FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
How long did overnite negotiate ? If I remember right they never did get a contract after three years. Are you willing to go without a contract for three or more years? Vote no!!

Have any of you ever been involved in contract negotiations?? Please help me understand exactly what will happen.

I thought you anti union guys knew all the details of what happens (and what is going to happen for that matter.) All of you talk like you do. I'd think you'd be more qualified to tell us.

I have a little experience in this and i can tell you what went on in those negotiations. I am just trying to get an idea what will go on in these negotiations. I have no idea what is going to happen. I do not have a crystal ball , nor do i have a Delorean, all i can do is give my opinion on what might happen.

Yep, that dues check off clause is such a scary thing. Still, no one disputes the fact that union workers are much better compensated, than non-union.

The funny part, really, is that you are actually wrong. Why? Because despite the dues check off clause, they get ZERO MONEY, until YOU get a suitable contract. They must feel pretty confident, they can make it worth your while, since they will work for free, until you are satisfied. Think about it.
You're correct, no one disputes that.....but it's also fair to say that we're (FedEx Freight) more stable and secure than any union LTL company.

No, you're wrong. The President of Local 71 has said, (so I've been told by several people that have attended their meetings) that unless they reach a certain percentage of employees signing up to be members, then the union would pull out b/c the fight wouldn't be worth it for them financially.....so it IS about the money!

Yep, that dues check off clause is such a scary thing. Still, no one disputes the fact that union workers are much better compensated, than non-union.

The funny part, really, is that you are actually wrong. Why? Because despite the dues check off clause, they get ZERO MONEY, until YOU get a suitable contract. They must feel pretty confident, they can make it worth your while, since they will work for free, until you are satisfied. Think about it.
Ask YRC and ABF drivers what they make per hour or mile. Doesn't add up to Union making more to me. Must be some of that Obama- Union type math.

I have a little experience in this and i can tell you what went on in those negotiations. I am just trying to get an idea what will go on in these negotiations. I have no idea what is going to happen. I do not have a crystal ball , nor do i have a Delorean, all i can do is give my opinion on what might happen.

Well, that's something we have in common. I've never worked for a union company. Never wanted to and never saw the need to....until I started working for Fedex Freight. It took about a week and a half to quickly realize why FXFE was so adamantly opposed to having a union. They wouldn't be able to pull half of the BS that they do. They wouldn't be able to manipulate the rules in their favor when it benefits them and then use the rules against a driver when once again, it benefits them. The power trip some of the SCM's and redshirts enjoy wouldn't be there. The ability to run the company as a dictatorship would end.

You said you base your opinion on what might happen. I base my opinion on what has already happened.

Well, that's something we have in common. I've never worked for a union company. Never wanted to and never saw the need to....until I started working for Fedex Freight. It took about a week and a half to quickly realize why FXFE was so adamantly opposed to having a union. They wouldn't be able to pull half of the BS that they do. They wouldn't be able to manipulate the rules in their favor when it benefits them and then use the rules against a driver when once again, it benefits them. The power trip some of the SCM's and redshirts enjoy wouldn't be there. The ability to run the company as a dictatorship would end.

You said you base your opinion on what might happen. I base my opinion on what has already happened.

Sorry you feel that way. I hope you get everything you want.

You mean the pension that will be broke in less than 10 years.
You bring up the pension that will be broke in less than 10 yrs, do you realize that it is a multiple employer pension fund, haven't heard anyone here say they would accept that as our pension fund would be a single employer pension fund. Also the FedEx pension fund that we currently have is underfunded so look in your crystal ball and tell us when it will be broke.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You bring up the pension that will be broke in less than 10 yrs, do you realize that it is a multiple employer pension fund, haven't heard anyone here say they would accept that as our pension fund would be a single employer pension fund. Also the FedEx pension fund that we currently have is underfunded so look in your crystal ball and tell us when it will be broke.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You are going to believe what you want, but the FEDEX pension fund is funded at 110%. Never was or will it ever be underfunded.

You're correct, no one disputes that.....but it's also fair to say that we're (FedEx Freight) more stable and secure than any union LTL company.

No, you're wrong. The President of Local 71 has said, (so I've been told by several people that have attended their meetings) that unless they reach a certain percentage of employees signing up to be members, then the union would pull out b/c the fight wouldn't be worth it for them financially.....so it IS about the money!
Is FedEx really MORE secure and MORE stable than UPS? I'd say pretty equal... And FedEx has the advantage of lower paid workers, overall.

Of course the union needs a certain level of support before they invest in trying to help the guys that asked. What do you expect? 3 guys walk in asking about representation, and BAM let's go forward with full effort, and cost associated with that? Obviously too, they have a business to run, providing a service... A service that could be quite valuable to us, for a quite reasonable fee, IMHO.