TForce | UPS Freight Union Vote

Covvgirl said:
:bicycle:

Ok I know you asked for a simple yes or no. But I need to say this..

As a young adult a very wise man told me " If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it ''. This very wise man was my father. He has passed, But before he did he raised 5 girls was married to the same lady for 49 yrs. bought a 100 ac ranch, traveled, and loved life to the fullest. This wise man could not read a word, never finished the 4th grade, and milked 200 head of cows until he was 62. and passed at 67 worth over 1 million dollars. I guess it was never broke and he never had to fix it.

In short- he and my husband would vote HELLLL!!! NOOOOO

Sounds like a good man,father, and hard worker. I guess the moral of the story is you don't have to be union to be successful just a good honest hard worker that handles his life and money...

Skeeter - I'm not asking for respect to me or a contract but for people to respect the right to choose by the parties involved and not influnced by those that have a bone to chew on either side of this discussion. just a fact. Thank you.

The funny thing about message boards.

Sometimes the threads go on,and on,sometimes there very short.
I posted a post on this thread that Steve asked me to explan in post#179.
There was alot of posts that went by before I responed on my post reply #193.

Now if you read my thoughts in the middle of all the unrelated comments to my explanation you will think I'm a real lunatic.

But for all that maybe woundering what in the world I'm trying to say on this thread.
Here goes:
If you are sorry that UPS Freight/formaly Overnite is non-union,because you'd like to get the better union wages,and benefits.
Knowing that our company is non-union,and never wanted to be.

Why didn't you just start out working at a union company in the first place?

Like I say why do you want to jump ship,when the ship you want isn't available,when you'd of been much happier getting on your dream ship in the first place?

usf-indy said:
Skeeter - I'm not asking for respect to me or a contract but for people to respect the right to choose by the parties involved and not influnced by those that have a bone to chew on either side of this discussion. just a fact. Thank you.

I wasn't trying to be mean spirited. Just hope you guys do in fact get a good contract.:rockon:

Covvgirl said:
In short- he and my husband would vote HELLLL!!! NOOOOO
So when Indy gets a Contract and it has improvements over what your husband has and your Dad used to have your husband will still say Hell No? Hell no to better pay and better conditions and a real voice in the workplace? What could be more American than that? After all, the law allows that workers join together and have Unions to better themselves in the workplace. With all due respect to your Dad, would he really want his co-workers held back when it was possible to move forward?

stldude44 said:
So when Indy gets a Contract and it has improvements over what your husband has and your Dad used to have your husband will still say Hell No? Hell no to better pay and better conditions and a real voice in the workplace? What could be more American than that? After all, the law allows that workers join together and have Unions to better themselves in the workplace. With all due respect to your Dad, would he really want his co-workers held back when it was possible to move forward?
who says they will get better pay or better beanies. the company could offer a lower pay. no one says they have to give a higher pay package.just be cause yrc or abf and others pay .53 or better upsf might say we are only going to pay .40 pm. then what are they going to do strike and then ups closes them and all those people are out of jobs.

So is there any Indy workers here than can say..

how things are going?
We all keep hearing its going to be better than where we'er at now.
Well is it?
Whats happened up to now that everyone knows is Indy voted to be represented by the Teamsters union.
Also there'd be a contract negociated for all of our best interests.

Ok whats going on?
I thought this great contract was going to be complete by September?

Theres only three more days untill September?

stldude44 said:

Has anybody heard anything about how the contract is going?

Apostolic said:
how things are going?
We all keep hearing its going to be better than where we'er at now.
Well is it?
Whats happened up to now that everyone knows is Indy voted to be represented by the Teamsters union.
Also there'd be a contract negociated for all of our best interests.

Ok whats going on?
I thought this great contract was going to be complete by September?

Theres only three more days untill September?

AP, It is my understanding they will start in Sept. not finished by Sept.

I'm sticking it out with non-union UPS Freight.
I'm already 62 &1/2,by the time a contract is excepted,by the whole company,and UPS it won't do me any good as far as the Teamster pension goes.
My old Teamster pension is frozen at just 20 yrs.

The meeting the union gave said I'd have to work another 5 yrs.union to be revested.
I'd get 2 for 1 yrs., if I don't make 5 yrs.,I get zip.

And thats the name of that tune.
What do you think Skeeter are we looking at a really,really long time before we hear any more,about the Teamsters latest organizing attempt?

When is Mr.J.Hoffa Jr. going to be looking for a new job?

stldude44 said:
Steve,
I wasn't taking anything you posted as meaning that Rebel fit the class I've described. I was referring to those who we all see post the anti-Union one-line zinger posts and never debate the issues. I could use some examples but I won't....we all know who they are.

I know, it was just for the record. I kinda gave him a hard time on another thread, wasn't trying to do it here.

Apostolic said:
The better boat is the one you want.
The one you should of held out for instead of excepting a cheaper model.

In other words.
I'll make this about me,as not to offend the rest of you, who don't agree,with this idea.

Say I hire on with a no-union company,but wanted union.
I should of held out for a union job,insted of hiring into non-union,and whishing I could be in the union.

Now here I am far into my non-union job,wanting to be a union driver?
Whatever I decided first to hire into,I should be greatful for.
Not ungreatful for making the wrong move to begin with.

I apreciate your response and I understand what you mean.

But, I have to tell you I did not come here to work for a union company or hoping it would become a union company.

This has been said before so if I bore anyone to death talk to Apo,( Just kidding.) I came back to Motor Cargo because of what was happening at my previous company and because of UPS. I've never been a big union supporter nor have I ever been anti-union. You can't have a real opinion unless you experience it and I really haven't.

Never, and I mean never had the thought of taking crossed my mind where UPS is concerned. Maybe I was being naive, but it happened and it is still happening. We a MC are not protected, they are throwing us around like ragdolls. One thing they did just recently is force 22 drivers from thier terminals and then force 7 back. it's all on the forced transfer thread. So I'm telling you who ever for hopefully the last time, I did not come here to become union or to unionize anything. That's the truth.

Apostolic said:
Sometimes the threads go on,and on,sometimes there very short.
I posted a post on this thread that Steve asked me to explan in post#179.
There was alot of posts that went by before I responed on my post reply #193.

Now if you read my thoughts in the middle of all the unrelated comments to my explanation you will think I'm a real lunatic.

But for all that maybe woundering what in the world I'm trying to say on this thread.
Here goes:
If you are sorry that UPS Freight/formaly Overnite is non-union,because you'd like to get the better union wages,and benefits.
Knowing that our company is non-union,and never wanted to be.

Why didn't you just start out working at a union company in the first place?

Like I say why do you want to jump ship,when the ship you want isn't available,when you'd of been much happier getting on your dream ship in the first place?

I didn't think you were a lunatic, I understood right away.

But I do think you got the wrong impression of some of us. I hope that one day you will understand my opinion and where I got it from. I've posted enough to support it.

Ok, I'm done.

Apostolic said:
I'm sticking it out with non-union UPS Freight.
I'm already 62 &1/2,by the time a contract is excepted,by the whole company,and UPS it won't do me any good as far as the Teamster pension goes.
My old Teamster pension is frozen at just 20 yrs.

The meeting the union gave said I'd have to work another 5 yrs.union to be revested.
I'd get 2 for 1 yrs., if I don't make 5 yrs.,I get zip.

And thats the name of that tune.
What do you think Skeeter are we looking at a really,really long time before we hear any more,about the Teamsters latest organizing attempt?

When is Mr.J.Hoffa Jr. going to be looking for a new job?

Is it because they are not going to do you any good? You see, I'm thinking not only of myself but of my fellow employees. From your post it sounds like me, me, me.

here is just another thought I had..

I was the 1 that posted the thread asking if there were any other MC yards that was using SUBHAULERS like they are in OR. where Dave runs out of.. he is 1 of 4 drivers there that all ran less than 2 loads each a week ago, and the week before. When I went to OR. to see him I counted 4 not 1 but 4 SUBs with MC & Overnight trailers. this is all fact. Dave called central to bi@#%. and the VP tells him he has 4 trailers Sacramento and no drivers, the next night Dave goes to the yard to run a load and there is no load somehow the Subhauler from Sacramento doesn't make it to Medford. it wasn't until this week that he ran a load everyday.. but he had to stay out everyday also. But yet central is tell both Fresno, Ca. And Medford OR. to hire 5 more drivers each.
Can anyone tell me if the union can help a problem like that, and I'm not trying to be a smart butt either.
last time I had any dealings with the union was 26 yrs ago when the Daddy Hoffa was in charge.. is it still the same as then??? If so .. hell no!!!

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it..

Covvgirl said:
I was the 1 that posted the thread asking if there were any other MC yards that was using SUBHAULERS like they are in OR. where Dave runs out of.. he is 1 of 4 drivers there that all ran less than 2 loads each a week ago, and the week before. When I went to OR. to see him I counted 4 not 1 but 4 SUBs with MC & Overnight trailers. this is all fact. Dave called central to bi@#%. and the VP tells him he has 4 trailers Sacramento and no drivers, the next night Dave goes to the yard to run a load and there is no load somehow the Subhauler from Sacramento doesn't make it to Medford. it wasn't until this week that he ran a load everyday.. but he had to stay out everyday also. But yet central is tell both Fresno, Ca. And Medford OR. to hire 5 more drivers each.
Can anyone tell me if the union can help a problem like that, and I'm not trying to be a smart butt either.
last time I had any dealings with the union was 26 yrs ago when the Daddy Hoffa was in charge.. is it still the same as then??? If so .. hell no!!!

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it..

I don't like hearing what they are doing to MC employees, and your husband's terminal isn't the only MC terminal that this is happening to. I've talked to two other employees from two different terminals that this is happening to. So it isn't just a rumor or B.S.

Why are they doing this? We haven't been through enough yet? And I don't believe it's the whole routing around the problem or "union freindly" terminals because I haven't heard this happening to Indy.

As for the union stopping or helping, I don't know. One thing is for sure we need help from somewhere. Maybe they want to make it a shiny wheel company.

brutus said:
who says they will get better pay or better beanies. the company could offer a lower pay. no one says they have to give a higher pay package.just be cause yrc or abf and others pay .53 or better upsf might say we are only going to pay .40 pm. then what are they going to do strike and then ups closes them and all those people are out of jobs.
Brutus,
It's highly unlikely that UPS bought Overnite to shut them down if they became Union. UPS knew all along organization might be possible. The reason for organization is more about conditions than money, in my estimation. I've read things here that I had no idea were going on there. UPS is a moneymaking operation and UPSF will be also. They won't throw a billion dollars in the trash to beat the Teamsters and lose their new LTL Company. That wouldn't go over too well at the shareholders meeting.

UPS is trying to do the same thing to the feeder drivers so what makes you think they care about you? they have an agenda and it does not include you. I guess after drivers set home for weeks at a time they might decide to get a card signed or look for another job. there is only one thing that will protect you and you know that thing is the teamsters...good luck...I have a contract and I have and will work every day....wake up people.....this is not rocket science, it's just a card.

I have no idea how to feel on this. Even the guys in Indy don't have an idea what is going on.So to be saved the part of playing the fool I think we should wait and see what happens at the indy barn