ABF | To all members that are struggling with this decision

Maybe because some of you do not realize how the nons operate. U can't compete against us. In order to have a job, Ur gonna have to adjust to the times. It sucks I know. Livin it everyday. This is the new way. Plus my app is being processed right now for a casual position at abf. Hope u guys get the yes vote. Top out in 2 years will be sweet
its not that at all. the constant trolling is boring. and why hide behind a paper bag?

This came from Docker with his permission, As far as keeping our Jobs we all are trying to keep it, but I choose not to do it with fear as you are trying to do. I still am not convinced on the amount of money that has been lost.

I just choose not to give up everything that has been worked for by Teamsters before me, as we will never get them back. If they were just about money they would not be going after all the extra work rules, and supplements. I could understand them going about wages(not that I agree). but to go after all, that is to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ok, you say you're not convinced on the amount of money ABF has lost the last few years. Do we need to know the exact dollar figure the company has lost? Well, in the range of 200 to 250 million. These are substantial losses.

Our non-union competion such FedEx and Old Dominion in that same time have made Billions in profit.

Our union competion like UPS Freight does pay their drivers more in hourly and mileage pay but they require contributions by the employee for coverage of a spouse and their pension is controlled completely by UPS. Oh, and of course the biggest issue is UNLIMITED SUBCONTRACTING! Which as a consequence greatly reduces the hiring of new Teamsters jobs.

The other union competion still cannot make money even after unprecedented wage and pension concessions and they currently have a public offer to buy the assets of our company at $18 a share.

Papajohn, do you think ABF exists simply to employ union labor? Papa john, do you understand that if the cannot make money it is inevitable they will liquidate there assets? Papa john, does it seem possible that management is trying to get the type of contract that will allow them to compete for the long term in ltl industry? Papa john, is it an overly dramatic if not false statement to say this contract gives up everything your Teamster forefathers fought for considering a) this "contract" continues to fund Teamster pensions at a full contributor level b) maintains are excellent health and welfare plan and requires zero contributions from our paycheck c) wages at the upper end of the ltl industry albeit not at the very top d) the concept of a contract stays in place whereby we can grieve our employer and challenge them on disputable contract language and issues

It is logic and common sense to avoid certain pitfalls that could possibly lead to your ultimate destruction, not fear! This public offering by YRC would have tragic consequences if it were to happen for every ABF Employee and I am willing to take a substandard contract considering the realities of the LTL Marketplace.

My Opinion!
Fear drove YRCF employees to accept substandard concessions.
Ask those employees who voted yes, 3 years ago!
AND if they would vote yes, again! Dare I say, I voted no 3 times!
I would bad-mouth YRCF now, with colorful language, but you know, the "moderators!"

Please don't reply with "THAT" line and/or word in response.

Thank You for allowing me to express my opinion on your board.

Moderator? Isn't this a ABF Teamster board?
Is that YRCF's president, under that bag? Get out the rotten tomatoes.

Maybe because some of you do not realize how the nons operate. U can't compete against us. In order to have a job, Ur gonna have to adjust to the times. It sucks I know. Livin it everyday. This is the new way. Plus my app is being processed right now for a casual position at abf. Hope u guys get the yes vote. Top out in 2 years will be sweet

All the struggling about this decision is do you really believe a no means you wind up with a YRC takeover, or is it a bluff you're willing to call? A YRC takeover will result in fear, loathing and a scene of utter destruction

All the struggling about this decision is do you really believe a no means you wind up with a YRC takeover, or is it a bluff you're willing to call? A YRC takeover will result in fear, loathing and a scene of utter destruction

The upside is it will bring a whole new meaning to "RAINBOW COALITION"!

My Opinion!
Fear drove YRCF employees to accept substandard concessions.
Ask those employees who voted yes, 3 years ago!
AND if they would vote yes, again! Dare I say, I voted no 3 times!
I would bad-mouth YRCF now, with colorful language, but you know, the "moderators!"

Please don't reply with "THAT" line and/or word in response.

Thank You for allowing me to express my opinion on your board.
I find it interesting that a certain moderator (colorful) was all for the yrc givebacks all 3 ,now is posting how bad this deal is for Abf. ....( I'm a no )

Ok, you say you're not convinced on the amount of money ABF has lost the last few years. Do we need to know the exact dollar figure the company has lost? Well, in the range of 200 to 250 million. These are substantial losses.

Our non-union competion such FedEx and Old Dominion in that same time have made Billions in profit.

Our union competion like UPS Freight does pay their drivers more in hourly and mileage pay but they require contributions by the employee for coverage of a spouse and their pension is controlled completely by UPS. Oh, and of course the biggest issue is UNLIMITED SUBCONTRACTING! Which as a consequence greatly reduces the hiring of new Teamsters jobs.

The other union competion still cannot make money even after unprecedented wage and pension concessions and they currently have a public offer to buy the assets of our company at $18 a share.

Papajohn, do you think ABF exists simply to employ union labor? Papa john, do you understand that if the cannot make money it is inevitable they will liquidate there assets? Papa john, does it seem possible that management is trying to get the type of contract that will allow them to compete for the long term in ltl industry? Papa john, is it an overly dramatic if not false statement to say this contract gives up everything your Teamster forefathers fought for considering a) this "contract" continues to fund Teamster pensions at a full contributor level b) maintains are excellent health and welfare plan and requires zero contributions from our paycheck c) wages at the upper end of the ltl industry albeit not at the very top d) the concept of a contract stays in place whereby we can grieve our employer and challenge them on disputable contract language and issues

It is logic and common sense to avoid certain pitfalls that could possibly lead to your ultimate destruction, not fear! This public offering by YRC would have tragic consequences if it were to happen for every ABF Employee and I am willing to take a substandard contract considering the realities of the LTL Marketplace.

Tell me Nothumbleenough, Is UPACK, AND RELO CUBES revenue included into ABF total revenue?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're challenging not only the 1q2013 results that showed a substantial loss you're also challenging the entire idea whether ABF is a profitable business? Prove your point with hard facts not irrelevant data that argues they really only lost 200 million rather than the 250 million they claim.

Secondly, should you retract your statement that says this contract gives up everything our teamster forefathers fought for considering we still have a pension at the full rate, zero insurance premiums, high wages and a contract that allows us to grieve our employer when they do something inappropriate?

So you're challenging not only the 1q2013 results that showed a substantial loss you're also challenging the entire idea whether ABF is a profitable business? Prove your point with hard facts not irrelevant data that argues they really only lost 200 million rather than the 250 million they claim.

Secondly, should you retract your statement that says this contract gives up everything our teamster forefathers fought for considering we still have a pension at the full rate, zero insurance premiums, high wages and a contract that allows us to grieve our employer when they do something inappropriate?

Why can't you just concede that Judy McRenyolds as well as the entire BOD and the CFO of ABC are engaged in a criminal conspiricy. They know they are much too smart to get caught. They don't worry about HUGE fines and federal prison sentences for securities fraud.
It will be a bitter pill, but I believe your contract will be ratified. It will go just like YRC. The bad part for ABF Teamsters is the concessions are probably more Draconian than necessary.
Sorry about the sarcastic opening. But I don't own any aluminum foil hats. :p

If passed you will be paying $84 dollars a month health coverage (weeks vacation). We cant find drivers now so please tell me how you sell this to a applicant 1 week vacation after 2 years then work another 6 years to get your 2nd week. Or here is another one I dont understand how is using electonic device is part of the economic relief plan? The pda i use has problems daily, can I now be fired for this? This is a very good company to work for I just hope greed wont be its downfall....

Why can't you just concede that Judy McRenyolds as well as the entire BOD and the CFO of ABC are engaged in a criminal conspiricy. They know they are much too smart to get caught. They don't worry about HUGE fines and federal prison sentences for securities fraud.
It will be a bitter pill, but I believe your contract will be ratified. It will go just like YRC. The bad part for ABF Teamsters is the concessions are probably more Draconian than necessary.
Sorry about the sarcastic opening. But I don't own any aluminum foil hats. :p

You left out the personal wealth purposely destroyed by these same folks as the stock fell from $35 to $8 evidently just to get a concessionary contract. Millions lost in personal net worth!

If passed you will be paying $84 dollars a month health coverage (weeks vacation). We cant find drivers now so please tell me how you sell this to a applicant 1 week vacation after 2 years then work another 6 years to get your 2nd week. Or here is another one I dont understand how is using electonic device is part of the economic relief plan? The pda i use has problems daily, can I now be fired for this? This is a very good company to work for I just hope greed wont be its downfall....

I agree, the net-net of this contract makes ABF a less desirable place to work. It is not a good contract but according to our negotiating committee, it's the best we will get. I have a difficult time understanding why they would even come back to the table considering the implied threat to sell the company would clearly mean it was a bluff by even meeting once post vote.

I agree, the net-net of this contract makes ABF a less desirable place to work. It is not a good contract but according to our negotiating committee, it's the best we will get. I have a difficult time understanding why they would even come back to the table considering the implied threat to sell the company would clearly mean it was a bluff by even meeting once post vote.
I dont understand myself, maybe abf & ups shouldent have there contracts expire the same year? Dont seem like they put a great effort on the abf contract....

IMO they will come back to the table. They have been in business a long time. I think they realize profitability is right around the corner even under current or better contract. They are just trying to capitalize on a down economy. They have gone through down cycles before and have come back strong, and when they did, they didnt share that bounty with labor.

I dont understand myself, maybe abf & ups shouldent have there contracts expire the same year? Dont seem like they put a great effort on the abf contract....
Actually it doesn't look like they put too much effort into the UPS Freight contract either and they were negotiated by different groups (I still hold Hoffa accountable).