ABF | To all members that are struggling with this decision

Trucking companies have never negotiated a contract under the assumption " Record profits are here to stay". Because they understood the cyclical nature of business. Why should we negotiate under the assumption that these losses are here to stay? When we got very modest bumps in pay, this down period was figured into the equation.

The language changes on electronic tracking devices and no local grievance commitee should be enough to scare you!!! The wages are not that big of a deal. Just think how hard it will be to get a grievance heard or get your job back after you get fired because they think your out of route. I live with out 15% everyday but still have my basic contract language to help protect me but thats me looking from the outside ,good luck brothers.

Tell me Nothumbleenough, Is UPACK, AND RELO CUBES revenue included into ABF total revenue?

I will ask you again since you refused to answer... Is the UPACK, AND RELSO CUBE revenue included into the ABF total revenue

So you're challenging not only the 1q2013 results that showed a substantial loss you're also challenging the entire idea whether ABF is a profitable business? Prove your point with hard facts not irrelevant data that argues they really only lost 200 million rather than the 250 million they claim.

Secondly, should you retract your statement that says this contract gives up everything our teamster forefathers fought for considering we still have a pension at the full rate, zero insurance premiums, high wages and a contract that allows us to grieve our employer when they do something inappropriate?

We are not the highest paid in the industry. If you want to help the company, YOU can start donating back the company if you like!!!!!

I never said they didn't lose money, I said I AM NOT CONVINCED ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE LOST..... SINCE YOUR AN EXPORT ON THIS YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM PROVIDING A BREAKDOWN OF LOSSES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT. I DON'T WANT TO SEE JUST A OVER ALL FIGURE, BREAK IT DOWN, AND THEN YOU CAN TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT. UNTIL THEN YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM.

Papajohn, I dont mean to get off subject but why the B 1 on your avatar? I was stationed at Dyess AFB the first home of the B1 back in the early 90's. I just had to ask.

I can't believe anyone would vote for this, THE WORST CONTRACT IN FREIGHT HISTORY, when ABC has ABF carrying the corporate cross! Really they are going to let 80% of ABC's business go away when we vote this down and they don't come back to the table! HaHaHaHaHaHa,ya right! Stop listening to the company BS and vote NO !!!!!!

Nobody who wouldn't be affected by this contract could possibly look at it and say it's a good deal for the teamster members. Therefore it's obvious that anyone who intends to vote yes is being motivated by fear, fear of ABF closing, Fear of a YRC buy out, fear of failing your family, or of what could happen but really, they are losing sleep over things that are all just mights and maybes. The only things for certain is that if this abomination passes, those of us who ARE affected will be making less money, have less vacation time, we'll be working under a contract that makes it much easier for the company to terminate us and when all is said and done , all the fears of the yes voter are still just as possible as they would be if it gets voted down. Given that reality I'm voting NO and I will live with the consequences and sleep the sleep of the righteous.

Even if this contract passes, I doubt that ABF will be able to take back market share from the non-union companies. I DO think that it would greatly improve our chances to return to profitability. Voting yes on this contract IMO will at least get us pointed in the right direction. Some items in the contract will make it easier for the company to get rid of the "problem teamsters" (few of you will admit, but ALL of you know that some of our brothers should have been fired long ago). If you're all bent outta shape about cameras, maybe you need to do a better job for the company... then you would have no need to worry about the cameras.

Even if this contract passes, I doubt that ABF will be able to take back market share from the non-union companies. I DO think that it would greatly improve our chances to return to profitability. Voting yes on this contract IMO will at least get us pointed in the right direction. Some items in the contract will make it easier for the company to get rid of the "problem teamsters" (few of you will admit, but ALL of you know that some of our brothers should have been fired long ago). If you're all bent outta shape about cameras, maybe you need to do a better job for the company... then you would have no need to worry about the cameras.

No corraboration. That is the key right there. Its not about monitoring, they do that now, its about not having to back it up with proof. Electronic devices fail all the time and you would have no way of proving it. Here is an example of the "next generation" of teamsters. The future doesn't look too good

Amazing how many first posts are saying the samething about voting yes. This one here is another plant by management.

Amazing how many first posts are saying the samething about voting yes. This one here is another plant by management.
With all due respect, maybe it's going to go like YRCW. It's easy to be the tough guy here or in the break room. It's quite another situation when it's just you and your ballot!
In a couple of weeks we'll all know.

4 years later and I would say that "fear" is still evident in 65% of the YRCF employees at my barn.

Nobody who wouldn't be affected by this contract could possibly look at it and say it's a good deal for the teamster members. Therefore it's obvious that anyone who intends to vote yes is being motivated by fear, fear of ABF closing, Fear of a YRC buy out, fear of failing your family, or of what could happen but really, they are losing sleep over things that are all just mights and maybes. The only things for certain is that if this abomination passes, those of us who ARE affected will be making less money, have less vacation time, we'll be working under a contract that makes it much easier for the company to terminate us and when all is said and done , all the fears of the yes voter are still just as possible as they would be if it gets voted down. Given that reality I'm voting NO and I will live with the consequences and sleep the sleep of the righteous.

I probably would have been terminated a long, long time ago because I refused to crawl under the Terminal Manager's desk, unlike you!

We all know where the YRCW "yes" vote got us! That is why you&I are leaving comments on the "ABF" board!
By the way, my conscience reminds me constantly, that I voted the right way, 3 times, which was an overwhelming NO!

With all due respect, maybe it's going to go like YRCW. It's easy to be the tough guy here or in the break room. It's quite another situation when it's just you and your ballot!
In a couple of weeks we'll all know.

The no's were and always are more intense, more vocal. Even years after the vote they insisted they knew better. They belittle and demonize those including their own union who thought otherwise. They actually tell others how to vote as if others will be swayed. And to make matters worse they tell us how many times they voted no.

YRC should not be in business today given the financial mess they experienced. YRC survived because the union made it happen. The union supported concessions in 2010 for ABF and again now. So if ABF teamsters believe the company will continue on business as usual after a no vote win then go for it. My money is on a lock out but ABF freight will move. Shipper to receiver direct.

Panther+Expedited+Services

I noticed you have plenty to talk/post about ABF in only ONE month since your inception.
Might I ask, where were you during the last vote?
Perhaps, you were still living inside your mother's womb?
Or practicing Buddhism while living in Tibet?

I have visions of you and prosperity living inside that bobtail and traveling the USA while servicing the ABF customer.

The no's were and always are more intense, more vocal. Even years after the vote they insisted they knew better. They belittle and demonize those including their own union who thought otherwise. They actually tell others how to vote as if others will be swayed. And to make matters worse they tell us how many times they voted no.

YRC should not be in business today given the financial mess they experienced. YRC survived because the union made it happen. The union supported concessions in 2010 for ABF and again now. So if ABF teamsters believe the company will continue on business as usual after a no vote win then go for it. My money is on a lock out but ABF freight will move. Shipper to receiver direct.

I noticed you have plenty to talk/post about ABF in only ONE month since your inception.
Might I ask, where were you during the last vote?
Perhaps, you were still living inside your mother's womb?
Or practicing Buddhism while living in Tibet?

I have visions of you and prosperity living inside that bobtail and traveling the USA while servicing the ABF customer.
hanalad, that's Plunger Joe in his shiny new alias.

Not going to move much freight with a 10ft straight truck. Dumb as ever huh plunger.

Not going to move much freight with a 10ft straight truck. Dumb as ever huh plunger.

Panther.jpg

Just because you got a beard doesn't mean you got a brain. ABF could make as much money just as a broker for Panther with not much cost.
Panther is almost the size of ABF.
ABF could eliminate half the freight they're hauling at little or no profit and go with Panther

Why do you think they bought Panther? You get three guesses because you're not to swift.

Panther.jpg

Just because you got a beard doesn't mean you got a brain. ABF could make as much money just as a broker for Panther with not much cost.
Panther is almost the size of ABF.
ABF could eliminate half the freight they're hauling at little or no profit and go with Panther

Why do you think they bought Panther? You get three guesses because you're not to swift.

Where are their terminals? Breakbulks? Railheads? Nice looking minivans.