TForce | UPSF P&D Driver had a new device

I had a strange thing happen with my Diad this last
friday afternoon.

My second pickup stop I had to put 4 bills into the system.
I scand the first pro sticker,the pro poped on ok,and some of the consignee info.
When I recorded my 4x4 info and pieces the wrong weight was pre-recorded,so I over-rode it,and entered the correct weight.

All of a sudden the pro number went away in the pro box.
So I think the next thing I did caused my little brown plastic box to go into a wacky mood?

I re-scand the pro sticker again,than a pop-up box came up that said you have duplicate pro's can you verify?
I checked off that box.

Than tryed to re-enter the pro number manualy when my box started jumping to other screens.
I had to call dispatch to read off the rest of my billing info with the old call in pe-con method.

My outbound dispatcher tryed to talk me through getting my box back on line,but nothing worked.
He gave me another pickup on the box,but I still couldn't get it back where I needed it?

When I came in my dispatcher messed with it till I got return to terminal putting my ending odometer reading to get it to shut down.
I asked my dispatcher why some of the consignee info was pre-recorded?
He says the shippers gives them that info when they call in their pickups,and its entered into our terminals data on the computer.

I said yeah but the weight was wrong should I let it go?
He says sometimes the shipper gives wrong info,and we are to change it,according to the bills of laden we make the pickups on.

The regular parcel drivers just scan shipping lables and everything is automaticly recorded.
I hope thats the next step for us,and its going to be soon.

Now I think if this ever happens again I should manually put the pro number in if It goes away,instead of re-scanning it.

Just when I,and my co-workers think we've got this thing figured out it has a way of throwing us curve ball,and messing everything up.

I guess its just like anything else practise makes perfect.

friday afternoon.

I scand the first pro sticker,the pro poped on ok,and some of the consignee info.
When I recorded my 4x4 info and pieces the wrong weight was pre-recorded,so I over-rode it,and entered the correct weight.

So I think the next thing I did caused my little brown plastic box to go into a wacky mood?

I re-scand the pro sticker again,than a pop-up box came up that said you have duplicate pro's can you verify?
I checked off that box.

Than tryed to re-enter the pro number manualy when my box started jumping to other screens.
I had to call dispatch to read off the rest of my billing info with the old call in pe-con method.

My outbound dispatcher tryed to talk me through getting my box back on line,but nothing worked.
He gave me another pickup on the box,but I still couldn't get it back where I needed it?

When I came in my dispatcher messed with it till I got return to terminal putting my ending odometer reading to get it to shut down.
He says the shippers gives them that info when they call in their pickups,and its entered into our terminals data on the computer.

He says sometimes the shipper gives wrong info,and we are to change it,according to the bills of laden we make the pickups on.

The regular parcel drivers just scan shipping lables and everything is automaticly recorded.

Now I think if this ever happens again I should manually put the pro number in if It goes away,instead of re-scanning it.

Just when I,and my co-workers think we've got this thing figured out it has a way of throwing us curve ball,and messing everything up.

My god man, If you were to keep a daily journal of your thoughts...you would need a second, or even a third job just to pay for the paper.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Just teasin ya Apo:smilie_132:

My god man, If you were to keep a daily journal of your thoughts...you would need a second, or even a third job just to pay for the paper.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Just teasin ya Apo:smilie_132:

That is why we use the computers....It just goes into a space you can't see and is never ending.......If Apo was using paper we would have to pay higher taxes on paper.....

Yeah just think of all the trees I'm saving?
But how can I tell the whole story if I don't write,out a chaper,or two?

friday afternoon.

I checked off that box.

Next time my man ,( and between you and I , some seem sensitive about this but it's a way of life for us now.) Reboot the machine by pressing A,K,X. all at the same time . this is called a cold reboot.

It will wipe out what you have completed but will redownload what you have not done already.... The balance of your day should be in the base computer.

Pass it by your TM first though... do not want to get you in trouble.

Yes Accelerator I brought this A,K,X ,method up to my dispatcher,and he said don't do it.
The data that I had recorded may not be logged into the terminal computer and my days activities will be lost.

Monday I had the same thing happen with my board.
My dispatcher said I'm the only one having this problem.

Holy Cow what a mess up I am?

Well anyway I just cancled out of the pickup I made,and called in to the terminal to pe-con the pickup.

I took my lunch,by than everything was in our terminals computer,and I cancled everything to go to return to terminal.
My dispatcher says from now on if I have any info delete from the boxes I'm trying to record info on.
I'm to call in,and they will take care of whatever is going on,so I won't mess up anymore.

What have we had these boxes three weeks now,and I hate them already.
The old saying is true that its hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

Well I gotta get going to work,I hope I don't mess up today.
Hey Skeeter TIME WILL TELL?

Yes Accelerator I brought this A,K,X ,method up to my dispatcher,and he said don't do it.
The data that I had recorded may not be logged into the terminal computer and my days activities will be lost.

Monday I had the same thing happen with my board.
My dispatcher said I'm the only one having this problem.

Holy Cow what a mess up I am?

Well anyway I just cancled out of the pickup I made,and called in to the terminal to pe-con the pickup.

I took my lunch,by than everything was in our terminals computer,and I cancled everything to go to return to terminal.
My dispatcher says from now on if I have any info delete from the boxes I'm trying to record info on.
I'm to call in,and they will take care of whatever is going on,so I won't mess up anymore.

What have we had these boxes three weeks now,and I hate them already.
The old saying is true that its hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

Well I gotta get going to work,I hope I don't mess up today.
Hey Skeeter TIME WILL TELL?

Okay this is telling me that your board is having a hard time communicating to the mainframe which happens here as well, If you see at the bottom of the board "searching for connection" This means you either have a bad board ,or It is not communicating with the mainframe, when it is looking for a connection it sometimes freezes or becomes non responsive.Some upogrades have been done to our's to cure some of those problems, soon you will have the same upgrades, be patient.

Just do what your dispatcher tell's you to do I would not want to get you in the shat.:funky: :funky:

Yeah I leave mine in my tractor,pull the key,and lock the doors at every delivery now.
Monday I had some boxes delet themselves when I was putting a pickup info in.
I just kept re-recording the lost info,and everything worked out for me ok this time.

I took today off because of the snow storm,we are having .
I hear its going to end at 5PM this evening.
We will be getting slamed with freight when this storm is over,and all of our turns are running again.

I don't know how long you've had your Diads Accelerator?
We were just informed we had better put any delays in if we have to wait for a dock,or fuel.
We also have to show a lunch on the board sometime before return to terminal.

We are given 15 minutes to clock in on the Diad put our pallet jack,and hand cart on our route trailers,do our hook ups,pre-trip,and put enroute to the first stop.

This doesn't seem like enough time for everything,and also we have to do everything safely.

But now the bottom line is if we don't account for all of our time while we are clocked in.
It will look like we are stealling time,and that gets us fired.

Technology what a wounderful thing for our industry.
Yeah right,I liked the old laid back Overnite.
They let you do your job,and really didn't care how you did it as long as you got everything done.
But thats life,things change,if you can't change with it,get out of the way!

Apo, are you saying that you are not given time to do a proper pretrip or post trip? I spend approx. 15 minutes on the pretrip alone. As a safety trainer it is your duty to inform your narrow minded boss this is not according to DOT specs. Personally if I was there I'd tell him where he could put the DIAD!!! If you are in fear of being marked, then have everyone agree to do a proper pretrip and post trip. That'll make him think twice. Call Phil W..... or Logan ........ in safety. Remember this is your life and the lives of others that you are bending the rules for.

Yeah I leave mine in my tractor,pull the key,and lock the doors at every delivery now.
Monday I had some boxes delet themselves when I was putting a pickup info in.
I just kept re-recording the lost info,and everything worked out for me ok this time.

I took today off because of the snow storm,we are having .
I hear its going to end at 5PM this evening.
We will be getting slamed with freight when this storm is over,and all of our turns are running again.

I don't know how long you've had your Diads Accelerator?
We were just informed we had better put any delays in if we have to wait for a dock,or fuel.
We also have to show a lunch on the board sometime before return to terminal.

We are given 15 minutes to clock in on the Diad put our pallet jack,and hand cart on our route trailers,do our hook ups,pre-trip,and put enroute to the first stop.

This doesn't seem like enough time for everything,and also we have to do everything safely.

But now the bottom line is if we don't account for all of our time while we are clocked in.
It will look like we are stealling time,and that gets us fired.

Technology what a wounderful thing for our industry.
Yeah right,I liked the old laid back Overnite.
They let you do your job,and really didn't care how you did it as long as you got everything done.
But thats life,things change,if you can't change with it,get out of the way!

APO , you of all people should know better.:chairshot:

My TM says this is coming from UPS not anything anyone in our managment can do about it.
Believe me this is something I questioned right off when I heard of our new time limit.

All of us city drivers start our tractors to warm up before we clock in every morning.

We get our DR's,our company cell phone,and Diad's after we hit the clock.
We have to line up our bills according to how the dock crew loaded our routes.
Than we put our hand carts,and pallet jacks on our trailers,close down our trailer doors than the dock door.
Walk to our tractors,and hook up.
Pull out of our docks,and pre-trip,than we put our employee ID numbers on our Diad,and wait to record our odometer reading.
Than we click to enroute to the first stop.

I can't believe we have to do all of these activities inside of just 15 minutes after we hit the clock,or we will be acused of stealling time?

And besides all that,its safety first.
If we can't do something safe,we shouldn't do it at all.

There is something definitely wrong with this picture,my friends.

My TM says this is coming from UPS not anything anyone in our managment can do about it.
Believe me this is something I questioned right off when I heard of our new time limit.

All of us city drivers start our tractors to warm up before we clock in every morning.

Than we put our hand carts,and pallet jacks on our trailers,close down our trailer doors than the dock door.
Pull out of our docks,and pre-trip,than we put our employee ID numbers on our Diad,and wait to record our odometer reading.

I can't believe we have to do all of these activities inside of just 15 minutes after we hit the clock,or we will be acused of stealling time?

Apo, If you really want to be SAFE, You should NOT do anything untill you punch the clock. Do you realize that if you slip and fall off the truck while starting it and you are not on the clock, You will be on your own as far as Insurance is concerned, and the injury could put you out of work for days, months, Ect. Workers comp. would not come into play.

OK thanks for your correction on this off the clock activity.
I will take this into concideration.
Although we have to get our air pressure up,and have warmed motors before we hook up.
Seeing UPS is only going to allow us such a short time for everything before we leave the terminal for our first stop.

I can't see anyway that we can fit everything in that short of a time frame?

Also I'm an old dude,but I'm not ready to get the axe,for stealling time.
And me being an Apostolic Pentecostal Born Again Christian,stealling isn't even in my vocabulary.
When I'm ready to hang up my steering wheel I want to leave when I retire.
I don't want to get kicked out for time cheating.

Your TM is pushing you APO. By law a 15 minute insp. is required , after all this is what you have to log, ask your TM what planet he is comming from.

And then ask him for a copy that states a 1 minute insp. is required from UPS. He is full of shat. Better yet when you see logon ask him what the permittable time is for a vehicle saftey INSP. I am sure you will hear different.

I didn't know UPS rules over ride DOT requirements. Tell him to go sht in a hat!!! Also you should never do anything off of the clock for insurance reasons. You are not covered!!

I didn't know UPS rules over ride DOT requirements. Tell him to go sht in a hat!!! Also you should never do anything off of the clock for insurance reasons. You are not covered!!

Well, If I can add my two cents anybody doing anything pertaining to work before punching in shame on them.