Holland | We need a raise

Our right to strike disappeared shortly after the airport tower controllers went on strike and the president enacted a law that stops people from striking because of national security and that includes trucks. Hoffa gave union money to help support the financing in the last contract. Weren't you listening??
You are full of ::shit::.

we still have the right to strike, put down the joint, gramps. and how was the last contract "financed"? and please explain the strikes that have happened since 1981 with truck drivers that were won, or lost, NEVER did the federal gov step in

. IDIOTS like you are the biggest problem with the union. wtf does the PATCO strike have to do with the NMFA?
Their is language in last MOU stating no strike clause and the union has a certain percentage in company that's why they can chose a member on yrcw board.

Last edited:
Their is language in last MOU stating no strike clause and the union has a certain percentage in company that's why they can chose a member on yrcw board.
The MOU language is what gave them the board member. The union owns 0% of the company. The MOU gave a certain amount of yrcw shares to the union and it was distributed to the rank and file. A members who were employed at a certain date received a percentage of those shares in a 401k. The union itself owns nothing.

The MOU language is what gave them the board member. The union owns 0% of the company. The MOU gave a certain amount of yrcw shares to the union and it was distributed to the rank and file. A members who were employed at a certain date received a percentage of those shares in a 401k. The union itself owns nothing.
OK I was misquoted on owning the company.

Read the MOU that's the reason why local 89 Louisville used area standard picketing cause we can't strike but it protected members from crossing line.
There are still circumstances where you can strike in the middle of the contract. We were about 2 hours from serving a 72 hour strike notice here a few years back. And it was backed by the IBT freight division. There arent many but we still have some strike rights

Our right to strike disappeared shortly after the airport tower controllers went on strike and the president enacted a law that stops people from striking because of national security and that includes trucks. Hoffa gave union money to help support the financing in the last contract. Weren't you listening??
Patco was a shot over the heads of Unions back then.! It was nothing more than a slap in the face. In the DOT regs, at a time of National Security ( WAR ), our hours of service are null and void. How are you going to strike.? I can see it now on the 6 and 11 news....Teamsters refusing to support our troops. You have to pick your battles and when and where it will happen. It's always been the way it has been done.

There are still circumstances where you can strike in the middle of the contract. We were about 2 hours from serving a 72 hour strike notice here a few years back. And it was backed by the IBT freight division. There arent many but we still have some strike rights
OK I stand corrected. I just remember being to by BA that when LO had their fallout and one of our road guys was headed in there to remember that if they were on strike it was illegal due to no strike clause in last mou. I went and read up on it myself, but guess I have to continue to read a little more and update my knowledge. Thanks

the company tried to pass out that bullshit letter after LO stood up for themselves, talking about a "no strike clause". there is no such thing. they are trying to scare other terminals away from standing their ground on anything.....

the company tried to pass out that :horseshit: letter after LO stood up for themselves, talking about a "no strike clause". there is no such thing. they are trying to scare other terminals away from standing their ground on anything.....

LE is taking it in the shorts right now. Subcontractor haven, which is causing lose of dues because the company won't hire when they can subcontract delivery. Don't be lazy, its your work LE do it!

What about the 1993 NMFA strike, there is nothing in the last MOU that prevents the union from striking, are you enjoying yourself as a idiot or are you just having fun, I bet you are henpecked.

that's bs, they put out that bs lies letter to scare guys who DONT read the contract. SB has a letter posted about watching those guys, they cant use this as a subterfuge to not hire teamsters.....that local needs to call their bluff and send in a 72 hour notice....

What about the 1993 NMFA strike, there is nothing in the last MOU that prevents the union from striking, are you enjoying yourself as a idiot or are you just having fun, I bet you are henpecked.
If you read my previous post it said the last mou that was voted in. Nothing about strikes in 90s read before you add 2 worthless cents. I posted what was told by my BA and what I have read so far in the agreement. Atm corrected me and we move on. I'm never to old to learn something new especially from an senior driver. Now have a good day/night.

that's bs, they put out that bs lies letter to scare guys who DONT read the contract. SB has a letter posted about watching those guys, they cant use this as a subterfuge to not hire teamsters.....that local needs to call their bluff and send in a 72 hour notice....
I wasnt going by the letter the company sent out in regards to LO. I'm going by what was told by my BA.