TForce | UPGF Where are we GOING?

HRS-SLAVE

TB Lurker
Credits
Well I think i can say for everybody, wish i was back at the big "O".But let's face reality,we got bought by the transportation king.Now were in a struggle between 2 unions.First off for you guy's that say we dont need a union,I think your dead wrong!The way i see it things have gotten worse since we got bought out anybody that does'nt see this is a FOOL!But who do you pick?The teamsters would'nt be my first pick but i would take them over nothing.Maybe you say to yourself what's wrong with the teamsters?The APWA got started because of the teamsters mismanaging the pension fund,now UPS is going to spend $7 billion on fixing this.But this new fund is going to be jointly managed by UPS and the teamsters.Why let the teamsters hands in this again,so 20 years down the road we have the same problem.In my opinion the people that dont want a union, see other union's that dont do anything for there worker's well i see that too.That's why i am against the teamsters.All labor unions that have been around awhile are in the big company's hip pocket,they do as little as possible to please the employees,there more out for the company.That's why the APWA is the better choice in our case,it was started out for employee's GAIN.And for all you teamster supporters,even if the APWA goes no further, THEY SAVED YOUR PENSION.If it was'nt for them, 20 years down the road you might not have one!

Slave, I agree with the fact that most companies have a "you wash our backs, we'll wash yours" attitude. My concern is with my pension. After 24 years I don't want to loose that. I've heard rumours about the Teamsters giving us 1 year in for every 2 we've put in at O...NOT HAPPENING!!! You want all my pension money, you give me ALL my time! The APWA on the otherhand has been rumoured to say it would stay were it's at. Cool! But....What kind of backing does the APWA have? Us?
So were do we go from here?

Slave, I agree with the fact that most companies have a "you wash our backs, we'll wash yours" attitude. My concern is with my pension. After 24 years I don't want to loose that. I've heard rumours about the Teamsters giving us 1 year in for every 2 we've put in at O...NOT HAPPENING!!! You want all my pension money, you give me ALL my time! The APWA on the otherhand has been rumoured to say it would stay were it's at. Cool! But....What kind of backing does the APWA have? Us?

I heard 1 for 2 too.That's what alot of the senior men dont like about the teamsters. what happened to the $800 million pension fund overnite had?

Well I think i can say for everybody, wish i was back at the big "O".But let's face reality,we got bought by the transportation king.Now were in a struggle between 2 unions.First off for you guy's that say we dont need a union,I think your dead wrong!The way i see it things have gotten worse since we got bought out anybody that does'nt see this is a FOOL!But who do you pick?The teamsters would'nt be my first pick but i would take them over nothing.Maybe you say to yourself what's wrong with the teamsters?The APWA got started because of the teamsters mismanaging the pension fund,now UPS is going to spend $7 billion on fixing this.But this new fund is going to be jointly managed by UPS and the teamsters.Why let the teamsters hands in this again,so 20 years down the road we have the same problem.In my opinion the people that dont want a union, see other union's that dont do anything for there worker's well i see that too.That's why i am against the teamsters.All labor unions that have been around awhile are in the big company's hip pocket,they do as little as possible to please the employees,there more out for the company.That's why the APWA is the better choice in our case,it was started out for employee's GAIN.And for all you teamster supporters,even if the APWA goes no further, THEY SAVED YOUR PENSION.If it was'nt for them, 20 years down the road you might not have one!
The APWA saved my pension,buddy you are so dead wrong ,,I just got my big laugh for the day,:hysterical:

yeah whatever happened to the fully funded pension the top brass at Overnite was always bragging about when the Teamsters were leanning on them?

On the issue of need a union.
Why do we need a union?
Up to now we've still remained a non-union company,as long as we do our work the way UPS wants us to,why would we have any worrys?

Go to the Roadway,and some other forums on this truckingboard,and read some of the posts of what the Teamster companies are pulling on their workers.

I don't hear any horor storys of any of the UPS Freight workers being kicked to the curb so far.

Plus look whats going on with this latest organizing effort.

What is going on with it?
Thats what I'd like to know.

I'm a firm believer in doing your best job,getting your paycheck,and enjoying your time off.

I don't worry about things that are not in my control,whats the point,its just a waste of time.

As far as our pension goes????

When I'm ready to retire in a year,and a half I hope its there for me,thats all I know!!

HRS-SLAVE I dont understand Your Post>
The Pension fund the APWA is speaking of is [ CENTRAL STATES --THAT has nothing to do with you since you would fall under the
CENTRAL PENN PENSION FUND. Their is a difference. What do you think the APWA is going to do for YOU ? :smilie_132: They still work for BROWN .
Its time for you to awake from your dream , these gentlemen have NO knowledge of the freight buisness. You better hope the APWA dont get in here cause you will NOT have a pot to pEEEEE in.

First off money/pensions have to be negotiated between the company and the union. Folks you are jumping to conclusions. NOTHING SAYS THE COMPANY IS OR WILL NEGOTIATE YOUR PENSION, WITH THE TEAMSTERS>. NEXT=you will NOT lose your pension that you have with The big _O. What will happen is -YOUR pension will be frozen. That Is law under ERISA . That way the company/union CANNOT touch the pension money you have. (next ) say you work another 10 years for the company under a teamsters contract your pension would be 1700. for that 10 years plus what monies are due to you thru your pension with the big-O
DONT take adivce from a sea lawyer If you really want to no, call your local union hall and ask.

I heard 1 for 2 too.That's what alot of the senior men dont like about the teamsters. what happened to the $800 million pension fund overnite had?
HRS_you and your senior men need to go to a TEAMSTERS MEETING and STOP listen to RUMORS> There is no truth in your statement. If you want to no what happened to the OVERNITE pension fund, ask UPS. They have control over it.

It all started with the down turn in the stock market. Our pension fund Central States and many others in the country, union and non-union took a hit. I'm not happy about it like everybody else. Could they have handled it better I think so. The APAW from what I remember did get started because of the cut backs in the fund. The southern guys took a real hit on their monthly charge for insurance after retirement, thats where all the *****ing came from. When the pension cuts came in they didn't really affect the older guys, you were looked in whith what you allready had.
UPS isn't buying out Central States because of the kindness of it's heart. It's a business decision, they look long term and see down the road where they will be saving money.
I for one would want the trustees of the new fund to be half company and half Teamster.
The APAW didn't save any thing. As far as I'm concerned the guys runing it are *****, they took them self's out of the Teamsters didn't they. We all hear rumors, one is the law firm they hired is a union busting firm, true or not I dont know. You guys are the ones that need to make the decision, the APAW or the Teamsters. If you choose the APAW good luck, you're need it.

It all started with the down turn in the stock market. Our pension fund Central States and many others in the country, union and non-union took a hit. I'm not happy about it like everybody else. Could they have handled it better I think so. The APAW from what I remember did get started because of the cut backs in the fund. The southern guys took a real hit on their monthly charge for insurance after retirement, thats where all the *****ing came from. When the pension cuts came in they didn't really affect the older guys, you were looked in whith what you allready had.
UPS isn't buying out Central States because of the kindness of it's heart. It's a business decision, they look long term and see down the road where they will be saving money.
I for one would want the trustees of the new fund to be half company and half Teamster.
The APAW didn't save any thing. As far as I'm concerned the guys runing it are *****, they took them self's out of the Teamsters didn't they. We all hear rumors, one is the law firm they hired is a union busting firm, true or not I dont know. You guys are the ones that need to make the decision, the APAW or the Teamsters. If you choose the APAW good luck, you're need it.

well said wiseguyups

HRS_you and your senior men need to go to a TEAMSTERS MEETING and STOP listen to RUMORS> There is no truth in your statement. If you want to no what happened to the OVERNITE pension fund, ask UPS. They have control over it.

When's the next meeting?

yeah whatever happened to the fully funded pension the top brass at Overnite was always bragging about when the Teamsters were leanning on them?

On the issue of need a union.
Why do we need a union?
Up to now we've still remained a non-union company,as long as we do our work the way UPS wants us to,why would we have any worrys?

Go to the Roadway,and some other forums on this truckingboard,and read some of the posts of what the Teamster companies are pulling on their workers.

I don't hear any horor storys of any of the UPS Freight workers being kicked to the curb so far.

Plus look whats going on with this latest organizing effort.

What is going on with it?
Thats what I'd like to know.

I'm a firm believer in doing your best job,getting your paycheck,and enjoying your time off.

I don't worry about things that are not in my control,whats the point,its just a waste of time.

As far as our pension goes????

When I'm ready to retire in a year,and a half I hope its there for me,thats all I know!!

apos you dont see all the unfair stuff ups is pulling at the bigger terminals.You cant work under ups with no protection,remember the bigger the company the greedier they are!If we stay non-union ups will turn us into a fed-ex ground.

They might as well rebrand us Landspan. Taking our freight and theres nothing we can do about it currently.

Drivers sitting at home while the shiny wheels are pulling trailers in and out of our term.

Naw, we don't need a contract.

They might as well rebrand us Landspan. Taking our freight and theres nothing we can do about it currently.

Drivers sitting at home while the shiny wheels are pulling trailers in and out of our term.

Well said S5 this is exactley whats hapening can you say Fed ex ground come on INDY:1036316054:

Steve5 The teamsters and or the apwa is not going to stop the shinny wheels from pulling freight . The teamster contracts allow a certin percentage of freight tobe contracted Slo

You being sarcastic driver??????:hide:

Steve5 The teamsters and or the apwa is not going to stop the shinny wheels from pulling freight . The teamster contracts allow a certin percentage of freight tobe contracted Slo

Key word percentage!!!!! They run over our guys and gals constantly....If it is needed and EVERYONE is working then do what you need but not at the cost of your employees....

There are some cicumstances where contractors will pull our loads, if we are out of drivers, missed train (hired by the RR then) and there might be a couple of other reasons, and during our peak season (christmas). All senority people will be offered work when this happens. It might be a s#$% job but you would be offered work. At our place for extra board work they need to offer jobs via phone calls, which you can pass on twice, the third call if you pass is considered an absent. A couple peaks ago when they were using contractors they only called me twice each day on two seperate days, I passed, since they didn't call a third time either day I got paid for the days. You guys need to check out our contract and also master freights everything is spelled out there.

Everybody works before contractors.

I never said that a contract would stop them from pulling our freight, but it would make sure employees worked before Cons were utilized.

Just need to put it in the contract.