Holland | We need a raise

I hear ya, every place is different, this place is a lot better than us foods, I guess there are even guys there who like it. I don't know how you like a job like us foods, but at least I made enough to start a 401 there. I guess a lot depends on who your TM is, and what your co workers are like, if you are a city driver....

It's a hard call to make wether to stay or leave. It's a roll of the dice. It's been a long hard storm and we will either see the light of day and a rainbow at the end or the long storm come to the end of its slow death.

I hear ya, every place is different, this place is a lot better than us foods, I guess there are even guys there who like it. I don't know how you like a job like us foods, but at least I made enough to start a 401 there. I guess a lot depends on who your TM is, and what your co workers are like, if you are a city driver....
Just like every other job and company. The attitude is formed from the top and filters down. If the TM is a {Richard}, it affects the entire shop's attitude.

there is a small foodservice company around buffalo that treats their drivers like gold, compared to Sysco and us foods. they pay their drivers around 4 dollars an hour less, but its still the better job, all because of the good treatment...

I'm to the point in my life where a good atmosphere at work is more important than the money. I feel like I served a prison sentence at my old terminal, and I'll never put myself through that again.

If and when you get to the point that you've been trucking safely long enough to have high credentials and an impressive resume' like most of us do, you don't have to take any company's b.s.
Especially nowadays with the driver shortage. **** me off......I'm gone. The money no longer controls your life if you've play your cards right. So starting at the bottom isn't the end of the world.

I hear ya, I always wanted to drive a tri axle/run my own. its the one part of the local trucking industry that has nice equipment, plus if I worked it right, enjoy winters off, while everyone else is slipping and sliding to work.....

Holland has way more freight than they can handle right , 60 plus hour weeks and shortage of Driver's & Supervisor's & Manager's & trucks & trailers , YES it's TIME to raise our pay, BUT it will NEVER happen with the old yellow pig running this donkey & pig show !!! plus they need the money for BONUS payments !!!!!

I had my choice between this and jack cooper, although the money isn't bad, I kick myself in the ass for not going and hauling cars. I don't like to jump ship a lot though, so im riding it to the end...
Even though I'm a lazy road driver. I considered jack cooper but unfortunately their not hiring in the carolinas.

The big bonus recipients have managed to keep the place afloat somehow. And they've also convinced enough people that it's worth hanging on to, and to not jump ship. I admit that I was wrong, I thought that they'd have padlocked the gates 3-4 years ago. For the sake of my friends that still work at Holland, I'm glad that they haven't shut down, but I'm still glad that I left. That black cloud of bankruptcy hanging over my head was more than I could stand.
Every man knows his limits

Agree 100% , BUT we will never ever be a TRUE UNION company again , right now work rules don't get enforced and work rules change monthly and as the brown noser's on here say ,just be lucky to have a job , and keep voting yes !!!!!!!!!!

then get elected steward and start enforcing them. push back, don't roll over....

nope, but im not complaining about my work rules, either. im getting what I signed up for, nothing more. i guess maybe the buffalo barn is better than the average Holland barn?

1st off, since when do the BA's sit in all day to babysit you guys? you should KNOW the contract, and what work rules are being violated, so you can grieve them. if your steward just sits around bitching, without making sure everyone isn't on the same page as to WHAT the work rules are, and HOW to greive them, you need another steward.

that's how you can lose work rules, by not enforcing them. then you have to greive it as past practice, or maintenance of standards, just so hopefully you can win it back.....

1st off, since when do the BA's sit in all day to babysit you guys? you should KNOW the contract, and what work rules are being violated, so you can grieve them. if your steward just sits around bitching, without making sure everyone isn't on the same page as to WHAT the work rules are, and HOW to greive them, you need another steward.
Ok question here do or should the steward job be up for election every year ??