TForce | UPSF P&D Driver had a new device

I didn't know UPS rules over ride DOT requirements. Tell him to go sht in a hat!!! Also you should never do anything off of the clock for insurance reasons. You are not covered!!

Liability comes too mind...... And when it happens , if anything happens, and push comes to shove mgnt. will pass the buck and tell you too.:butt kiss:

Well, If I can add my two cents anybody doing anything pertaining to work before punching in shame on them.
I'm sure if anything did happen, they'd cover there a$$. All your fault. You should have known better!! But you are right skeeter, shame on them. :1036316054:

What about road drivers?....We don't clock in, and we do our hooks and pre-trip before we swipe our departure and punch the pay sheet.

You may not have a start time but do you get moving when you get your hooks, this is when your start time is, is it not? And if it is'nt ,then you should do it after you clock in for your trip, it is part of your trip legally.... And regaurdless as to what the company say's, your start time is your log time ,this is what you turn in after your trip and it is a legal document.

No, You swip your card before you start working. [hooking your set] You're covered.
Then you go back in and punch your trip card. That is the way I do it anyway.

Here we go again ,policy that lingers, It's like the plauge, sometimes it's here, sometimes it isnt.

It's like," sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont". Yeah that's it.

Well at least I think so.:hide:

No, You swip your card before you start working. [hooking your set] You're covered.
Then you go back in and punch your trip card. That is the way I do it anyway.

You must swipe on duty, Then go do your hooks, Then you swipe off duty and reswipe to have a safe trip and then punch.:smilie_132:

Here we go again ,policy that lingers, It's like the plauge, sometimes it's here, sometimes it isnt.

It's like," sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont". Yeah that's it.

Well at least I think so.:hide:

I really can't comment on your post because I have no idea what you are trying to say.

However, I slide the card before I go out to hook my set. That shows I'm there and on duty.

I then go out and hook my set and come back in with the dolly number and he dispatches me.

Then at that point I punch the trip card that shows the time I leave. That way I am covered and I have NEVER had a problem.

I hope this clears what ever misconceptions you have about my previous post.

Why do we have adds in our posts now? Is that going to be for everyone now?

Is that a way for truckingboards to make a little money. If that is the case that's cool.

And now its back skeeter.
This is Jeffs board I guess he's free to do what he wants to make it worth while for him to take so much of his life to keep this message board up,and running for all of us whinners.
I mean all of us interesting trucking folks.

I really can't comment on your post because I have no idea what you are trying to say.

However, I slide the card before I go out to hook my set. That shows I'm there and on duty.

I then go out and hook my set and come back in with the dolly number and he dispatches me.

Then at that point I punch the trip card that shows the time I leave. That way I am covered and I have NEVER had a problem.

I hope this clears what ever misconceptions you have about my previous post.

What I meant was , Policy changes per terminal, per terminal manager, it's all different from terminal too terminal.LOL

You know Accelerator between you,and me,and everyone else that happens along to read my posts.
I really hate this new Diad.
Its one great big pain to have to deliver on our old paper DR's,and punch the milage in this board.
And also doing our do it yourself pe-coning of all our pickups.

Plus if you mess up something on your route,its almost impossible to get this Diad to coroporate with you when you try to fix it,or make it right.
Where before this NARCO BOX, we could just go ahead,and do what we had to do to make things work out for us.

I did finally figure out what my TM says UPS wants us to do regarding the 15 minutes.
We return to the terminal,back into our route docks,than if we've got to fuel punch in a delay for fueling.
Than we hand in our dr's,and pickups.
Put arrived and the ending odometer reading.
While the board is shutting down we put our dock plate on our trailer,and stow our equipment away.
Because if we arrive ourself after backing in our docks,and do everything when our Diad is shutting down it will look like we are stealling time,by the time we clock out.
And we will be fired,unless we can win an appeal,which would be a major hassel.

You know Accelerator between you,and me,and everyone else that happens along to read my posts.
I really hate this new Diad.
Its one great big pain to have to deliver on our old paper DR's,and punch the milage in this board.
And also doing our do it yourself pe-coning of all our pickups.

Plus if you mess up something on your route,its almost impossible to get this Diad to coroporate with you when you try to fix it,or make it right.
Where before this NARCO BOX, we could just go ahead,and do what we had to do to make things work out for us.

I did finally figure out what my TM says UPS wants us to do regarding the 15 minutes.
We return to the terminal,back into our route docks,than if we've got to fuel punch in a delay for fueling.
Than we hand in our dr's,and pickups.
Put arrived and the ending odometer reading.
While the board is shutting down we put our dock plate on our trailer,and stow our equipment away.
Because if we arrive ourself after backing in our docks,and do everything when our Diad is shutting down it will look like we are stealling time,by the time we clock out.
And we will be fired,unless we can win an appeal,which would be a major hassel.

Well again APO this A$$ is at it again.
When you finish your route is when you back into your route door.

This is the way the company manual reads.
All your paperwork will be done on the road. You pull into the yard , back into your door, bring in your paperwork, ( and the closed out DIAD) then you fuel the truck and then punch out.

Is your TM now telling us that fueling your truck is now part of our trip, it is'nt.

You have 15 minutes too drop your trailer and fuel, then punch out,by policy, it's in the office handbook, ( bigger then our handbook, if you want too call it that) Does your terminal mgr. know how too read???

And I do know from experience when people are stealing time, all he has to do is compare the close out time of the DIAD, on the mainframe and compare it too the time you punch out.

Tell him too hang out and pay attention to what is going on. Too use your eyes could bring you to the light.

Stop relying on something that can be taken advantage of.

This TM is taking advantage of you people is what I am gathering.

What I meant was , Policy changes per terminal, per terminal manager, it's all different from terminal too terminal.LOL

I have heard others say the same thing. I find that kind of hard to believe. I'm not saying I don't believe you or that you are stretching it a bit. But the old Overnite has always been pretty uniform.

I've worked out of OKC, Kansas City, Oakland, and now Sacramento and I just don't see the same thing you guys are seeing.

We follow company policy. You know yourself some times you have to bent a little not to break. But as long as the TM tries to be fair that's all I ask. Nothing I mean nothing can run totally smooth 24-7.

I have heard others say the same thing. I find that kind of hard to believe. I'm not saying I don't believe you or that you are stretching it a bit. But the old Overnite has always been pretty uniform.

I've worked out of OKC, Kansas City, Oakland, and now Sacramento and I just don't see the same thing you guys are seeing.

We follow company policy. You know yourself some times you have to bent a little not to break. But as long as the TM tries to be fair that's all I ask. Nothing I mean nothing can run totally smooth 24-7.

I will not disagree with you , as far as a fair TM , but in my term. alone ,9Yrs. 6 terminal mgr's later, all have been with the company a long time, and they all have different interpretations of the rulebook...

Especially seniority. When the senior guy's ( city guy's ) are being taken off of the dock in the AM prior to thier runs, and is being replaced with junior driver's instead. with no rhyme or reason, this is going a bit to far.... And it is not a matter of too much OT.

Hey Accelerator I just realized these Diads we have must be southern.
I don't see any delay on them for getting stuck in the snow?

I think the only thing we can do for that is put that we are in the shop?

If they were northern Diads I'm sure they would have provided a delay for snow related stuff.

Hey Accelerator I just realized these Diads we have must be southern.
I don't see any delay on them for getting stuck in the snow?

I think the only thing we can do for that is put that we are in the shop?

If they were northern Diads I'm sure they would have provided a delay for snow related stuff.

Use the delay line "stopping for gritts" Then they will know.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's GRITS Accelerator
I know you Northern fellows aren't really familiar with the proper spelling of one of our "Southern" deliciouses.