UPS Package is hiring

Discussion in 'Holland' started by pimpthebrowns, May 14, 2015.

1. hollandman73

hollandman73 Active Member

Heck in Mn all I hear is adds on the radio for Class A drivers.....even Dominoes pizza is offering a 10k sign on bonus and 70-80k to start according to their radio ad. There is a severe shortage in many(not all) parts of the country.

Northern Flash likes this.
  2. Hoodock

Hoodock Well-Known Member

I guess if honkhonk can make it there anyone can! HONKHONK!

Getoverit likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I tried to get into that industry, but it was a real "short" venture if ya know what I'm sayin'.
    Lol

4. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Active Member

So back to the origin of this thread. Where is Parcel hiring permanent feeder drivers? Oh thats right they're not. If its so great there why are you and the other guy on here trying to belittle fellow Teamsters for working a union freight job.

joes bar and grill likes this.
  5. Banker

Banker Active Member

Last I heard Chicago and Indy were hiring a bunch of full time drivers off the street. Louisville usually hires 15-30 off the street a year and is going to open a new ground hub in a year or so with the possibility of several hundred driving jobs eventually. As a former C.F. driver turned Buster Brown and then Union Carhauler, I can tell you that you probably will never make more money than you can at UPS. However you have very little quality of life as you will work nights and or weekends most of your career. If you just want the $$$$$$$, it's the best place in the country to work. If you want a good schedule, don't go there. It is still a great job, but not the best job I have ever had!

falconfan, Getoverit and albag like this.
  6. hollandman73

Hahaha!! Now thats funny! You still think Holland/Yrc is a "Union" freight job! LOL! They haven't been union for about 8 years now! C'mon man stop with the jokes already--your killin' me!

7. hollandman73

If I recall....we had a word for the lowest paid/no pension getting truck drivers.....what was that word again......oh yeah----SCABS!

8. hollandman73

Hows that go Pimp......this is the "NEW DYNAMIC TRUCKING Industry" or something like that....

pimpthebrowns likes this.
  9. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

As you can see mudpuppy he only replied to a portion of your statement. Congratulations hollandman73 and pimp on you guys new adventure at UPS. If they were hiring down south where I live I would have been applied for a feeder job. Unfortunately they're only hiring part time package handlers. Now I know I speak for many who are Holland/YRC drivers on here. BROWN CAFE AWAITS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buffalobill likes this.
  10. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

What did you think 10 years ago, that holland was going to be able to keep competing against companies with lower costs? It doesnt work that way.

11. buffalobill

So who out here is going to get a pension, r&l, conway, estes? Where did you go with a pension, ups?

12. hollandman73

Holland actually competed quite well if not beat the pants off most of the nons back then....and that was paying top wages and a pension. Now not only do the remaining "union" freight companies have to compete against the nons......they have to compete with Yrc/Hollands substandard package. It would have made the other union companies stronger if Yrc/Holland had just gone under....instead of dragging the whole industry down with low wages/no pension. And all for what?? So the banks and top management could suck this company dry and then fold it up when nothings left! Sorry but you gotta be blind not to see it......I think all its gonna take is one downturn in the economy and its lights out. I'm proud to say the Chicago land area voted this garbage down consistently.....they can at least hold their heads up high when its all over.

least as possible and yrc-atm like this.
  13. toilet paper

toilet paper Well-Known Member

I believe the starting rate at upsf is 42cpm and $18 an hour 4 year progression.

14. buffalobill

Holland competed quite well when there were more than 2 nmfa companies, you mean? And non union companies used to be a little more generous with their benefits, dont you think?so when you starting at dominoes? For what its worth, Schneider has a bilboard up saying you can make 80k running tankers for them. You think if you go there, youre going to make that much?

i dunno wtf some of you old timers want, no :shit: it used to be better, unless you have a time machine to help everyone out, what do want to accomplish with all your whining? I was at us foods when YOUR coworkers voted this thru.

15. Hoodock

He wanted a better quality of life! He got it he left !!

16. buffalobill

Good for him! 15 years ago, ups was still a better job, what took so long?

Frootloop likes this.
  17. Hoodock

He's the only one that can answer that.

18. Banker

Banker Active Member

Everyone's idea of a "better job" is not always the same. Infact my idea of a "better job" has changed as I have gotten more gray hair and money in my pocket and 401k. A night road job with CF, Holland or UPS 15-20 years ago was my "dream" job! Little did I know it would be a dream job just not a good dream, more like a nightmare that it took me 10 years to wake up and get out of. But there are others who I know that love (tolerate) night work and stay until they retire, but I also don't choose to berate them for staying. If you like what you do for a living, keep right on doing it even if you might make more money elsewhere. If you don't like it quit and do something else, because nobody wants some bitter SOB working at your job, not even your Brother Teamsters. On occasion I was that bitter SOB, but thank God I am not anymore! Nobody is holding a gun to our heads and making us stay at a job we might end up hating at some point even a "better"union road job at UPS or someplace else.

19. Frootloop

Frootloop Well-Known Member

That is a very interesting and valuable perspective.

20. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Active Member

Pathetic

buffalobill likes this.