TForce | UPSF P&D Driver had a new device

Toxic

TB Veteran
Credits
Yesterday I seen a UPSF city man, and he was carrying a brown hand held computer devise that looked a lot like the kind that UPS guy's have. Do you like it?

Yesterday I seen a UPSF city man, and he was carrying a brown hand held computer devise that looked a lot like the kind that UPS guy's have. Do you like it?

We are all using them most of the drivers like them. They send all the pick ups to the DIAD also so the driver has it all right there without all those phone calls to and from dispatch.

Jumping chemicals TOXIC where have you been?
I started the Diad thread when my terminal started traning on them.
I think its been about three weeks ago?

I call it the little brown plastic (NARCO) box.
It tells my terminals computer where I am,every minute of every day.

When I'm really having a good day of making my deliveries on my route,like everything is coming off really fast,with no difficulties.
You all know one of those rare days.
Well than I'm wrapping up my deliveries thinking of taking my lunch.
Than I hear (BONG,BONG) this is the sound you hear when my terminal sees I'm ready to start making pickups.
And this is when I shout at my Diad,hey wait how about my lunch?

But my Diad doesn't care,I push ok,and than go make my pickups.
Than finally push delay lunch.
Than on duty return to terminal.
Oh yeah these UPS Diads are really fun?

Yeah right if you believe that I have some swamp land for sale.

Its ok...... I should have read in the UPSF forum about this topic. I seen the thread about the DIAD but I did not go and read it. I though it was about some new title for a boss man at UPSF so I stayed away...:hide::hysterical::smilie_132:

Wheres everyone,on a cold winter weekend day like today?
Why isn't everyone on this message board posting about our work week?

Unless you've got young kids wanting you to take them here,or there you should be on here with all of your company complaints.

Well seeing no-one is posting this morning,I'm going to go get my monthly hair cut.
See you all later whoever I'm posting too?

I don't get where your coming from with your number 6 post on this thread steve5?

What mistakes?

I see a thread in here about a DIAD. I did not know that was what it was called or I would have not started this thread.

Jumping chemicals TOXIC where have you been?
I started the Diad thread when my terminal started traning on them.
I think its been about three weeks ago?

That's what I was talking about, Ap.

One thing I cannot stand is , when you call dispatch to let them know, the stop they gave you on the diad is closed, and they turn around and delete it while you are in the pickup screen, it freezes the DIAD, I have told my TM and my Dispatcher, to stop doing this and the both neglect too stop doing it.

What are they hiding? If we do not finish the stop the damn thing get's confused and crashes.

Then when you try to warm reboot it wont. So you have to cold reboot, and you end up restarting your run over in the diad with what you have not completed yet. Sorta cuts your credible run in half, sometimes ends it all together.
:nutkick: :nutkick:

What about not telling them until you day is over? I bet they are deleting it from the pick up system and putting it over on another system for a pick up tomorrow.
One thing I cannot stand is , when you call dispatch to let them know, the stop they gave you on the diad is closed, and they turn around and delete it while you are in the pickup screen, it freezes the DIAD, I have told my TM and my Dispatcher, to stop doing this and the both neglect too stop doing it.

What are they hiding? If we do not finish the stop the damn thing get's confused and crashes.

Then when you try to warm reboot it wont. So you have to cold reboot, and you end up restarting your run over in the diad with what you have not completed yet. Sorta cuts your credible run in half, sometimes ends it all together.
:nutkick: :nutkick:

What about not telling them until you day is over? I bet they are deleting it from the pick up system and putting it over on another system for a pick up tomorrow.

They probably are, I wont doubt it for a second, but it is esier to give them a call in the act and you are rite it's all in the timing of coarse, but on the same note why kill our credible route. Its aggrevating.

Roadway has a different computer system than you have. But we have the same issues with using them. After several years of stuff like you are talking about I still do it the way it is best for me. I have told them several things that need to be addresses but it never happens. The know it all.......

The new technology has made it where any one can be a city dispatcher now. As long as you can put a pick up on a driver and use the keyboard. The mind process has been taken out. Over the course of about 4 hours they have given me enough skids to fill up two 53 foot trailers on my computer. And they don't even realize it until I tell them. And then all of a sudden it is my fault. Any clown can be my city dispatcher. They do not look at work load whatsoever any more. You can leave out with 22 deliveries and by noon you have 12 pick ups on you. It ain't gonna happen. And they try to tell me I am the typical sorry union worker.

They probably are, I wont doubt it for a second, but it is esier to give them a call in the act and you are rite it's all in the timing of coarse, but on the same note why kill our credible route. Its aggrevating.

Roadway has a different computer system than you have. But we have the same issues with using them. After several years of stuff like you are talking about I still do it the way it is best for me. I have told them several things that need to be addresses but it never happens. The know it all.......

The new technology has made it where any one can be a city dispatcher now. As long as you can put a pick up on a driver and use the keyboard. The mind process has been taken out. Over the course of about 4 hours they have given me enough skids to fill up two 53 foot trailers on my computer. And they don't even realize it until I tell them. And then all of a sudden it is my fault. Any clown can be my city dispatcher. They do not look at work load whatsoever any more. You can leave out with 22 deliveries and by noon you have 12 pick ups on you. It ain't gonna happen. And they try to tell me I am the typical sorry union worker.

Well that my friend is the reason you and I will be in the same union.