TForce | UPGF Where are we GOING?

They might as well rebrand us Landspan. Taking our freight and theres nothing we can do about it currently.

Drivers sitting at home while the shiny wheels are pulling trailers in and out of our term.

Naw, we don't need a contract.

well said. Me and you might get along yet.I was behind 2 rails at the light to go out to I-81 last week when I passed them indepedents were pulling them.Now covenant is in there pulling some CA points. They loaded a couple of pups for SLC this week. That's afirst in about 3 months mainly that get's sent out through CRST,Interstate or rail, keep in mind over 100,000lbs. a freight a day gets loaded through SLC.This makes me sick, I'm just a dockworker but I know SH## rolls down hill.

Everybody works before contractors.

I never said that a contract would stop them from pulling our freight, but it would make sure employees worked before Cons were utilized.

Just need to put it in the contract.

Well said.Contracts and independents are probaly pulling between 500,000 and 1 millon
lbs. a day out of HRS.You got fon,pnx,sat,san,ria,los,lax,sea,por,slc,den,new,scm,sjs,just to name them most.Buddy before UPGF these got pulled by sleeper teams. Then you got people saying we dont need a union, WAKE UP!!!

Slave, I agree with the fact that most companies have a "you wash our backs, we'll wash yours" attitude. My concern is with my pension. After 24 years I don't want to loose that. I've heard rumours about the Teamsters giving us 1 year in for every 2 we've put in at O...NOT HAPPENING!!! You want all my pension money, you give me ALL my time! The APWA on the otherhand has been rumoured to say it would stay were it's at. Cool! But....What kind of backing does the APWA have? Us?
So were do we go from here?

I hope this clears your mind a little. The 2 years for 1 works like this. For every 2 years you worked at Big O, you will get one year of Teamster pension credit. Your Big O pension will be frozen and you will collect 1 year for every 2 plus whatever time you put in with the Teamsters.

Simply put, if you have 10 years at "O" and have 10 to go, you will get your 10 year "O" pension plus 15 years Teamsters (10 plus the 2 for 1 = 15).

Steve5 The teamsters and or the apwa is not going to stop the shinny wheels from pulling freight . The teamster contracts allow a certin percentage of freight tobe contracted Slo

Slo, as far as I know the only language even close to that a limit on rail miles. Not contractor miles.

Even with a percentage allowed to be put on rail it's still better to have that language in place instead of nothing because the company could do whatever they wanted to do otherwise.

Well I think i can say for everybody, wish i was back at the big "O".But let's face reality,we got bought by the transportation king.Now were in a struggle between 2 unions.
You are dreaming if you consider this any type of struggle. There is only one real Union organizing UPSF....the Teamsters. Your apwa "shoo in" election in KC failed miserably, remember? Let's see now.....one one hand we have the Teamster with over 100 years of real Union experience and about 1.4 million members.....on the other hand we have 2 clowns who don't pay dues to the Teamsters and a Union busting lawyer who represent NOBODY and have never had ANY experience at Union leadership whatsoever. Struggle? I don't see one. Anybody who does should get their eyes checked ASAP.

I hope this clears your mind a little. The 2 years for 1 works like this. For every 2 years you worked at Big O, you will get one year of Teamster pension credit. Your Big O pension will be frozen and you will collect 1 year for every 2 plus whatever time you put in with the Teamsters.

Simply put, if you have 10 years at "O" and have 10 to go, you will get your 10 year "O" pension plus 15 years Teamsters (10 plus the 2 for 1 = 15).

As much as I liked this idea, of coarse it favors me the working stiff, I have talked to Teamsters who are not in favor of this at all and said they would be very pissed if this gets approved. Why? Because here is a guy who worked years to get a vested IBT pension and along comes a union busting company who the IBT is willing to make up sweetheart deals in order to get there votes. Not to mention the allocation of pension funding to cover the additional years freely given to workers who had not contributed.

Another issue of concern is if UPS and the IBT come to terms with the pension and there is a buyout, what leverage do the Teamsters have in organizing us if UPS buys out there portion of the fund? Granted UPS is doing a fine job at beating us into submission, and with or without a 2 for 1 pension offering, representation is and will be clearly needed. But if this pension buyout goes through, I bet the 2 for 1 is gone. Especially if the IBT and UPS are in the same bed on the pension

Lastly, if all the companies now under IBT contracts decide to buyout, what happens to the guys like myself who had 15yrs in the Teamsters and lost there jobs? Is there going to be pension funds set aside for us? Or is that another negotiation the IBT, the companies and the government willing to conceed on?

Hugnlug,

Those that you have spoken to probably don't see the big picture. Of course at first look it appears one sided in favor of those looking to come on board. However, the bigger picture, in reality, is there would then be more Teamsters that the employer is making contributions to the funds for. The contributions would be increased in the funds as opposed to the status quo. More funds = more money to invest. Hopefully that would offset any "additional" costs.

As far as the fund pullout is concerned, it is for Central States fund only. However, if this were to go through, I could definitely see a trickle down effect into the other funds as well. Anyone that has time vested should be entitled to whatever they have earned up until that point, even if they are no longer working.

What are you saying Hugnlug I have 30 now so if I have to work 5 to be IBT vested I will be at or near 37 years 30 to 32 frozen will that be 15 or 16 + the 5 I work ? So thats 100% O pension + 21 Ibt 2 full pensions looks VERY INTERESTING to me Slo

Its hard to read all of this "what has the teamsters done" all of you guys need to look up the word UNION it means you people act as one not that I am going to retire in a year or year and a half we need to look out for everone like my brothers did years ago in this Teamsters Union instead of what can I do for myself!!!!!!!!!!

Its hard to read all of this "what has the teamsters done" all of you guys need to look up the word UNION it means you people act as one not that I am going to retire in a year or year and a half we need to look out for everone like my brothers did years ago in this Teamsters Union instead of what can I do for myself!!!!!!!!!!

Lets not even pretend that the "Brotherhood" gives a sh*t about anyone else when it comes right down to it.

Yes, you need to be united to accomplish the desired result when it comes to work rules and compensation for work performed...or in some cases...time spent at work....LOL,
but we all know when it comes down to your individual pay check it's every man for him self.:nutkick:

If being a Union member meant you gave a sh*t about anyone else there would be no such thing as a hog board.
While I agree that seniority means something,
you shouldn't be able to pee in a bottle and shat your drawers to be the first one back on the board and get 3 or 4 trips in before junior men even get out.

That is just one example...sure to get a wonderful response.

The point is.... You may stand united during contract time, but when it comes to putting food on the table...it is every man for himself....which is fine...but don't try to fool anyone into believing your all wonderful people.

Glad,
If it wasn't for a seniority board they wouldn't need the bottom at all. Wheel boards are the ones that promote the racing like you describe. A senior man doesn't need to race when he knows he'll get out anyway. Be careful of what you wish for when you're at or near the bottom, because if you could change it now for your benefit, you'd want to change it back when you got some seniority. It doesn't have anything at all to do with whether or not Teamsters really care about each other. What it amounts to is that junior men want instant seniority. There is no perfect dispatch system in trucking but in time you'll see what I mean. Seniority has to count.

You are dreaming if you consider this any type of struggle. There is only one real Union organizing UPSF....the Teamsters. Your apwa "shoo in" election in KC failed miserably, remember? Let's see now.....one one hand we have the Teamster with over 100 years of real Union experience and about 1.4 million members.....on the other hand we have 2 clowns who don't pay dues to the Teamsters and a Union busting lawyer who represent NOBODY and have never had ANY experience at Union leadership whatsoever. Struggle? I don't see one. Anybody who does should get their eyes checked ASAP.

Get their eyes checked? Everybody with 2 eyes look under this guys username! YELLOW FREIGHT RELOCATER, Let's all go out and sign teamster cards to sweeten stldude44's teamster pension! The teamsters been around 100 years, so they were a good union 70 years ago the last 30 they have probaly been in the companys hip pocket just like all other labor unions.Why's UPS so scared of the APWA?Maybe because they are not in their hip pockets!What's the teamsters going to do about all the subs&independents in HRS? Van S. said at the last APWA meeting there would be none if the APWA get's in.The teamsters would never ask UPS this,because it would not be in UPS"s best interest, UPS is the hand that feed's the teamster's and ups know's this.APWA IS THE BETTER WAY!!!!

Why's UPS so scared of the APWA?!
UPS didn't vote against the APWA in KAN...the smart employee's did.

What's the teamsters going to do about all the subs&independents in HRS?
It can be written into the contract that only a certain percentage of freight gets shipped by subs
Van S. said at the last APWA meeting there would be none if the APWA get's in.
He is dreaming. You can't completely do away with subs.
APWA IS THE BETTER WAY!!!!
You are completely insane if you actually believe that statement.

Your hatred of the teamsters and supporting the APWA equates to hating the auto industry and choosing to ride a tricycle instead of driving a car.
Strange analogy, but its off the top of my head.

Get their eyes checked? Everybody with 2 eyes look under this guys username! YELLOW FREIGHT RELOCATER, Let's all go out and sign teamster cards to sweeten stldude44's teamster pension! The teamsters been around 100 years, so they were a good union 70 years ago the last 30 they have probaly been in the companys hip pocket just like all other labor unions.Why's UPS so scared of the APWA?Maybe because they are not in their hip pockets!What's the teamsters going to do about all the subs&independents in HRS? Van S. said at the last APWA meeting there would be none if the APWA get's in.The teamsters would never ask UPS this,because it would not be in UPS"s best interest, UPS is the hand that feed's the teamster's and ups know's this.APWA IS THE BETTER WAY!!!!

My pension, or that of any current Teamster won't be sweetened by UPSF and you know it. We all know that one of the things that UPS said from day one is that they will never agree to UPSF going into the current pension funds.....or did you miss that? Or, are you choosing to overlook it in a weak attempt to try to scare your fellow employees? Is that an apwa tactic? It seems that it didn't work in KC and probably won't work anywhere else either.

Ah, Van said no subs and independents. Tough talk from a guy who'll never be in a position to deliver one thing. Keep sending him your money. The hard working UPSF employees have spoken loud and clear in KC....they're waiting for the Teamsters....a real Union.

Slave, do yourself a favor and avoid further embarrassment by just becoming a Teamster like the rest of UPSF is going to.

I like what you did, throw some comedy into the mix, very nice. I know no one believes Buster is afraid of any thing, or that there's a group that wants to be a union yet the main guys havn't even been stewards. Belive me UPS would rather deal with the so called APWA than with the Teamsters. Thank you for the comic relief, keep it coming.

you overnite drivers should be embrassed by pulling this junk equipment around for the world to see. This company called upsfreight is pathetic, how can ups allow this to happen. Doesn't ups have any pride? We are the laughing stock of the motoring public and all ltl freight carriers and rightfully so.....upsfreight is just the gypo division of ups. what a disgrace to the employees and our customers.