FedEx Freight | Union Myths Debunked

"Oh poor me Boo-hoo" . . ."Those mean bully Teamsters are trying to give me a voice in work rules at my terminal, prevent me from being fired at the whim of my Supervisor, and establish a real health/welfare and retirement plan for my family and me." "Don't they know that some people actually like living daily with the uncertainty of job security? Boo-hoo!"

"Oh poor me Boo-hoo" . . ."Those mean bully Teamsters are trying to give me a voice in work rules at my terminal, prevent me from being fired at the whim of my Supervisor, and establish a real health/welfare and retirement plan for my family and me." "Don't they know that some people actually like living daily with the uncertainty of job security? Boo-hoo!"
What if you don't want their voice, you sound like a Washington politician. "we know whats best for you"

Sounds like Stoney hit a nerve. And if i read the post properly i think there was some name calling MR Moderator???

Quit being a ******* tattletale in the open forum. Use the report and learn the difference between using descriptive terms and name calling.

If I call you an irritation to my well being, I'm OK. If I call you an irritating *******, I get the stick.

Ask Stoney if union people get preferential treatment.

Guardrail

Then you shouldn't work here.

I don't work there, I did it wasn't for me and I moved on instead of getting online and bellyaching about everything. My point is and has been, what makes you so sure that the majority actually wants the union and why are you so much smarter than the ones who don't.

I don't work there, I did it wasn't for me and I moved on instead of getting online and bellyaching about everything. My point is and has been, what makes you so sure that the majority actually wants the union and why are you so much smarter than the ones who don't.

You haven't moved on. :Poke:

I have no reason to deflect the discussion about FedEx or Conway. Doesn't matter to me if they're organized or not. .

I'm sorry you feel that way. I would think that all union workers would want to see their competition organized. The more major carriers that have a union contract will help to regain our once higher standards of pay and benefits. With FedEx and Conway on board it might force the other non union companies to raise their wage and benefit standards (like overtime) in order to keep drivers. If those standards were to be raised you might even get your wage and benefits package at ABF returned to it's top rate.

Nice bumper sticker, I belong to a union and they endorse a lot I personally disagree with but if I disagree with them they tell me "I'm free to go" souds like I AM the union to me.

The majority of people are not doomsday preppers sooooo . . . it would be kind of hard to work your unique viewpoint into every policy decision. ;)

I'm sorry you feel that way. I would think that all union workers would want to see their competition organized. The more major carriers that have a union contract will help to regain our once higher standards of pay and benefits. With FedEx and Conway on board it might force the other non union companies to raise their wage and benefit standards (like overtime) in order to keep drivers. If those standards were to be raised you might even get your wage and benefits package at ABF returned to it's top rate.

It's just an acceptance of reality. Unions are dying, partly of their own doing, but mostly because of market forces. Unions are obsolete.
Hate to tell you this, but neither FedEx or Conway will ever be organized.
So it's not that I don't care really, it's because I'm not going to waste my time worrying about something that'll never happen.

Sounds like Stoney hit a nerve. And if i read the post properly i think there was some name calling MR Moderator???

The only "nerve" little Stoney hit, was making it personal. Yes, by stating that he was addressing "my lies", he's calling me a liar. Not "mistaken" or wrong, but a liar. So your buddy is the one "name calling". When someone makes it personal, rather than run to the moderator, I take it up with the person. No different than if it were a red shirt, opps manager, center manager or another driver. I don't run to HR first.

Now back on topic. Stoney and johndeere4020 both contend that the Teamsters "go after" (target) companies with out the employees asking and showing significant support My personal experience says otherwise. In the current world we live in, media reports provide little "proof" as reporters don't dig for the facts. Evidence of this is clear anytime there in an article about a topic we already know the facts on. They simply don't usually get the details right.

Until I see some evidence of Teamsters targeting a company, I will not consider that myth to be debunked. Until significant numbers are already secure, they've been less than helpful. No Teamster tent out front, no Teamster Truck, Not even a day laborer handing out flyers. Even after being approached they don't "target" until the numbers are there and petition filed. FACT.

The only "nerve" little Stoney hit, was making it personal. Yes, by stating that he was addressing "my lies", he's calling me a liar. Not "mistaken" or wrong, but a liar. So your buddy is the one "name calling". When someone makes it personal, rather than run to the moderator, I take it up with the person. No different than if it were a red shirt, opps manager, center manager or another driver. I don't run to HR first.

Now back on topic. Stoney and johndeere4020 both contend that the Teamsters "go after" (target) companies with out the employees asking and showing significant support My personal experience says otherwise. In the current world we live in, media reports provide little "proof" as reporters don't dig for the facts. Evidence of this is clear anytime there in an article about a topic we already know the facts on. They simply don't usually get the details right.

Until I see some evidence of Teamsters targeting a company, I will not consider that myth to be debunked. Until significant numbers are already secure, they've been less than helpful. No Teamster tent out front, no Teamster Truck, Not even a day laborer handing out flyers. Even after being approached they don't "target" until the numbers are there and petition filed. FACT.

Touchy touchy! LMAO!

I never called you a liar. I said you were telling lies. There's a difference. I'm sure you believe the lies you're telling.

Use some critical thinking skills. Why would the burger flippers go to the union? Most those employees understand that's just a beginning job, which is why the turnover rate is extremely high (150%). And if they did go to the union, then why isn't the union using them to protest? Again the union was paying people who don't work in the fast food industry to protest.

And if you think about it. The burden of proof is on you. You said the unions don't target companies unless the employees go to them first. Where's your evidence these fast food workers went to the union first?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fast-food-worker-strikes-arent-what-they-appear-to-be-2014-09-04

Can't get them to call back at my yard.

Call dc home office. We wanted cards an local didn't want to give them. So we called dc and next meeting we had cards. I think NHS had same problem until they made some phone calls.

On another note. I wonder home much time our managers an corporate waste monitoring TB? I guess enough that we are having a cookout this week and picnic next month! LMAO!!

I'm sorry guys but cheeseburgers, face painting, bounce houses, zip lines, and door prizes!!!! No way I want a union now!!!

Fedex you love me you really really love me!!

You Really Love Me!: You Really Love Me! - YouTube

Call dc home office. We wanted cards an local didn't want to give them. So we called dc and next meeting we had cards. I think NHS had same problem until they made some phone calls.

On another note. I wonder home much time our managers an corporate waste monitoring TB? I guess enough that we are having a cookout this week and picnic next month! LMAO!!

I'm sorry guys but cheeseburgers, face painting, bounce houses, zip lines, and door prizes!!!! No way I want a union now!!!

Fedex you love me you really really love me!!

You Really Love Me!: You Really Love Me! - YouTube

lol................................................