TForce | UPS Freight is going to be unionized so get over it.

the only way the union gets in is is WE the drivers vote them in. we must insist on getting the same contract that ups package, feeders and mechanics get otherwise whats the point

Yes your 100% right webidiot all of us UPS Freight..

employees outside these trucking boadrs are being tricked into signing cards for Teamster representation as we post.
Maybe by the end of this month we'll all be Teamsters,like it or not,thanks to UPS's C.E.O. thats allowed the card signing to be the only vote.

Any contract issues will be brought up later when UPS,and the Teamsters union represenitives get good and ready,to open barganing talks.

In the mean time all,of us UPS Freight employees,and management can start getting used to woking under Teamsters rules.

It will be survival of the fittest.
Just like the animal kingdom,only the strong will survive.

Than all of the people that said we were dumb not to want union representation,may find out we weren't that dumb after all.

May be just my opinion,may be not?

hobo said:
the only way the union gets in is is WE the drivers vote them in. we must insist on getting the same contract that ups package, feeders and mechanics get otherwise whats the point
I seriuosly doubt you will get a contract like parcel, that's like apples and oranges. However you should be able to get the master freight without a problem. Wouldn't that be a better deal than you now have or not?

FM

You have it BACKWARDS!

Apostolic said:
employees outside these trucking boadrs are being tricked into signing cards for Teamster representation as we post.
Maybe by the end of this month we'll all be Teamsters,like it or not,thanks to UPS's C.E.O. thats allowed the card signing to be the only vote.

Any contract issues will be brought up later when UPS,and the Teamsters union represenitives get good and ready,to open barganing talks.

In the mean time all,of us UPS Freight employees,and management can start getting used to woking under Teamsters rules.

It will be survival of the fittest.
Just like the animal kingdom,only the strong will survive.

Than all of the people that said we were dumb not to want union representation,may find out we weren't that dumb after all.

May be just my opinion,may be not?
Please explain in what way drivers are being tricked into signing cards??? Do you think the Teamsters are magicians? Additionally, yes, all freight employees can start getting used to being hard working Teamsters along with enjoying the great benefits and compensation of Teamsters.

all UPS drivers get the same contract. package, feeders and even the mechanic. yes we are freight drivers BUT we are UPS freight drivers. why should we be treated differently. we are UPS first freight drivers second. we want a UPS CONTRACT not a freight contract. we dont work for abf or roadway we work for UPS. we have to INSIST on this

Hobo we work for the LTL freight industry,not package.

The package drivers deliver,and pickup maybe between 100,and 150 stops daily per driver.
Their timed with a supervisor,on how many steps ,and the strides of their paces to get from their truck,to make a delivery,or pickup,and get going again.
They are under way more pressure than we will ever be.
We in freight make dock deliveries,and pickups.
Depending on the area of your route,you may get 10,to 20 stops per day.
Freight and package are completely different operations,UPS package drivers earn their money that they receive in their contract.

We however aren't that far off in wages to the NMFA,if we could get a few items,like time,and a half after 8 hours per day,also delay pay for road drivers.

Although I've heard regular UPS road drivers get paid by the hour.
If thats the case they get paid for every delay.

UPS Freight could just make a few wage,and benefit ajustments and we would be doing ok.
Union,or no union.

Well Drake the whole of the company isn't clear..

on whats taking place since the UPS C.E.O. gave the go ahead for the card check.
We found out that signing a card would be the only vote there would be.
We also were told that it would only be one terminal.

Local Teamster offices are setting up informational meetings for all that are interested about organizing,also anyone else that would like some union info.

When we go to these meetings,these cards will be offered,and the Teamster represenitives that are running these meetings will urge all in attendence to sign up.
When enough cards are signed at each local all across the country,we will be Teamsters.

So if this is the way the Teamsters are doing their organizing will each terminal think that they are the one terminal being organized?

If this is the case I'd call it trickery.

let me try this one more time. UPS has 3 divisions package,feeders and now freight. i know that package drivers work hard and earn every dime they make. the feeders (non road) do pretty much the same as us. they go from dock to dock. they have the same contract. ALL UPS DRIVERS SHOULD HAVE THE SAME CONTRACT. what are we second class ups drivers. 2 divisions get one deal and 1 doesn't dahhh this isn't rocket science

webidiot said:
you have no choice the wheels are in motion ups does not want any labor problems or problems with their stockholders.
yes there do have a choice it's either yes or no.

hobo said:
let me try this one more time. UPS has 3 divisions package,feeders and now freight. i know that package drivers work hard and earn every dime they make. the feeders (non road) do pretty much the same as us. they go from dock to dock. they have the same contract. ALL UPS DRIVERS SHOULD HAVE THE SAME CONTRACT. what are we second class ups drivers. 2 divisions get one deal and 1 doesn't dahhh this isn't rocket science

Did you ever stop to think that the freight business is different from the package business.
Just because UPS owns us doesn't mean they can raise their rates astronomicaly to pay us,and still compete with the current LTL's.

If there was that kind of money in freight...don't you think the Freight agreement would be a much better package than it is now?

This leads to a question that was just answered in another post....if the teamsters are successful in organizing us,and they can get the rest of the non-union LTL's to organize...then you may have your wish...because there would be no other "cheap" carriers for people to ship with....then everyone will be on a level playing field and we could shoot for the stars in pay and bennies....but then it will cost so much to ship stuff that when you buy something,it will cost a small fortune(to offset the shipping costs)...and you still won't be making enough money.

Where does it all end.

It's pretty much the same reason the American Auto manufacturers are loosing the battle with the foreign cars.
The American(unionized) worker thinks he should be making $50/hour.
And people wonder why a new car costs as much as a house did just 20 or 30 years ago.

Familyman said:
I seriuosly doubt you will get a contract like parcel, that's like apples and oranges. However you should be able to get the master freight without a problem. Wouldn't that be a better deal than you now have or not?

FM
Why shouldn't we get the same, You guys preach one company one union...I want the best if i must ........:smilie_132: I think the master freight agreement is second fiddle why settle............

hobo said:
all UPS drivers get the same contract. package, feeders and even the mechanic. yes we are freight drivers BUT we are UPS freight drivers. why should we be treated differently. we are UPS first freight drivers second. we want a UPS CONTRACT not a freight contract. we dont work for abf or roadway we work for UPS. we have to INSIST on this
I agree 100%..........One co.One Union.One contract.........:tribehasspoken:

Johnnybegood said:
Why shouldn't we get the same you guys preach one company one union...i want the best if i must ........:smilie_132: I think the master freight agreement is second fiddle why settle............

come on now JBG...so you either vote no,or parcel agreement.

You either want no part of the union...or the best it has to offer.

I can't be bought...I don't care if we could get parcel.

hobo said:
We are just as valuable to the UPS co..We must demand the same contract or nothing........:duh:

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
come on now JBG...so you either vote no,or parcel agreement.

You either want no part of the union...or the best it has to offer.

I can't be bought...I don't care if we could get parcel.
I can't be bought either but if we do go we need the best..I will not sign a card but will respect whatever happens.....I live in a right to work state so if our barn goes i have no other choice but to leave....I have way to many years for that.........

Johnnybegood said:
I can't be bought either but if we do go we need the best..I will not sign a card but will respect whatever happens.....I live in a right to work state so if our barn goes i have no other choice but to leave....I have way to many years for that.........

Why would you leave?
Under the right to work,I think you could still have the pay negotiated without paying dues...you just wouldn't have teamster ins and pension.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.