XPO | Union Debate and News

Totally agree that cnwy execs want union . They can go from 0 - Teamsters in 5 sec flat . Just start busting balls and taking sh*t away : just that simple

Union's are digging their own grave , membership is way down , the whole trucking industry sucks , very few apply for jobs any more the younger guys are way smarter, than to take a job and get worked like a slave 60 plus hours a week and most all companies treat the driver's like crap and the general public still looks down on truck drivers as dumbs****s !!! , so guessing the jobs will be going the way of farm jobs to the people with green cards , just look as you go down the road at the number of foreign driver's on the road ?? so please tell your kids to do anything in life BUT take a truck driving job !!! as they deserve better in life !!!

62 ? highspeeds for you ? just sayin

They call me high speed because I am not a truck driver by trade. I am a 6'4'' hard working man that will near effortlessly do the work of ten drivers. Probably more than that. These guys go out of their way to slow me down. Get in my way. Frustrate and anger me. Just hoping to keep me from doing to much in their eyes. I am the guy that gets a lot done.

But I am nearing top out. And they love to fire people for accidents. And all these SWI's say we gotta do all this other crap that's moe important than moving freight. So I am easing up on that throttle. We got cruise control on that wheel. Nothing wrong with rolling 55. Safety always.

Totally agree that cnwy execs want union . They can go from 0 - Teamsters in 5 sec flat . Just start busting balls and taking sh*t away : just that simple

If they wanted the union so bad how come they put out that propaganda video the last time organizing talk came out? Listed all the unionized lines that went out of business and HAD to put CF at the top of the list.

well , we have much in common , then . I bang out 2,000lb yankee candles PER DAY . most will not . cannot . hmmmm " safety always " I can't recall where I saw that......
Also , you are right about not givin a sh-- about moving freight . So I back AAAALLLLLL the way out of it , drive like an old fart , and everyones happy

Well I do not See a very major hub in this list NCH ??? what about them rather large barn you would need them on board would you not ???

Blurting out terminals like that just seems silly. No one is gonna take that seriously. If you were truly making a push. You would be keeping your info as close to the vest as possible.

That said. Out here in the Midwest. We have believed that any strong push would start on the east coast and spread west.

lemme tell you , at least if a company is grinding it out w/drivers at least someone is standing up . ? where was our "MOU" when we had 5% STOLEN from us , huh?

If they wanted the union so bad how come they put out that propaganda video the last time organizing talk came out? Listed all the unionized lines that went out of business and HAD to put CF at the top of the list.

Dunno. Maybe the health care situation has changed things.

Maybe these dinosaurs lingering around need an excuse to keep their jobs and the only thing they can think of is that last time it got this bad they closed one company and spun it into another one.

Dunno, man. I just dunno. Ain't much of any of this making any sense.

And the 401k match that is never coming back!
I don't know if you were responding to my post or not, but since you said what you said, let me say this. We got back the 5% wage decrease after a bunch of us started making noise over it, the company responded and it didn't take a union. Have the YRC guys got back their 15% yet? Are they going to get it back before 5 more years of going without it? The answer to both of these questions is "No"

Regarding the speculation about the company wanting the drivers to go union. I strongly doubt they want a union. Yes, the company has been acting very strong handed over the last couple of years, starting about the same time they gave us back what they took in wages. Why would they want a union though? I mean, they're already getting a fair day's work out of us and then some, they are making money, they are investing in the business, I think I unionized labor force would put these things in jeopardy. I'll tell you what I think this company fears the most it's having a contract that defines work rules and disciplinary procedures. I believe with such a contract in place, they could not intimidate us as they do now with their "coaching sessions" and the threats of being fired because we don't report every little hang nail we get on the dock. And this policy about reporting every little thing that happens outside of the terminal, like rubbing tires against a dock wall or hitting tree branch with a mirror, you know, the kinda stuff that happens to ALL people who drive trucks long enough, this policy may have need to be revamped under a union contract. What this company fears most is not being able to instill fear in us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the speculation about the company wanting the drivers to go union. I strongly doubt they want a union. Yes, the company has been acting very strong handed over the last couple of years, starting about the same time they gave us back what they took in wages. Why would they want a union though? I mean, they're already getting a fair day's work out of us and then some, they are making money, they are investing in the business, I think I unionized labor force would put these things in jeopardy. I'll tell you what I think this company fears the most it's having a contract that defines work rules and disciplinary procedures. I believe with such a contract in place, they could not intimidate us as they do now with their "coaching sessions" and the threats of being fired because we don't report every little hang nail we get on the dock. And this policy about reporting every little thing that happens outside of the terminal, like rubbing tires against a dock wall or hitting tree branch with a mirror, you know, the kinda stuff that happens to ALL people who drive trucks long enough, this policy may have need to be revamped under a union contract. What this company fears most is not being able to instill fear in us.

you are absolutely right on the money. You do not or will you know until you have moved on to greener pastures just how much con way is controlling you thru fear. Trust me, looking back over the four years there my humanity was demoralized to the point that when i'd hit a pot hole and set the camera off i'd worry about what I was doing for the last 20 seconds, or bumping into something with a forklift, or backing into the dock to hard, etc. Constant fear of losing my pay check at any givin instance. Life is too short boys.

you are absolutely right on the money. You do not or will you know until you have moved on to greener pastures just how much con way is controlling you thru fear. Trust me, looking back over the four years there my humanity was demoralized to the point that when i'd hit a pot hole and set the camera off i'd worry about what I was doing for the last 20 seconds, or bumping into something with a forklift, or backing into the dock to hard, etc. Constant fear of losing my pay check at any givin instance. Life is too short boys.

Sadly, they will get far more yes votes now, simply from the poor treatment of employees, and how demoralized everyone is.

man im not being sarcastic , but ," yes votes for poor treatment of employees" ? just what in the he-- do you think a union is for anyway? Yes , we make decent $ , but that is only half of the issue , my friend.

Company wants a union? NOT HARDLY!! They have been emboldened over the years they have been stripping employees of the things that used to make this a great job. If they thought there was ANY chance the employees could organize, they WOULD NOT be going down this road. The very fact that they ARE going down this road tells me that they believe that there is NO chance of that happening.