TForce | Union Meeting in CGO

You just keep on insinuating that the road drivers don't benefit with this contract. I keep correcting you, but you will not listen. Why? Where else will a linedriver be payed 66 cents per mile in July of 2013 other than UPSF? Please answer if you can? Elvis out...

In 5 years from now, I am sure most LTL carriers will be paying about .66 per mile

what other benefits are there for road drivers?. You keep correcting me? I don't think you have ever corrected me.

There will soon be no non-union employees.
That may be true, I don't have that flier anymore does it do away with the pension of anyone under a certian age? I don't remember what it says.

Skeeter, Busternite said it best in a post. If the offer sucks vote no! If 50% +1 agree, then the union will have to go back and get more to get the 50%+1, or they will collect no dues. We do have them in a pickle. Bad deal, no dues. One would just have to hope that the vote doesn't go even 51% of Indy. Some will settle and be happy. It is the ugliness of mob rule( democracy).

Well, I'm at the point that I hope we all do the right thing. But if the majority wants to settle for the Indy contract and what's in it. Then I just have 5 years left. I'm done with name calling and arguing about it.:1036316054:

In 5 years from now, I am sure most LTL carriers will be paying about .66 per mile

what other benefits are there for road drivers?. You keep correcting me? I don't think you have ever corrected me.

other ltl paying .66 cents -I highly doubt that! :hysterical::hysterical::biglaugh:

You just keep on insinuating that the road drivers don't benefit with this contract. I keep correcting you, but you will not listen. Why? Where else will a linedriver be payed 66 cents per mile in July of 2013 other than UPSF? Please answer if you can? Elvis out...

I don't have a problem with the wages at all Elvis. Some of the problems I do have is about job protection. How contract carriers can take over if our return trip is with empties. If that is the case we could really lose runs going to the northwest.
You know it is heavy going up and nothing coming back.:hide:

How many of them 66 cent a mile jobs will there be???

That may be true, I don't have that flier anymore does it do away with the pension of anyone under a certian age? I don't remember what it says.

You are really showing your ignorance here young grasshopper. You give me one example of an LTL carrier who offers an average of 2 cents per mile over a five year span. I dare you. I double damn dare you! Come on. You are the king of digging up (so called) facts to validate your points. So, pony up grasshopper. Elvis out and waiting...

Your asking me what wages will be in 5 years? I am not a fortune teller.

There are many non-union companies that pay comparibly to union companies.

And I said about $.66, be clear.

I don't have a problem with the wages at all Elvis. Some of the problems I do have is about job protection. How contract carriers can take over if our return trip is with empties. If that is the case we could really lose runs going to the northwest.
You know it is heavy going up and nothing coming back.:hide:

How many of them 66 cent a mile jobs will there be???

I admit these are very valid points. I can see them utilizing that article all over, anytime they wish. And it could easily become abused with no way of verifying it's legitimacy. I probably would say it is one of the most threatening issues in the Indy. contract. So my question is as follows. What can we do about it? Serious question. Demand it be taken out? I don't know. Just asking. Elvis out....

I admit these are very valid points. I can see them utilizing that article all over, anytime they wish. And it could easily become abused with no way of verifying it's legitimacy. I probably would say it is one of the most threatening issues in the Indy. contract. So my question is as follows. What can we do about it? Serious question. Demand it be taken out? I don't know. Just asking. Elvis out....

I don't know either Elvis. All I know is I don't trust big greedy corporations.:1036316054:

Usually, when a company has been offering a pension to it's employees, and then they start a 401k match benefit, they are preparing to freeze the pension program. You all can read between the lines. Elvis out....

I agree with you ,they would be stupid not too, this over the past 10 years has been a common practice for any company that offers a pention. As a matter of fact alot of companies that was offering matches too the 401 has stopped as well.

I believe the teamsters will try to sell the rest of us this bill of goods. You are right we all can band together and not accept the poop that Indy accepted. They said we all have to sign the cards before they can work on a contract. Well, We did so let's see what they come up with. If it is the same as Indy's I will vote no. But I'm sure there are a few that will vote yes no matter what it is.
The ball is in our court. Let's not make the same mistake Indy did.:1036316054:

TIME IS ON OUR SIDE!

Better words was never spoken...............:1036316054:

No the pention has just changed, for those before a certain date the pention stays the same, for those after that defined date the pention formula changed ( but is the same as the old easier to understand) and is more market driven, and is now a plan that can be taken with you if you should so decide to leave the company.

How about put some stronger language in our contract. Look at the NMFA or Parcel language on subcontracting. Basically they both say they can only be used only after the road board is exhuasted & during peak seasons. Look I understand there is going to be subcontracting. Let's be realistic. But we have to minimize it. If every one is working that's fine. But what Indy has in thier contract will let the company do the same as they are now. Which is starve our co-workers. With the subcontracting language in the Indy Contract I see the line-haul operation shrinking not expanding like we would rather see.

You are really showing your ignorance here young grasshopper. You give me one example of an LTL carrier who offers an average of 2 cents per mile over a five year span. I dare you. I double damn dare you! Come on. You are the king of digging up (so called) facts to validate your points. So, pony up grasshopper. Elvis out and waiting...

I meant to say 2 cents a mile (per year average) over a span of 5 yrs. my bad. Elvis out...

Chicago meeting

I sometimes wonder if anyone actually reads the replys in these posts because I posted about the Chicago meeting soon after I attended it and a week or more later we are getting another post on it. 1st. The 3% match was traded for $250.00 month insurance costs for retirees in the Indy negotiations according to Teamster leaders in Chicago. MrIssue can confirm this but I doubt he will since he will not answer my direct questions to him in my previous post. 2nd. We were strung along by the teamster leadership in Chicagoland just as a lot of you around the country were telling us we were going to get our own contracts. We now know this not to be true and our only voice may be a NO vote on the contract if it does not meet our needs as differant size terminals. IT'S NOT JUST THE $$$$$ per hour or cents/mile PEOPLE. Other things in the contract can affect your bottom line as well as your job security.

I sometimes wonder if anyone actually reads the replys in these posts because I posted about the Chicago meeting soon after I attended it and a week or more later we are getting another post on it. 1st. The 3% match was traded for $250.00 month insurance costs for retirees in the Indy negotiations according to Teamster leaders in Chicago. MrIssue can confirm this but I doubt he will since he will not answer my direct questions to him in my previous post. 2nd. We were strung along by the teamster leadership in Chicagoland just as a lot of you around the country were telling us we were going to get our own contracts. We now know this not to be true and our only voice may be a NO vote on the contract if it does not meet our needs as differant size terminals. IT'S NOT JUST THE $$$$$ per hour or cents/mile PEOPLE. Other things in the contract can affect your bottom line as well as your job security.

I can vouch for this post. I also know there was a trade off in regards to retiree medical instead of the 401k match. Elvis out...

We are with you up yonder.

If the she your talking about is me, well let me tell you something.....I understand quite well what's going on. I come from a family of past and present union guys and I do know what's going on. I think it's the other way around.....some of you guys don't understand. As far as a uniformed contract, that's not what I meant. The guys in CGO DON'T WANT TO WEAR THE UNIFORMS THEY ARE WEARING NOW. And as far as anyone in the Teamsters now,........ let me put it this way Teamsters will say anything to get guys to join. If a bunch of you guy's can afford to pay allot for insurance,which I'm sure allot of you can't, then go for it. Not both spouses are working in every household. The economy is not good at all. And the insurance is not good now and won't change when the uniuon get's in. I'm a diabetic and I can not go to any Advocate Hospital because these plans they do not take. I can not choose a doctor from a hospital that's an Advocate Hospital. A diabetic is considered a High Risk person and we need a Trauma Center and I can't go to one. It's a good thing I take very good care of myself, otherwise I'd be dead. You can't even choose the doctor or hospital you want, they do it for you. People are going to starve out there. People are going to lose houses out there. People are going to lose everything they have worked so hard for. Mark my words in time to come. It's not only Nightwalkers future.....It's my future too.

Health Benefits is a huge issue in this country. Under UPSF I pay $360.00 per month for a family plan and still pay out of my pocket every time we use the health Ins. I cannot choose where to go. It must be in network. So how much is allot to pay that I cannot afford. People are going to lose there homes and everything they own whether we go union or not. Look around you, This company will be unionized whether we like it or not. This was the plan of UPS. UPS is dictating what your future will be. Get on board and have a voice in your future. That's your only choice at this point other than leaving the company. I have been here 25 years and I will take what ever they dish out. I also will give it my best shot to have a voice in my future with UPSF even though I only have 5 more years to go. :smilie_132:

I already knew a long time ago that every one would be getting the Indy contract. It's not bad for a FIRST contract. There is strength in numbers and with a pro big business mentality in D.C. the workers of the USA need a voice. As far as other carriers paying the same...I doubt it. The biggest non union carriers don't have a pension...just a crummy 401 k that is driven by the market. Old Dominion pays 46 cents per mile and Estes does not pay overtime at all. Who wants to work freaking 60 hours a week and not get paid overtime ? Our 401 match is paid in class b stocks that are pretty much worthless ! I would rather take the wage encreases that I will get under the contract and use that money to invest as I so choose, not how UPS wants me to. Even some of the Supes at my barn wish they could join the union because they figure that brown is going to screw them out of thier pension and 401 !