Holland | UPS Package is hiring

Heck in Mn all I hear is adds on the radio for Class A drivers.....even Dominoes pizza is offering a 10k sign on bonus and 70-80k to start according to their radio ad. There is a severe shortage in many(not all) parts of the country.

Your right on Holland man, I guess everyone WHO don't pimp the Browns can tell us what we make and how the company is ran. I just can't wait to see how many more come flying over when UPS takes down another train and amazon warehouse pops at 100%. :::shit::: ever since honkhonk came guys been ringing my phone off the hip asking if we're hiring. They fig if honkhonk left it's gotta be better here.
I guess if honkhonk can make it there anyone can! HONKHONK!

First off I didn't call you my pal I called you buddy in a sarcastic way, and I would love to sit down with you and slap some sense into you because you work for yrcw why you can't get that through your thick skull is beyond me but your probably one of the many morons running your dick off for those jagoffs thinking your gonna get your 15% back and pension reinstated, your dumbass probably thinks with back pay too. And yes I'm on the brown board and at bottom and I only bring $150 less a week but got top notch health care, top notch equipment and full pension contributions a matching 401k, and only 15% I ever hear is the 15% discount on stock. So as stated before keep on truckn BUDDY. And remember Holland don't exist only the name.

So back to the origin of this thread. Where is Parcel hiring permanent feeder drivers? Oh thats right they're not. If its so great there why are you and the other guy on here trying to belittle fellow Teamsters for working a union freight job.

Last I heard Chicago and Indy were hiring a bunch of full time drivers off the street. Louisville usually hires 15-30 off the street a year and is going to open a new ground hub in a year or so with the possibility of several hundred driving jobs eventually. As a former C.F. driver turned Buster Brown and then Union Carhauler, I can tell you that you probably will never make more money than you can at UPS. However you have very little quality of life as you will work nights and or weekends most of your career. If you just want the $$$$$$$, it's the best place in the country to work. If you want a good schedule, don't go there. It is still a great job, but not the best job I have ever had!

So back to the origin of this thread. Where is Parcel hiring permanent feeder drivers? Oh thats right they're not. If its so great there why are you and the other guy on here trying to belittle fellow Teamsters for working a union freight job.

Hahaha!! Now thats funny! You still think Holland/Yrc is a "Union" freight job! LOL! They haven't been union for about 8 years now! C'mon man stop with the jokes already--your killin' me!

Hahaha!! Now thats funny! You still think Holland/Yrc is a "Union" freight job! LOL! They haven't been union for about 8 years now! C'mon man stop with the jokes already--your killin' me!
As you can see mudpuppy he only replied to a portion of your statement. Congratulations hollandman73 and pimp on you guys new adventure at UPS. If they were hiring down south where I live I would have been applied for a feeder job. Unfortunately they're only hiring part time package handlers. Now I know I speak for many who are Holland/YRC drivers on here. BROWN CAFE AWAITS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think 10 years ago, that holland was going to be able to keep competing against companies with lower costs? It doesnt work that way.

What did you think 10 years ago, that holland was going to be able to keep competing against companies with lower costs? It doesnt work that way.

Holland actually competed quite well if not beat the pants off most of the nons back then....and that was paying top wages and a pension. Now not only do the remaining "union" freight companies have to compete against the nons......they have to compete with Yrc/Hollands substandard package. It would have made the other union companies stronger if Yrc/Holland had just gone under....instead of dragging the whole industry down with low wages/no pension. And all for what?? So the banks and top management could suck this company dry and then fold it up when nothings left! Sorry but you gotta be blind not to see it......I think all its gonna take is one downturn in the economy and its lights out. I'm proud to say the Chicago land area voted this garbage down consistently.....they can at least hold their heads up high when its all over.

Holland actually competed quite well if not beat the pants off most of the nons back then....and that was paying top wages and a pension. Now not only do the remaining "union" freight companies have to compete against the nons......they have to compete with Yrc/Hollands substandard package. It would have made the other union companies stronger if Yrc/Holland had just gone under....instead of dragging the whole industry down with low wages/no pension. And all for what?? So the banks and top management could suck this company dry and then fold it up when nothings left! Sorry but you gotta be blind not to see it......I think all its gonna take is one downturn in the economy and its lights out. I'm proud to say the Chicago land area voted this garbage down consistently.....they can at least hold their heads up high when its all over.

Holland competed quite well when there were more than 2 nmfa companies, you mean? And non union companies used to be a little more generous with their benefits, dont you think?so when you starting at dominoes? For what its worth, Schneider has a bilboard up saying you can make 80k running tankers for them. You think if you go there, youre going to make that much?

i dunno wtf some of you old timers want, no ::shit:: it used to be better, unless you have a time machine to help everyone out, what do want to accomplish with all your whining? I was at us foods when YOUR coworkers voted this thru.

Holland competed quite well when there were more than 2 nmfa companies, you mean? And non union companies used to be a little more generous with their benefits, dont you think?so when you starting at dominoes? For what its worth, Schneider has a bilboard up saying you can make 80k running tankers for them. You think if you go there, youre going to make that much?

i dunno wtf some of you old timers want, no :::shit::: it used to be better, unless you have a time machine to help everyone out, what do want to accomplish with all your whining? I was at us foods when YOUR coworkers voted this thru.
He wanted a better quality of life! He got it he left !!

Good for him! 15 years ago, ups was still a better job, what took so long?
Everyone's idea of a "better job" is not always the same. Infact my idea of a "better job" has changed as I have gotten more gray hair and money in my pocket and 401k. A night road job with CF, Holland or UPS 15-20 years ago was my "dream" job! Little did I know it would be a dream job just not a good dream, more like a nightmare that it took me 10 years to wake up and get out of. But there are others who I know that love (tolerate) night work and stay until they retire, but I also don't choose to berate them for staying. If you like what you do for a living, keep right on doing it even if you might make more money elsewhere. If you don't like it quit and do something else, because nobody wants some bitter SOB working at your job, not even your Brother Teamsters. On occasion I was that bitter SOB, but thank God I am not anymore! Nobody is holding a gun to our heads and making us stay at a job we might end up hating at some point even a "better"union road job at UPS or someplace else.

Everyone's idea of a "better job" is not always the same. Infact my idea of a "better job" has changed as I have gotten more gray hair and money in my pocket and 401k. A night road job with CF, Holland or UPS 15-20 years ago was my "dream" job! Little did I know it would be a dream job just not a good dream, more like a nightmare that it took me 10 years to wake up and get out of. But there are others who I know that love (tolerate) night work and stay until they retire, but I also don't choose to berate them for staying. If you like what you do for a living, keep right on doing it even if you might make more money elsewhere. If you don't like it quit and do something else, because nobody wants some bitter SOB working at your job, not even your Brother Teamsters. On occasion I was that bitter SOB, but thank God I am not anymore! Nobody is holding a gun to our heads and making us stay at a job we might end up hating at some point even a "better"union road job at UPS or someplace else.
That is a very interesting and valuable perspective.