TForce | What do we do about the past snitches?

Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

Darkstar you unknowingly just payed Liebs the highest of compliments. He wants to be in management sooooo bad, But he failed the mapp miserably. Thus the sour attitude. He will come around I'm sure of this. I believe he is a driver, I have never heard a manager whine that much.I think sometimes it is like an out of control teenager, Maybe a hug or some midnight basketball might do the trick?Peace Out:BS:

:hysterical: :biglaugh:

ROFLMAO!! One night we were realllly busy billing (City Dispatch office was dead end from our office) and the city dispatchers, 2 or 3 jockeys were sitting around seeing who could pass the foulest gas amongest themselves.

They had the door closed, but we could hear the "action" - all of a sudden, the door to city dispatch flew open and everyone evacuated - it was painfully clear in just a few seconds when we saw what appeared to be a green fog drifting out of that itty bitty office what had happened. Since we had only one way to get out of our office - that was to run straight towards the green fog and hang a quick right, naturally we were gassed and it stuck to us. It was bad enough getting gassed, but we felt we could scrape and scrape and never get the odor off of us. They had to repaint the city dispatch office after that night. Don't you know there is no workers comp for "Green Fog Lung" .......

lieb reminds me of that green fog.

Darkstar :smilie_132:

Just use wood & a match. Gas costs too much.:smilie_132:

Good Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132: Really now, I have been snitched on a few different times in my career, the unfortunate thing is I ( not to brag of coarse) created a compelling argument for my actions with my TM (as I do most of the time), backed by company policy. So in reality there was no argument to be had. Nor a write up.

The unfortunate thing is, as we all work for this co. I am sure we have seen a few, hopefully the union will eat them alive, and for those of you who are comming down on Lieb for this post, we all do a job, sometimes it is hard enough, the last thing anyone needs, is someone running into the office dropping the ball on other employees, when they have a job to do themselves.

Too engage in such actions is childish at best, the TM has a job to do, allow him or her to do it. This is what they get paid for.

In my past years in MGNT. I created an atmosphere at which people worked, allthough from time to time I did have conversation with some ,when it came to such things as "snitching" I felt the employee could not perform in his or her job so therefore they were looking for security by causing an issue with someone else.

This is insecurity, if you cannot perform and have to be under my desk to keep your job, I DO NOT WANT THAT EMPLOYEE WORKING FOR ME.

I can honestly say there are a few in my terminal that do just that ( snitch) just to keep thier job in good standing, and as childish as this post seems to be, it does exist and shame on MGNT for involving themselves. for that is just as childish as the action.

Good Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132: Really now, I have been snitched on a few different times in my career, the unfortunate thing is I ( not to brag of coarse) created a compelling argument for my actions with my TM (as I do most of the time), backed by company policy. So in reality there was no argument to be had. Nor a write up.

The unfortunate thing is, as we all work for this co. I am sure we have seen a few, hopefully the union will eat them alive, and for those of you who are comming down on Lieb for this post, we all do a job, sometimes it is hard enough, the last thing anyone needs, is someone running into the office dropping the ball on other employees, when they have a job to do themselves.

Too engage in such actions is childish at best, the TM has a job to do, allow him or her to do it. This is what they get paid for.

In my past years in MGNT. I created an atmosphere at which people worked, allthough from time to time I did have conversation with some ,when it came to such things as "snitching" I felt the employee could not perform in his or her job so therefore they were looking for security by causing an issue with someone else.

This is insecurity, if you cannot perform and have to be under my desk to keep your job, I DO NOT WANT THAT EMPLOYEE WORKING FOR ME.

I can honestly say there are a few in my terminal that do just that ( snitch) just to keep thier job in good standing, and as childish as this post seems to be, it does exist and shame on MGNT for involving themselves. for that is just as childish as the action.

Thank you, I am no quiet so eloquent.:1036316054:

I've been snitched on for the posts I've put on the truckingboards.
It didn't get the snitcher any gold stars with my TM.
what I do on my own time is my business as long as I'm not defaming my company in anyway.

Once a year,or so ago my TM did tell me he wished I didn't come on here,and post stuff about our terminal.
I told him it was just a form of entertainment,fun,and games.
he said yes your right fun,and games.

At that point I knew someone was rating me out.

But I just go with this simple advice if anybody has a problem with me its not my problem its theirs because I know I don't have any problems with myself.

I've been snitched on for the posts I've put on the truckingboards.
It didn't get the snitcher any gold stars with my TM.
what I do on my own time is my business as long as I'm not defaming my company in anyway.

Once a year,or so ago my TM did tell me he wished I didn't come on here,and post stuff about our terminal.
I told him it was just a form of entertainment,fun,and games.
he said yes your right fun,and games.

At that point I knew someone was rating me out.

But I just go with this simple advice if anybody has a problem with me its not my problem its theirs because I know I don't have any problems with myself.

I remember you saying something about that APO. I feel he was probably trying to avoid a shytestorm by asking you to be lowkey about it.

After all no one terminal runs like the other. And policy changes as often as the fruit of the loom.

Holy Moley!!

Geeeesh - I snooze several days, miss all the good things going on!!

Great post Accelerator! And yes, I am giving liebs a hard time, not to be mean or hateful, but to point out as bad as things get, they always could be worse. Hopefully once the unionization is complete things will get better, but unless he is willing to get past whatever happened, he will never be content with what he has. I hope he does make that move, strives to let "nature" take it's course.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - and if liebs leaves it alone, it will be taken care of, and he won't even have to lift a finger. Karma has a way of chopping the legs right out from under the "evil-doer". Myself - I wade right in and don't wait, much to my sorrow. :Violin: :biglaugh: Life is good.

Darkstar

Geeeesh - I snooze several days, miss all the good things going on!!

Great post Accelerator! And yes, I am giving liebs a hard time, not to be mean or hateful, but to point out as bad as things get, they always could be worse. Hopefully once the unionization is complete things will get better, but unless he is willing to get past whatever happened, he will never be content with what he has. I hope he does make that move, strives to let "nature" take it's course.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - and if liebs leaves it alone, it will be taken care of, and he won't even have to lift a finger. Karma has a way of chopping the legs right out from under the "evil-doer". Myself - I wade right in and don't wait, much to my sorrow. :Violin: :biglaugh: Life is good.

Darkstar

I would have to agree, to have an underlying motivation to your evil or revenge ,is not good justice for those of whom you represent as a steward.

I have walked with a few people who feel the union will be a vehicle in which to seek revenge. Allthough subliminally it is,too a degree, based on fairness for those it ( a contract) supports, I would have to say first and foremost it is a gift of voice, of coarse in theory moreso then practice.

In order to be a responsible steward in most cases one must learn to keep themselves out of the box and look at the entire picture. And relieve them selves from any underlying impurities. That is probably the best way to serve the contract. As far as Lieb is concearned I feel he will do just fine.

And on a lighter side ,I am awaiting a deeply religious excperience.:hysterical:

Something to think about .....

I would have to agree, to have an underlying motivation to your evil or revenge ,is not good justice for those of whom you represent as a steward.

I have walked with a few people who feel the union will be a vehicle in which to seek revenge. Allthough subliminally it is,too a degree, based on fairness for those it ( a contract) supports, I would have to say first and foremost it is a gift of voice, of coarse in theory moreso then practice.

In order to be a responsible steward in most cases one must learn to keep themselves out of the box and look at the entire picture. And relieve them selves from any underlying impurities. That is probably the best way to serve the contract. As far as Lieb is concearned I feel he will do just fine.

And on a lighter side ,I am awaiting a deeply religious excperience.:hysterical:

.... liebs being a steward?? I believe the tendency is too great for him to "look the other way" when one of these "snitches" has a grievance, and more strife being introduced into the work place. Too much has been invested in getting this phoenix up out of the ashes and flying to risk putting someone in a position when a childish reaction will cause more distraction. And, this is not a "uncalled" for reaction because I disagree with liebs a lot - it has a basis.

The smoother the water, the better the boat will sail, moving on towards the intended port faster. The problems with the company did not happen overnight, they will not be cured overnight - it is going to take everyone working together (even those who resent the unionization to the depth of their souls) to get on with the process. The union does not cure all, but it is a damn great improvement over what has been all this time! There will always be rules to follow, some not so great, but that is what is so good about this move - you can always have a legal out now to fight the "system" and not be penalized for it by retaliations.

I worked part-time for McLean Trucking before they tanked. They were union even in the office, but there was one guy who refused to join the union. He received the same wages, same benefits as his co-workers. He was the strongest supporter of the workers, used his off-time to represent the workers in their grievances, worried with even the smallest grievance like a dog with a fresh soup bone. He did not join the union because of his religion - and the office workers were ok with that. I feel liebs would not be so tolerant of such a person, or those who did not whole heartily support the union effort. But then, the workers will have the choice of choosing someone like him, or someone they will feel more comfortable with.

I consider liebs an "oldtimer" because he does not want to make the best of the situation and move on, he would rather seek retribution for everyone's past sins, and that plain out spells more trouble. You can fool a lot of the people a lot of the time, most of the people most of the time, but you cannot fool ALL the people all of the time .... then the "buried" true feelings surface and wreak havoc in the workplace. No one definitely needs or deserves that!

Maybe you and I both can have a deeply religious experience Accelerator (Heaven knows I definitely need one!) - I would be more inclined to believe that scenario than I would believe liebs of being a fair and impartial Steward - and I write that with no malice towards liebs or anyone else - it is what it is.

Darkstar

Actually, they do have to be represented, but hell I'd wouldn't want to go to a hearing if I weren't a dues paying member. We have decieded to use the silent treatment on the future freeloaders. And we will watch them like hawks, any cover ups and the snitch will be snitched.:biglaugh:

That snitch is not allowed to speak to the manager about anything on company time or property without the steward being present, unless he signs away his rights to a union rep. to be present. That is going to be my greatest pleasure.

they want people to like them. I have already shut out one of them already. Anytime I see him speaking to someone, I walk right up and begin to talk to the other guy and ignore the :butt kiss: completely, it is a beautiful thing. SILENCE! CRUSH THEM WITH SILENCE!:nutkick:

My TM has already started to crap. He knows he will not make the whole 3 years. He is anti-union all the way and no CCA will make this lepard change his spots. He will screw up sometime and we will not hesitate to report the violation. Pay back is a B!tch.:nutkick:

this is not looking out for everyone.

Sorry gentalmen, I feel he can do a good job, but he must, I agree , let go some aggrivation that is eating away at the soul, he certainly is not stupid, or he does'nt seem to be. As far as snitches is concearned I feel the same to a degree.

You have got to get a life dude! I know you are just a little bitter about having to swallow the union seamen, but nothing I do or post will have any effect on your terminal. Believe me, I am one of the calm ones at my terminal.

.... liebs being a steward?? I believe the tendency is too great for him to "look the other way" when one of these "snitches" has a grievance, and more strife being introduced into the work place. Too much has been invested in getting this phoenix up out of the ashes and flying to risk putting someone in a position when a childish reaction will cause more distraction. And, this is not a "uncalled" for reaction because I disagree with liebs a lot - it has a basis.

The smoother the water, the better the boat will sail, moving on towards the intended port faster. The problems with the company did not happen overnight, they will not be cured overnight - it is going to take everyone working together (even those who resent the unionization to the depth of their souls) to get on with the process. The union does not cure all, but it is a damn great improvement over what has been all this time! There will always be rules to follow, some not so great, but that is what is so good about this move - you can always have a legal out now to fight the "system" and not be penalized for it by retaliations.

I worked part-time for McLean Trucking before they tanked. They were union even in the office, but there was one guy who refused to join the union. He received the same wages, same benefits as his co-workers. He was the strongest supporter of the workers, used his off-time to represent the workers in their grievances, worried with even the smallest grievance like a dog with a fresh soup bone. He did not join the union because of his religion - and the office workers were ok with that. I feel liebs would not be so tolerant of such a person, or those who did not whole heartily support the union effort. But then, the workers will have the choice of choosing someone like him, or someone they will feel more comfortable with.

I consider liebs an "oldtimer" because he does not want to make the best of the situation and move on, he would rather seek retribution for everyone's past sins, and that plain out spells more trouble. You can fool a lot of the people a lot of the time, most of the people most of the time, but you cannot fool ALL the people all of the time .... then the "buried" true feelings surface and wreak havoc in the workplace. No one definitely needs or deserves that!

Maybe you and I both can have a deeply religious experience Accelerator (Heaven knows I definitely need one!) - I would be more inclined to believe that scenario than I would believe liebs of being a fair and impartial Steward - and I write that with no malice towards liebs or anyone else - it is what it is.

Darkstar

I am very flattered that so many have taken an interest in me. As far as your opinions? I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ! None of you work at my terminal and have had to put up with the sh!t we did and do. We have 88% in favor at my terminal and that says it all about the type of terminal I work at, the guys are salivating at the chance to exert there rights under the contract and I will do everything to see it enforced to the letter. When any of you jerks have your job threatened after a decade of back breaking labor and sweat; and you are not PISSED THE F$CK OFF! Then you might as well tuck your balls between your legs.

I am very flattered that so many have taken an interest in me. As far as your opinions? I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ! None of you work at my terminal and have had to put up with the sh!t we did and do. We have 88% in favor at my terminal and that says it all about the type of terminal I work at, the guys are salivating at the chance to exert there rights under the contract and I will do everything to see it enforced to the letter. When any of you jerks have your job (wife and children) threatened after a decade of back breaking labor and sweat; and you are not PISSED THE F$CK OFF! Then you might as well tuck your balls between your legs.

POSTALL......??????:hide: