FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
"Scraps from the table", that's your opinion.....your like a little 9 yr old girl that always has to have the last word.
Another thing for you to stutter over. You continue to say that it is all about me. Could you show me from the link I provided how your joining the Teamsters would benefit me in any way, shape, or form? Your joining has no bearing whatsoever on me. It does affect those following me for years to come. That includes you!

Isn't that the purpose of negotiations, you must give to receive?
NO, it says nothing about having to give up, in order to receive.

ne·go·ti·ate
verb\ni-ˈgō-shē-ˌāt, ÷-sē-\
: to discuss something formally in order to make an agreement

: to agree on (something) by formally discussing it

: to get over, through, or around (something) successfully
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/negotiate

Answer my question then does your employer match 401k
What does it matter? Considering, the most FedEx is putting into your 401k, is about $3500/year (plus $2500 or less to pension), and I think he said his Co. is contributing about $21,000/yr to his pension. Who's winning, currently? Max combined of $6000 vs $21,000 anually. I know, you like 6k , as long as it's union free.

What does it matter? Considering, the most FedEx is putting into your 401k, is about $3500/year (plus $2500 or less to pension), and I think he said his Co. is contributing about $21,000/yr to his pension. Who's winning, currently? Max combined of $6000 vs $21,000 anually. I know, you like 6k , as long as it's union free.

He still won't get it, Clueless! I will put a stop to this, NO my employer does not match my 401K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! City dog does this make you feel better, I can't believe someone would rather have a $21000.00 a year funded pension plan over a $6000.00 401K!! What are those guys thinking??

I started out not liking you, but I now have a great deal of respect for you. So I feel like we can have a civil debate. I will admit I'm missing a couple of facts, such as how much will he draw at retirement based on $21,000 annual contribution? But here are some numbers to think about. These are posted with no inflation for either side, that will make the numbers bigger but shouldn't affect the point I'm trying to make. His company contributes $21,000 a year to his pension that's $735,000 after 35 years. (I came up with the 35 as an average starting driving at 22 and retiring at 67) I don't know what he will draw you will have fill that in. If the company contributes a max combined annual of $6000 a year for 35 years at 7% that's $951,540 (from 1978 to 2013 the market had averaged 11.85% actual return base on what I could find). But let's use 7%. Based on that and drawing the recommended annual amount of 4% that's $38,061 a year or $3171.80 a month plus Fedex's pension. If the annual return is higher that number climbs quickly. Plus if you get killed on the way home from your retirement party your next of kin gets you 401K.

I started out not liking you, but I now have a great deal of respect for you. So I feel like we can have a civil debate. I will admit I'm missing a couple of facts, such as how much will he draw at retirement based on $21,000 annual contribution? But here are some numbers to think about. These are posted with no inflation for either side, that will make the numbers bigger but shouldn't affect the point I'm trying to make. His company contributes $21,000 a year to his pension that's $735,000 after 35 years. (I came up with the 35 as an average starting driving at 22 and retiring at 67) I don't know what he will draw you will have fill that in. If the company contributes a max combined annual of $6000 a year for 35 years at 7% that's $951,540 (from 1978 to 2013 the market had averaged 11.85% actual return base on what I could find). But let's use 7%. Based on that and drawing the recommended annual amount of 4% that's $38,061 a year or $3171.80 a month plus Fedex's pension. If the annual return is higher that number climbs quickly. Plus if you get killed on the way home from your retirement party your next of kin gets you 401K.
My pension would go to wife/kids....along with 401k

What leverage do you bring to the table? Explain to us how you are going to get FedEx to agree to anything. Please!

The union needs members $$$$ to support the protests/looting & violence all over the country over the Brown & Garner cases. Plus a few George Soros groups are contributions his $$$
It has been proven that union activists are behind organizing these protests and the social media postings.
The unions are vile hate filled anti Americans, they need your union dues to help break America apart.
Please join a union to help these radcicals fufill their dream of killing off America and douestroying our nation.
George Soros would be so proud of you if you help, even in his days as a child informant for the (⊙▃⊙)'s, Soros hated America.
Please give generously via your union dues to support the destruction of America....
George thanks you....

Thanks Man, I don't feel any need to check your facts, as I trust you've checked them. and I'm always willing to learn. I do have to point out a couple of things, for you to consider:

1) That 6k contribution (3.5k 401k plus 2.5k pension) was used as example based on a (relatively high) annual income of 100,000, and is a ballpark MAXIMUM available to a relatively few road drivers. City drivers don't make that. Also, there is almost NO way any driver could make that for the entire 35 years, as that (generally) requires significant seniority to move up to that.

2) I believe the union plans are "defined" benefit plans that guarantee a certain benefit regardless of market fluctuations. I assume that makes it a more expensive plan, with a comparatively lower return. Correct?

3) The "worse case scenario" you mentioned, involving the death of the recent retiree. That retiree would be better served with a life insurance policy, as the more significant income potential from said pension, would more than offset the cost of insurance. But the benefit you state, IS, in fact, a benefit. I cannot deny that.

Question: Why does his plan not show any gain from interest? As opposed to ours that gains significantly from compounding interest. Someone is gaining from the interest earned surely reinvested into the solvency of the plan, right?

The union needs members $$$$ to support the protests/looting & violence all over the country over the Brown & Garner cases. Plus a few George Soros groups are contributions his $$$
It has been proven that union activists are behind organizing these protests and the social media postings.
The unions are vile hate filled anti Americans, they need your union dues to help break America apart.
Please join a union to help these radcicals fufill their dream of killing off America and douestroying our nation.
George Soros would be so proud of you if you help, even in his days as a child informant for the (⊙▃⊙)'s, Soros hated America.
Please give generously via your union dues to support the destruction of America....
George thanks you....
Help is a phone call away....

UPSF is hiring.....
Why can't you take some of what you already make from your check and invest in your future/retirement?
One thing I have is seniority and I'm not going to start over again I'm too old. I will try to help get something changed here until the day I retire, if that's what it takes. Some day there will be employees who appreciate what they receive because of the effort of others. When we finally do get a contract then I guess you'll be leaving ?... Oh, and I do invest highly in my 401(k), I invest in my companies future ( FDX stocks), I also have other IRAs and a rental property. I would say I am doing more than the average. Many don't make Fedex stock purchases or get into the 401(k) plan, for a variety of reasons, I'm guessing mainly fear of the unknown and a lack of trust. Again this is not just about me.

Last edited:
That $21,000 goes into a general fund & you get x amount of dollars (I don't know the # off hand thinking $140)for every year of service.Say the # was $100 per year in 10 years you would receive $1,000 per month when you hit retirement age....

One thing I have is seniority and I'm not going to start over again I'm too old. I will try to help get something changed here until the day I retire, if that's what it takes. Some day there will be employees who appreciate what they receive because of the effort of others. When we finally do get a contract then I guess you'll be leaving ?
But there are a majority of employees within the company, according to the overall election numbers, that don't believe in your efforts. Yes, most believe we need changes but the election numbers speak for themselves, so far a majority of the employees don't believe the union is the answer!
The efforts of a few is what's causing all of the divide between the drivers themselves and drivers/management. Will they really be appreciative of your efforts? Efforts they don't believe in?
IF a contract is ever ratified will I be leaving? No. 1)I don't see a contract ever being ratified 2)I live in a RTW state, not required to conform in order to keep working.

NO, it says nothing about having to give up, in order to receive.

ne·go·ti·ate
verb\ni-ˈgō-shē-ˌāt, ÷-sē-\
: to discuss something formally in order to make an agreement

: to agree on (something) by formally discussing it

: to get over, through, or around (something) successfully
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/negotiate
Giving something up in order to receive something during negotiations is common sense, we both know this, and we don't need a dictionary to explain it to us.
Surely your not that naive?

But there are a majority of employees within the company, according to the overall election numbers, that don't believe in your efforts. Yes, most believe we need changes but the election numbers speak for themselves, so far a majority of the employees don't believe the union is the answer!
The efforts of a few is what's causing all of the divide between the drivers themselves and drivers/management. Will they really be appreciative of your efforts? Efforts they don't believe in?
IF a contract is ever ratified will I be leaving? No. 1)I don't see a contract ever being ratified 2)I live in a RTW state, not required to conform in order to keep working.
In fact, a majority did support this movement (at the centers in question), thus petitions were filed. The truth is that many, THEN took the company representatives at their word, that positive change will come, if given a chance. Yes, a few became unsure of the Union. The burden now shifts to the Company, to keep those no votes, in the no columns. Perhaps even sway yes voters into the no column, should be their goal. Just my opinion, but I have corroborating accounts to base that opinion on.

Last edited: