XPO | Union Debate and News

Union, Nope aint Happening.

LOL, :LMAO:Union at Conway Freight, HHMMM Conway Freight, that would be CF, HHMMM cf Consolidated Freightways, Yep that's where Conway Freight got it's start.
Fellas Good Luck getting the union in your place.:1036316054:

Company wants a union? NOT HARDLY!! They have been emboldened over the years they have been stripping employees of the things that used to make this a great job. If they thought there was ANY chance the employees could organize, they WOULD NOT be going down this road. The very fact that they ARE going down this road tells me that they believe that there is NO chance of that happening.

They might be fooled. I know three dsr that drove six hours round trip from my old barn to meet with other like minded dsr. Its a movement that 4 months ago was just small talk. Three don't sound like a lot but in just the 3 weeks since, the momentum has grown considerably. I believe what will happen when the company sees how big this underground movement is they will make some changes to appease the masses. Either way changes for the good are headed your way. Just my 2 cents worth.

if you call cigna health care I pity you . teamsters pay damn little if anything AT ALL for health care

True dat, but SOMEONE has to pay for it, and that cost keeps going up and up and up and up. Money doesn't grow on trees. If Con-way were forced to pay the entire health and welfare on their workforce they'd be coming for concessions in a snap. Why do you think YRC is in the shape they're in? Mismanagement isn't the whole story, I don't care what anyone says. You'd have to be blind not to see that they are at a severe competitive disadvantage because of h&w. ABF too. The days of fully paid h&w and pension are gone in today's world. It's not 1974 anymore. That being said, the company does need to be corrected in its heavy-handed approach with its employees.

True dat, but SOMEONE has to pay for it, and that cost keeps going up and up and up and up. Money doesn't grow on trees. If Con-way were forced to pay the entire health and welfare on their workforce they'd be coming for concessions in a snap. Why do you think YRC is in the shape they're in? Mismanagement isn't the whole story, I don't care what anyone says. You'd have to be blind not to see that they are at a severe competitive disadvantage because of h&w. ABF too. The days of fully paid h&w and pension are gone in today's world. It's not 1974 anymore. That being said, the company does need to be corrected in its heavy-handed approach with its employees.

And still YRC and Holland have more freight in their system than they can deliver. Doesn't seem to be such a handicap.

Maybe the Con-way upper management are jealous of all those bailout billions YRC got ?

No, sadly you think they're right, that is a self- fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe. Or it just an honest assessment. These people want something. Getting a union would require giving something up. Time and effort and standing together. These people are so angry at each other. Every day. It's the most hostile work environment I have ever been in. They will stab their best friend in the back just to brag about it. Go out of their way to get him fired. Just so when he's gone they can say, well... he's better off.

And still YRC and Holland have more freight in their system than they can deliver. Doesn't seem to be such a handicap.

Maybe the Con-way upper management are jealous of all those bailout billions YRC got ?

But don't you find it odd that they've got freight falling off the dock but still can't turn a profit? Or in ABF's case not much of a profit... A huge volume of freight says nothing about level of profit.

Ahh , United , you got it : " It wont happen b/c I didn't help make it happen , and when it doesn't - see I was right!" That is a complete , defeatist B.S. mentality.

We have to give em 2 choices : Treat us w/ dignity or don't move any frt . Period

I agree there needs to be a stand I just do not think this will happen if you think it can great bring it on I really believe people in the South love to ***** and that's about it they wont do nothing more than that maybe I am wrong ???

Ahh , United , you got it : " It wont happen b/c I didn't help make it happen , and when it doesn't - see I was right!" That is a complete , defeatist B.S. mentality.

We have to give em 2 choices : Treat us w/ dignity or don't move any frt . Period

Con -f , My brother, the South is really another world , tho I do not wish it to be that way . It is positively criminal that a corporation (not necc. cnwy ) is allowed to pit Americans against each other
by moving jobs out of a region . No matter how a NEO_CON wants to put the argument , all one has to do is look at who has BY FAR the highest standard of living ! Those regions are pro-union period .

Con -f , My brother, the South is really another world , tho I do not wish it to be that way . It is positively criminal that a corporation (not necc. cnwy ) is allowed to pit Americans against each other
by moving jobs out of a region . No matter how a NEO_CON wants to put the argument , all one has to do is look at who has BY FAR the highest standard of living ! Those regions are pro-union period .

Criminal for a company to move out of region? Since when has this country turned into the USSR and you have to have permission to move?

Last edited by a moderator:
And as far as pro union having a better standard of living, when was the last time you traveled around north Atlanta, say Alpharetta or John's Creek? Pretty high standard there if you ask me... And South Georgia which is very democrat heavy is EXTREMELY poor. You'd think with all those dems I South Georgia there would be unions all over the place in those districts.

Actually I used to live not far from there . Yes there may be small pockets of affluence , mainly due to carpetbagger Transplants . The whole democrat point is well taken , which is why I say the South is a whole other world . Things are really out of whack , upside down . I refuse to get into the Dem/Rep. game : they are both to blame for the destruction of the middle class .

As for permission to move the company , in my "utopia" you could move but you must match the wage . USSR would be a poor example cuz commies don't really get a wage , they are thrown the scraps from the ruling oligarchy , which is where we are heading.