ABF | Time for concessions?

Teamsters, ABF Not In Concession Talks | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

There is an erroneous media report that the International Brotherhood of Teamsters National Freight Division is in negotiations with ABF that would result in concessions for our members represented under the National Master Freight Agreement. Let me be clear – this report is false.

According to a November 17 article on the Journal of Commerce website titled “Trucker ABF, Teamsters in Concession Talks” ABF Chief Operating Officer Wesley Kemp stated that the Teamsters and ABF are in a concessionary “dialogue and hopefully we will reach an agreement soon.” In fact, we are not having contract or concession discussions with the company.

I have contacted ABF and demanded that they correct the record.

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...-fax-11-21-09-no-wage-concessions-letter.html

Boy George are you a company man? Every post I've ever seen from him or "her" has been right in line with what I've heard from management, that's why I ask. If you can't smell whats cooking then you can't smell ::shit::.

Not happening at our terminal. Feel sorry for you if you have not called in the union to stop it.

As with everything when looked at long enough there is away to go around it and there is a reason for the language is the way it is. Yes the union has been called and yes they ( the co.) knows how to get around us. Thanks for caring though.:clap:

A lot of time on your hands? Apparently so. I do not have a finance degree, but 14M in the Red is losing money, 14M in the black is making money. I just don't understand why folks with your mindset thinks they are 'cooking the books' just to show a loss so that they can get consessions. Ever heard of Merdoff? If that is happening, then someone would go to jail for that kind of thing. Wake up folks! ABF is the only carrier w/o some type of concessions and had better take notice.
Obama cannot help us, Little Hoffa can't...it will be the rank and file that save this company, and something has got to give. We can't continue to be the highest priced carrier. So, how about some needlepoint instead of financials?

:ranting2: We didn't start losing money till they asked for consessions and were denied, maybe just a coincidence :biglaugh:

:ranting2: We didn't start losing money till they asked for consessions and were denied, maybe just a coincidence :biglaugh:

maybe upper management just voted themselves more fat raises. Why do they get 20-25% while we've been getting 2-2.5% over the last 3 contracts and now they want us to make concessions while they get fat raises. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Beer Freak:!

Boy George are you a company man? Every post I've ever seen from him or "her" has been right in line with what I've heard from management, that's why I ask. If you can't smell whats cooking then you can't smell ::shit::.

Teamster thru & thru. BUT, I don't drink the kool-aid that is served by the IBT. We all should be 'company men".
If the company falters, will the IBT make up the difference?
I don't think so...So, think of me what you want. I am a moderate and realize it is the company, not the IBT that pays my salary. Does this answer your question.
As far as the beer goes, I hope you drink the kind made by our union brothers and sisters!

Not tryin to stick my nose in your company. I was just wondering whats goin on. I work for Yrc in Carlisle. Just to let you know. I was agianst all the cuts for the record. Since we took the cuts its been one hard time after the other. I can honestly tell you it makes a big different.The 15% doesn't sound like much. It is, if you make $300 a day you only get $255. For the week it means $1500 you get $1275. For us it is even worse we lost a lot of work only getting 3 to 4 day for a long time. Its a little better now. At YRC I have lost about $20000 in wages this year. It does make a big differents. Our insurance has been cut, dental and our death benefits all cut. 18 month with no retirement. There arte alot of non union jobs out there I could work Monday thru Friday for the same thing. You know what I would rather fight than switch.
We are really in trouble over here. I beleive the Company would not be here today if we would not have taken the cuts. The banks would have never bent over backwards to keep us alive. I believe that with all my heart.
What I wanted to say it should be a last resort for you to take any kind of cut. I understand how you want to see your company compete and make a profit. Please don't let them do it at your expense.
ABF is a good company, So was Roadway its just to bad Yellow ever got their hands on us. Would really be nice to see how bad ABF and Roadway would be kicking the other guy butts. How many more of the Non Union companies would be folding up under this enconomy.

Just wanted to let you guys and gals know its not an easy road. Hold out as long as you can with what your getting now." Good Luck See You On The Road "

I wish you the best of luck life@62mph. You spoke exactly how I feel. We should not allow them to do this for competitive reasons, it should only be used as a last resort to stay afloat, not to make a profit to appease our shareholders.

Dont worry brothers, the way I see it we have to vote it down like New Penn did the first time. Then the union will make us revote until we get it right! It should take a few months, but the company will get what they want from the union.I have no doubt we will be working for less, the only thing i hope we drag it out for as long as we can!:nutkick:

I work at YRC and once we go down ABF will become very busy and they will be able to charge freight rates accordingly and they will be profitable, hence no need for wage concessions. Unfortunately all gave some and some gave all, and YRC will be the one that gave all!

I work at YRC and once we go down ABF will become very busy and they will be able to charge freight rates accordingly and they will be profitable, hence no need for wage concessions. Unfortunately all gave some and some gave all, and YRC will be the one that gave all!

Man, sad but true. I for one hope you guys make it! To see two once great union LTL carriers go out of business would indeed suck. It's bitter sweet. :sadwavey:

It is very sad. PIE, Time, Transcon, Leeway, on and on and on. It just ain't any fun out here anymore. The sad part is you ask most drivers on the road and they never heard of any of these companies that went out of business.

But they were the companies that got the wages up to what they are now. Now many drivers from other companies are just waiting for the demise of YRC hoping for a few more hours or miles.

Never mind the impact it's really going to have on their future in trucking.

what the **** do you mean

The company has to max out the OVERTIME of everyone who will take it before they can go sub it out
They still interline,an we do not get much in exchange.We still run these routes.I say NO SUB while we have layoff drivers!