XPO | What do you guys think ?

In the next year ...

• The economy will continue to boom and we will see improvements in compensation.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • The economy will continue to boom and we will see cuts in compensation.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The economy will stall and we will see improvements to compensation.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The economy will stall and we will see cuts in compensation.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The economy will be unstable and so will our compensation.

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
As workers we should not be OK with being 'appeased'.
obviously nobody is happy with that,then there's reality,so that's our reality and every worker in the world's reality.if you're talking about the big u,we have what 4 terminals in 4 yrs,not 1 contract,now the recent right to work decision,ain't happening imo

I don’t think anyone cares how they spend their money, it's the taxpayers money that should be accounted for.
The wife and I were discussing this today.
Coincidence.
My opinion is that not all would spend it wisely.
Taxpayer money. Free money.
Cash (money) is the root of all evil in this world.
And if you don't have it and suddenly have 10 grand in your hands.
Well. You can take it from there.

If you're just flat out against any sort of welfare, that's a position I don't agree with but can respect. Once I've decided I think welfare programs can be good, then once the recipient gets that money, it's theirs. Period, no qualifications. Imo.

That's not to say I think welfare programs are flawless.
I don't know where I said I was against welfare, I said the taxpayer money should be accounted for. When I go to the grocery store and the person in front of me has 300 dollars worth of steak and pays for it with a SNAP card it pisses me off.

I may slightly concede that the main stream PRINT media leans left. They are not FAR left. Radio, on the other hand, leans right. You are correct that we all tend to promote stories that confirm what we already believe. As far as favorable versus unfavorable...did you ever stop and think that most of what he does is unfavorable and that's why the stories are unfavorable. Trump has an approval rating in the 30's, and choose whatever poll you will, but none have him higher than 38% approval. That's means 62% of Americans view his actions and his policies as unfavorable. Literally, everything he does favors the wealthy individuals and the corporations, from his tax scam to the dismantling of the EPA. His lies are very well documented and the guilty pleas and indictments are quickly piling up. What is there favorable to report? 4.1% of GDP is good, but then, he lied about it being historic. People in his administration have come and gone like no administration before. His tweets promote hatred and fear; of Muslims, Mexicans, the news media etc. He sounds like a spoiled child. Pee Wee Herman shows more maturity. He has ZERO experience in running a government. It's NOT the same as running a business. And it seems he doesn't run his businesses very well either. Aren't you at all concerned that our allies have become our adversaries and Russia most certainly meddled in the hallmark of our democracy...our elections? Even he admits that now, although he has put a unique spin on it. Now, he says that the Russians will be working to support Democrats!!! C'mon, man! Does that make any sense to you?
A small part lol. I don’t care at all for his tweeting and the knee jerk reactions to those who attack him (media included), but he was like that in his campaign too and still got elected. The other parts of your post I contend are anecdotal and unproven like much of cnn and msnbc’s reporting. Just give the facts and I’ll put my own spin on them. Oh and I like the fact that he’s running government like a business. That’s part of the attraction. Not going to do your job? Your fired!

I don't know where I said I was against welfare, I said the taxpayer money should be accounted for. When I go to the grocery store and the person in front of me has 300 dollars worth of steak and pays for it with a SNAP card it pisses me off.
My teenage kids (two of them) work at a grocery store and see this all day long. Someone buys a bottle of soda and gets $200 cash with a snap card. I can’t afford $300 for steaks, why should I help buy it for them. Don’t get me started.

They are not getting cash back from SNAP program, that can not be cashed out period. They are getting money from their TAFDC balance with is separate account. SNAP can ONLY be used to buy food. Do you really want to get into telling people what kind of meat they can buy due to their economic position?
I do volunteer work with underprivileged individuals from time to time ,so I get to see this first hand.

SNAP and TFDC can be on one card but have 2 different balances . One solely for food ( no cash out) and the other actual welfare benefits in place of a check. That may lead to the confusion. They are not getting cash in place of food.

Just be thankful you don't need to be on it. Also that it's there if god forbid you or you family need it. It's part of being a civilized culture and a country that takes care of our less fortunate.

Last edited:
obviously nobody is happy with that,then there's reality,so that's our reality and every worker in the world's reality.if you're talking about the big u,we have what 4 terminals in 4 yrs,not 1 contract,now the recent right to work decision,ain't happening imo
There is 5 terminals involved in negotiations.
Only one has been at it for close to 3 yrs . Another for less than 2 And one for less than a year.

The other 2 just got there vote certified due to the companies appeals.

Janus decision only applies with public sector unions.

I will be happy to answer your questions through private conversations here if you like. It's better to have the facts and be informed even if you don't support it. Especially if your going to post stuff here.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
a family member has worked in grocery for 25 years she said foodstamp people come in and get their stuff then whip out a wad of cash and buy lobster,steak,etc.,working the system

Also that it's there if god forbid you or you family need it. It's part of being a civilized culture and a country that takes care of our less fortunate.
Less fortunate yes but Section 8 has become a life style. Let's see discount housing, house phone, cable, internet, and even the Obozo cellphone. all you have to do is not make more then $XX,XXX then all the free ::shit:: will flow in. The the Govt steps in and moves them into my middle class neighborhood which lowers my property value. Yea one hell of a system

I will have to say this thread has gone off the rails. I have been read all the post and have to say all media has a bias agenda. Some new outlets tell more facts then others, and other just lie and spin the truth or just leave out all the facts. The police shooting in Pittsburgh Pa is a prime example. The video of the kids shooting from the car has only been shown twice on the news and never again, but yet all the other video is and why is that. Now a guy accidentally hits a kid in Chicago stops get out and renders aid and is killed by a mob. Lets see driver is white, kid was black, and the mob was black. The national news gave it about a 10sec clip and we never heard about it again. Now if the races were reversed this story would be talked about every 15mins on CNN, MSNBC, and I sure Obozo would have made a statement too.
These are just some of how the media is spinning the truth and not tell both side of every story.

I will have to say this thread has gone off the rails. I have been read all the post and have to say all media has a bias agenda. Some new outlets tell more facts then others, and other just lie and spin the truth or just leave out all the facts. The police shooting in Pittsburgh Pa is a prime example. The video of the kids shooting from the car has only been shown twice on the news and never again, but yet all the other video is and why is that. Now a guy accidentally hits a kid in Chicago stops get out and renders aid and is killed by a mob. Lets see driver is white, kid was black, and the mob was black. The national news gave it about a 10sec clip and we never heard about it again. Now if the races were reversed this story would be talked about every 15mins on CNN, MSNBC, and I sure Obozo would have made a statement too.
These are just some of how the media is spinning the truth and not tell both side of every story.
Agreed. But it will steer back to the topic. I just let it go.

They are not getting cash back from SNAP program, that can not be cashed out period. They are getting money from their TAFDC balance with is separate account. SNAP can ONLY be used to buy food. Do you really want to get into telling people what kind of meat they can buy due to their economic position?
I do volunteer work with underprivileged individuals from time to time ,so I get to see this first hand.

SNAP and TFDC can be on one card but have 2 different balances . One solely for food ( no cash out) and the other actual welfare benefits in place of a check. That may lead to the confusion. They are not getting cash in place of food.

Just be thankful you don't need to be on it. Also that it's there if god forbid you or you family need it. It's part of being a civilized culture and a country that takes care of our less fortunate.
I am thankful I don’t need help (right now). When I was laid off years ago as part of unemployment, I was able to get trained to drive a truck. Within two weeks of getting my CDL, I was working full time. My problem with so many using benefits is the abuse. If you work with underprivileged individuals, you must see this as well?
As far as getting cash from a benefit card (not called SNAP where I live), each state may be different, I just know many people abuse the system and it is frustrating to see people driving fancy cars, have fancy clothes, phones etc. Life is full of choices... Raising kids to make good choices, is difficult, saying no to keeping up with what others have. For me, it’s not about what you have. I live pretty frugally, and am happy for it.

Last edited:
I am thankful I don’t need help (right now). When I was laid off years ago as part of unemployment, I was able to get trained to drive a truck. Within two weeks of getting my CDL, I was working full time. My problem with so many using benefits is the abuse. If you work with underprivileged individuals, you must see this as well?
As far as getting cash from a benefit card (not called SNAP where I live), each state may be different, I just know many people abuse the system and it is frustrating to see people driving fancy cars, have fancy clothes, phones etc. Life is full of choices... Raising kids to make good choices, is difficult, saying no to keeping up with what others have. For me, it’s not about what you have. I live pretty frugally, and am happy for it.
I have seen abuse first hand but the overwhelming amount of people I have worked with be it in youth in camp programs to adults needing a jump start and basic finials skills want to move from assistance. There is no glory or self respect that comes from being on public assistance. The few cases that I have seen of abuse of the system usually wound up getting caught.
I can also tell you it's not a racial issue either. The majority of people I have worked with were white.
The system has change vastly in the short time I have been volunteering. I suggest if someone feels there is wrongdoing going on and the system is in need of help then get out there and get involved instead of bitching about it .

Stereotypes and assumption come from ignorance.

Below the avatar ( where you have a picture of motorcycles ), click on the name of the poster. A little pop up of information will appear. It will say profile page, start a conversation, follow and ignore. If you click that ignore button. You will no longer see that persons posts.
Thank you.

Section 8 does not provide cable tv, Internet access or cell phones. There was subsidies from some cable providers to to offer some discount Internet access through HUD but that was privately offered not a public program. The cell phones were discounted if I remember right through various carries but were never free of charge.