lot of sugar in them JellyBeans!

A lot of time on your hands? Apparently so. I do not have a finance degree, but 14M in the Red is losing money, 14M in the black is making money. I just don't understand why folks with your mindset thinks they are 'cooking the books' just to show a loss so that they can get consessions. Ever heard of Merdoff? If that is happening, then someone would go to jail for that kind of thing. Wake up folks! ABF is the only carrier w/o some type of concessions and had better take notice.
Obama cannot help us, Little Hoffa can't...it will be the rank and file that save this company, and something has got to give. We can't continue to be the highest priced carrier. So, how about some needlepoint instead of financials?

If they are not making money as you atest then how did they just pay the stockholders dividens?? How does Wes Kemp receive a 100,000 dollars raise while we are expected to give back money??