XPO | Wages in your area.

All that means is that a lot of people will be trading spots. Let's not forget that almost every person that wants to come out to linehaul there is somebody looking to fill there spot. I will gladly switch linehaul for a 5am start time. Hooh Rah

It might effect you when a driver above you that’s been bidding the city for years but has been kicking around the idea of bidding the road gets that push of no OT till 50 and bumps you down a spot.
That happens every year driver, regardless of the ot policy. Hence I’m number seven out of nine linehaul drivers after 14 years! Someone always wants/needs more money and bids linehaul, bumping me down a spot! Sucks to be me.

All that means is that a lot of people will be trading spots. Let's not forget that almost every person that wants to come out to linehaul there is somebody looking to fill there spot. I will gladly switch linehaul for a 5am start time. Hooh Rah
In the past, my city start time would be 10:00. I agree, if I could get an earlier start time, I might go to days. Nights are killing me, literally. Money isn’t everything.

In the past, my city start time would be 10:00. I agree, if I could get an earlier start time, I might go to days. Nights are killing me, literally. Money isn’t everything.
But , that's the problem with XPO's (Con-way) system. Over the last 14 - 15 years it has been one step forward , 2 or 3 step backwards for drivers. City start times ( at least the areas I know of ) have become later and later. Also there are fewer opportunities for someone that doesn't kiss ass. I'm just saying...

But , that's the problem with XPO's (Con-way) system. Over the last 14 - 15 years it has been one step forward , 2 or 3 step backwards for drivers. City start times ( at least the areas I know of ) have become later and later. Also there are fewer opportunities for someone that doesn't kiss ass. I'm just saying...
We have not had any real gains here and throughout
The industry for too long. Hence the driver shortage
And driver dissatisfaction is high. Hamburgers and hotdogs will only go so far.

Take a look at the Otr section of the trucking industry. Companies have bent of backwards trying to attract drivers. The offered everything from allowing pets , your spouse and many other little things but the compensation has stayed suppressed.

Still no news on the rumors. But heard today more are quitting. Three line haul guys going to Fedex. Not out of my barn. But guys I ran with on the road.

How do you get more freight. Get the drivers. You’ll get the freight.

Still no news on the rumors. But heard today more are quitting. Three line haul guys going to Fedex. Not out of my barn. But guys I ran with on the road.

How do you get more freight. Get the drivers. You’ll get the freight.

Another thought that came today talking with the guys. They tell us as soon as a business stops growing it starts dying. How do you grow business if you are losing drivers ? And at the rate we are losing drivers it’s effecting what business we do have.

So then, how are we showing such incredible profitability ? How magical is this calculator Jacobs uses ? And can I borrow it to do my taxes ?

Seriously, there is a lot of stuff that just ain’t adding up.

Another thought that came today talking with the guys. They tell us as soon as a business stops growing it starts dying. How do you grow business if you are losing drivers ? And at the rate we are losing drivers it’s effecting what business we do have.

So then, how are we showing such incredible profitability ? How magical is this calculator Jacobs uses ? And can I borrow it to do my taxes ?

Seriously, there is a lot of stuff that just ain’t adding up.
Does he want to grow in all locations or just certain markets? Some markets may not be very lucrative because the competition is giving out 90% discounts or some other business reason. One thing about Jacobs; he only invests where he can turn a profit. It may be more profitable to keep your facility at its present market share or maybe even drop some less profitable freight

In the last couple years, wasn’t there at least one year where only the top scale drivers received the raise ? I seem to think the lower tier pay rates didn’t get anything.
There is a small greedy voice in my head whispering that only those drivers who have proven themselves through years of toil and sweat, only those drivers with say over 16 years of continuous service should be given a HUGE raise. Having just looked at my employee ID I noticed that I would fall into that pay group. As for the rest of the employees (doing my best Marie Antoinette in falsetto) I say "Let

It will be interesting to see who gets what and how much, if anything.

Does he want to grow in all locations or just certain markets? Some markets may not be very lucrative because the competition is giving out 90% discounts or some other business reason. One thing about Jacobs; he only invests where he can turn a profit. It may be more profitable to keep your facility at its present market share or maybe even drop some less profitable freight

Good point. Apparently my entire region is not profitable enough for him. Or maybe it’s worth that much to our competition.

A wise man once said that if you crap in one hand and wish for something in the other watch to see which one fills up faster. Maybe he was a wise ass either way he was wise

Take a look at the Otr section of the trucking industry. Companies have bent of backwards trying to attract drivers. The offered everything from allowing pets , your spouse and many other little things but the compensation has stayed suppressed.

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/driver-pay-bonuses-rise-carriers-seek-scarce-truckers

"The ATA study found that truckload drivers in 2017 working a national, irregular route received pay of $53,000, a rise of $7,000, or 15%, from ATA’s last survey which covered annual pay for 2013."

That's triple the rate of inflation for the same period, which is the benchmark you like to use. Seems reasonable.

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/driver-pay-bonuses-rise-carriers-seek-scarce-truckers

"The ATA study found that truckload drivers in 2017 working a national, irregular route received pay of $53,000, a rise of $7,000, or 15%, from ATA’s last survey which covered annual pay for 2013."

That's triple the rate of inflation for the same period, which is the benchmark you like to use. Seems reasonable.
And how many hours are they at home versus at a truck stop , a customer's lot , riding around looking for a trailer , trying to find a place to park at night , or in the wrong place wishing they can catch a load home.

A lot of people on these boards cut their teeth in OTR so manipulating the facts to shine that turd is a tough one.

OTR is brutal but I am thankful that their are those that do it willingly. The increase in pay you cite still doesn't change the fact of the mistreatment by OTR companies of not paying these drivers correctly. Breakdown pay. Detention pay. Searching for a trailer on their own time. Those are just a few of the BS practices that make OTR a steaming pile for a lot of people.

Finally , places that offer fair top pay and benefits and a decent working environment have little trouble finding drivers.

Okay, it’s still only 53k. Compare it to what we make... for what all they have to do. Do you think that the pay is reasonable ?