FedEx Freight | What do fedex cdl city drivers do exactly?

After awhile, you'll do just enough to get by and stay off of anyone's radar. Shut yer yap and just do what they say. After all, being a new driver, you are making poverty wages. I'm not joking. Do some research. You probably will qualify for Medicaid under Obamacare. Really. I'm not kidding.

I'm just going to throw this out there but maybe BillyLo is hating on road drivers because one was or wasn't with his wife during the day while he was playing super trucker in the city. That is why some road rivers need to take a nap at night, so many wives so little time. They cant help themselves we are such studs.

I can see why a line driver would want my wife and they can have her as long as I can watch! Most line driver's wives I've seen at functions outside of work look like George Costanza!

I can see why a line driver would want my wife and they can have her as long as I can watch! Most line driver's wives I've seen at functions outside of work look like George Costanza!

Gay marriage is still illegal where I'm from Billy. Sodomy is too. So no Billy I won't do your.... ahem.... "wife"

Ok, fine, fixed it.
Our congears have the most lubricated air lines and light cords in the world.

Ours at OD would give you a run for the money... You look at the airlines on a jiff wrong you're covered in grease. Ours also has some sort of magnetism to fabric softener... You walk within 5 feet of a trailer while wearing a clean shirt and the grease flies off and sticks to your shirt.

The way you keep picking on me, I'd almost think you're JEALOUS! Yeeesh, did management bump you to linehaul also for being too slow in the city? Com'on man, let's start the day with a good hand shake and an understanding as to what an employee is actually suppose to do for their employer. Put your uniform on, go to work, don't complain and perhaps even you too could be just like me! :D

Wow I hope I can be you when I grow up from being an overpaid steering wheel holder... Never gonna happen. I'm ruined for city work. This dude has one thing right, city guys work hard. I've done it. But then I wised up and got a linehaul job instead of working my ass off for too little money. I've said it before, it takes everyone to get the job done. Why the hate?

Wow I hope I can be you when I grow up from being an overpaid steering wheel holder... Never gonna happen. I'm ruined for city work. This dude has one thing right, city guys work hard. I've done it. But then I wised up and got a linehaul job instead of working my ass off for too little money. I've said it before, it takes everyone to get the job done. Why the hate?

Save that money while you can! Winter is coming at your new job and it will slow up a bit with all the new FedEx hands that migrated over.

Save that money while you can! Winter is coming at your new job and it will slow up a bit with all the new FedEx hands that migrated over.

Don't you worry about my finances, my family and I have been doing this for a little while now and we know how the game is played...

But seriously, you still didn't answer my question. Why the hate? I would certainly never call a city driver's effort into question. Ever. I've been there, done that, and I know how hard doing city work can be. I'm not sure if you've got some sort of inferiority complex or what, but constantly tooting your own horn just ends up making you look like an ass. I'm not saying this to be condescending, it's just the truth. You probably are a good city driver that cares about his work and the company he works for. That's commendable, to be sure. We share employers and I'm just as happy to work there as it seems you are. But at the end of the day, your goal and mine should be the same: get the job we've signed up for done as efficiently as possible, leaving nothing on the table, and get home to the family in one piece without damaging equipment or hurting anyone in the process. It's not a competition. If you've done your job well, the results speak for themselves.

I don't think its hate as much a newbe gong-ho local guy. I don't know if he even drives for us. If he does, I'm sure he has chrome wheels on his hand truck, and a chain driven wallet.

Don't you worry about my finances, my family and I have been doing this for a little while now and we know how the game is played...

But seriously, you still didn't answer my question. Why the hate? I would certainly never call a city driver's effort into question. Ever. I've been there, done that, and I know how hard doing city work can be. I'm not sure if you've got some sort of inferiority complex or what, but constantly tooting your own horn just ends up making you look like an ass. I'm not saying this to be condescending, it's just the truth. You probably are a good city driver that cares about his work and the company he works for. That's commendable, to be sure. We share employers and I'm just as happy to work there as it seems you are. But at the end of the day, your goal and mine should be the same: get the job we've signed up for done as efficiently as possible, leaving nothing on the table, and get home to the family in one piece without damaging equipment or hurting anyone in the process. It's not a competition. If you've done your job well, the results speak for themselves.

You drive your truck, I'll drive mine! The way drivers snitch on each other, there is no more team or working on equal footing. Keep to yourself, and just do a good job. I've been where you're at, I've even teamed out of MRT but I need something a bit more challenging. BTW: I'm not a good city driver.... I'm a GREAT city driver!

I don't think its hate as much a newbe gong-ho local guy. I don't know if he even drives for us. If he does, I'm sure he has chrome wheels on his hand truck, and a chain driven wallet.

Safety made me take off my chrome lugs! Can you believe that?!?

You drive your truck, I'll drive mine! The way drivers snitch on each other, there is no more team or working on equal footing. Keep to yourself, and just do a good job. I've been where you're at, I've even teamed out of MRT but I need something a bit more challenging. BTW: I'm not a good city driver.... I'm a GREAT city driver!

If you have to tell me how great you are, it leaves me with some doubt. I bet you're just a peach to work with... You have all that "challenge"... It doesn't make you any better than me. It's sad you don't see that.

If you have to tell me how great you are, it leaves me with some doubt. I bet you're just a peach to work with... You have all that "challenge"... It doesn't make you any better than me. It's sad you don't see that.

Give us both a 53 footer to break down at Sysco and I'll show you who's better any time buddy! Admit it, you do an easy job that a Swift driver can do sounds almost like city was a tough life after I saw you bad mouthing the city streets.

Keeping the freight moving............ City Man Can!