SAIA | We need a union and we need it now!

The fact is, the Teamsters organization of today are their own worst enemy. They are content to sit on their hands, while still touting yesterday's glories, all the while dying off in LTL.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that has shown no interest in organizing further in LTL. Maybe they're still tuckng their tail between their legs after that Overnite fiasco.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, when the people who worked at Overnite had the ability to vote on the issue without interference and with neutrality from the company they basically voted FOR it unanimously, and are now working under a contract..,. That says a lot.

The Teamsters walked away from Overnite. Remember that? It was after UPS bought them that they went union. They would have never went union without UPS. That says everything I need to know.

If the Teamsters were so bad then why did the drivers vote them in in a landslide when given neutrality? That says it all.

If the Teamsters were so bad then why did the drivers vote them in in a landslide when given neutrality? That says it all.
It says nothing. You know where I stand and I know where you stand. That will never change. Why don't you stay on the FedEx forum and mind your own business? The very thing CT tells me. You have your hands full with Red. He's just like Ex396 ... He speaks the truth and you just can't stand it. FedEx will chew you up and spit you out. Just wait and see. They will never unionize Fedex despite some small victories in the end the Teamsters will walk away ... Just like with Overnite. Wait and see.

Touch a nerve did we? I will post where I please, you've made a habit of posting where you want to. Stick to driving or dispatching, a modern day Nostradamus you aren't.
Don't need to be Nostradamus to see this coming. Don't worry big man I will be here to remind you that you shouldn't have messed with Sasquatch. FedEx will beat the Teamsters into submission. And as usual they will run away with their tails tucked between their legs. There is a reason this industry is predominantly non-union. It shall remain that way for that very reason. The Teamsters offer nothing but broken promises. Ask the members on the YRC and ABF forums.

Sorry but your words don't scare me. There is a lot the Teamsters can offer, just ask the people that were cherry picked and let go by your own company with no regard to seniority. Or the people who have needlessly suffered at the hands of the driver facing camera at your company. Exactly how many UPSF locations have decertified since voting the Teamsters in? That also says a lot indeed. Nonetheless, people have a legal right to vote for unionization, sorry you dislike it so. I will stand by my decision and yes vote no matter the outcome you can rest assured. You can blindly support corporations and their policies all you want as you already have, not everyone feels like they can just pack up and leave and go from job to job as you evidently have. I choose to stand and fight for what I believe in no matter the outcome because I believe job security and being treated justly and fairly is worth fighting for no matter who the employer is, sorry we just happen to be on the opposite side on this one, so be it.

Sorry but your words don't scare me. There is a lot the Teamsters can offer, just ask the people that were cherry picked and let go by your own company with no regard to seniority. Or the people who have needlessly suffered at the hands of the driver facing camera at your company. Exactly how many UPSF locations have decertified since voting the Teamsters in? That also says a lot indeed. Nonetheless, people have a legal right to vote for unionization, sorry you dislike it so. I will stand by my decision and yes vote no matter the outcome you can rest assured. You can blindly support corporations and their policies all you want as you already have, not everyone feels like they can just pack up and leave and go from job to job as you evidently have. I choose to stand and fight for what I believe in no matter the outcome because I believe job security and being treated justly and fairly is worth fighting for no matter who the employer is, sorry we just happen to be on the opposite side on this one, so be it.
What I find pathetic about your mindset is that you have a great compensation package but your just so blind that you can't see it. You just want to sit around and cry about what you don't have instead of being grateful for what you do have.

It says nothing. You know where I stand and I know where you stand. That will never change. Why don't you stay on the FedEx forum and mind your own business? The very thing CT tells me. You have your hands full with Red. He's just like Ex396 ... He speaks the truth and you just can't stand it. FedEx will chew you up and spit you out. Just wait and see. They will never unionize Fedex despite some small victories in the end the Teamsters will walk away ... Just like with Overnite. Wait and see.
Talk about throwing rocks in a glass house, you had more posts over there then the fed ex drivers....

What I find pathetic about your mindset is you so easily want to pass judgement on others. Having lived through how wonderful my benefits package is when I lost my wife at the age of 42 to brain cancer in 2013 and had to finish raising our daughter alone after almost losing everything we owned because of how terrible my insurance was and my own congestive heart failure in 2015 I can assure you, I know more about it than you EVER will. I certainly wasn't sitting around crying about it either. I was working 6 days a week trying to catch up on bills and pay over 700 a month for chemotherapy that wasn't covered at all by my wonderful insurance. I could see all too clearly that things needed to be better, not only for me, but for my co-workers that unfortunately, may live through the same hell i did. As far as monetary compensation quote me where I have said anything negative about that even ONE TIME. Job security costs this company not one dime. If I'm a bad person for wanting better insurance and job security for not only myself but my co-workers too, then so be it, I would do it all over again, I have no regrets for standing with others to make a difference, and at least TRY to get better for all.

Last edited:
What I find pathetic about your mindset is you so easily want to pass judgement on others. Having lived through how wonderful my benefits package is when I lost my wife at the age of 42 to brain cancer in 2013 and had to finish raising our daughter alone after almost losing everything we owned because of how terrible my insurance was and my own congestive heart failure in 2015 I can assure you, I know more about it than you EVER will. I certainly wasn't sitting around crying about it either. I was working 6 days a week trying to catch up on bills and pay over 700 a month for chemotherapy that wasn't covered at all by my wonderful insurance. I could see all too clearly that things needed to be better, not only for me, but for my co-workers that unfortunately, may live through the same hell i did. As far as monetary compensation quote me where I have said anything negative about that even ONE TIME. Job security costs this company not one dime. If I'm a bad person for wanting better insurance and job security for not only myself but my co-workers too, then so be it, I would do it all over again, I have no regrets for standing with others to make a difference, and at least TRY to get better for all.

Excellent post brother. Just remember that you are arguing with a corporate sycophant who is silver spoon fead from his daddies inheritance. And took an ass whooping for meddling in union business.
Enough said.

The fact is, the Teamsters organization of today are their own worst enemy. They are content to sit on their hands, while still touting yesterday's glories, all the while dying off in LTL.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that has shown no interest in organizing further in LTL. Maybe they're still tuckng their tail between their legs after that Overnite fiasco.

The teamsters don't kidnap potential members and force them to sign pledge cards. There has to be serious desire from a serious majority before they pursue the campaign. For obvious reasons. And none of them are what you have posted here.

The teamsters don't kidnap potential members and force them to sign pledge cards. There has to be serious desire from a serious majority before they pursue the campaign. For obvious reasons. And none of them are what you have posted here.

And that mindset is why they will soon be an afterthought in LTL. That may be sooner rather than later should YRC fail.
What's wrong with them taking the initiative to bring in new members such as pounding the pavement and passing out literature etc?

I happen to know a particular Local who wouldn't even participate in last year's Labor Day parade. How pathetic is that?

Why did they press the drivers to vote on a contract with no clause protecting them from purchase transport? The members overwhelmingly voted it down the first time and yet it mysteriously passes the second vote? I smell corruption.

Let's ask over on their forum how they feel about sitting home while Shiny Wheels run. What's worse is they're advertising extensively for owner operators to take even more away and allowing them to pull UPS Freight trailers!

At least Fred won't allow his company trailers to be pulled by some of their junk equipment. I wouldn't want my company's namesake pulled by some of the junk I see pulling UPS Freight trailers.

Why did they press the drivers to vote on a contract with no clause protecting them from purchase transport? The members overwhelmingly voted it down the first time and yet it mysteriously passes the second vote? I smell corruption.

Let's ask over on their forum how they feel about sitting home while Shiny Wheels run. What's worse is they're advertising extensively for owner operators to take even more away and allowing them to pull UPS Freight trailers!

At least Fred won't allow his company trailers to be pulled by some of their junk equipment. I wouldn't want my company's namesake pulled by some of the junk I see pulling UPS Freight trailers.
You do know Freddy ground is all contractors, right ?