FedEx Freight | what happened? This was a fire storm with organizing

What kind of fact do you want? I've lived this for years I'm basing it on my personal experience. But if it helps when I get time I will post some links where the Teamsters and other union endorse and campaign for a political candidate or issue. And it's the union management, paid for from your dues doing it, wait until you get the teamsters magazine every month it full of political bull crap and your dues pay for that to.

Endorsing and contributing are two different things. And when you see union management doing it they are either on their own time or the PAC dime. All that has to be accounted for and documented . DRIVE is the teamster PAC. I dont contribute but I know several from my barn that do. There are about 1.2 million teamsters and if just 15% of them give a buck a week, that's $9,360,000 per year. That is where the money is coming from.

Endorsing and contributing are two different things. And when you see union management doing it they are either on their own time or the PAC dime. All that has to be accounted for and documented . DRIVE is the teamster PAC. I dont contribute but I know several from my barn that do. There are about 1.2 million teamsters and if just 15% of them give a buck a week, that's $9,360,000 per year. That is where the money is coming from.

Wrong, your local management is paid by your dues, they stump for political issues and candidates on Teamster time, not PAC time. It's legal and they do it all the time. If the use my dues to endorse then I did contribute and they are contributing to the cause I see no difference.

Wrong, your local management is paid by your dues, they stump for political issues and candidates on Teamster time, not PAC time. It's legal and they do it all the time. If the use my dues to endorse then I did contribute and they are contributing to the cause I see no difference.
You are just flat out wrong. And you dont become right by repeating yourself over and over. Sorry but there are laws in place and dont forget the teamster are under a consent decree. You are just wrong.

You are just flat out wrong. And you dont become right by repeating yourself over and over. Sorry but there are laws in place and dont forget the teamster are under a consent decree. You are just wrong.

So the Teamsters don't endorse ad stump for politicians and political issues?

I did a google search Teamster endorse Obama this was the first result from google.Teamsters Endorse Obama | Teamsters

It says "The General Executive Board had given Hoffa the authority to endorse Obama" and "Several Vice Presidents spoke" among other things. Who pays the general executive boards salary, union dues, who pays Hoffa, union dues, who payed for the conference ro mostl likely union dues. This article is from the Teamsters web site no mention of DRIVE what so ever. How can you tell me your dues don't support political agendas.

Oh you mean their self serving posts yeah good reading. You still haven't explained how they get payed if not from our dues.
Are you really this stupid??? From DRIVE. The teamster PAC. I've said it at least three times now. Maybe I can get a 5 year old to draw you a picture in crayon so you can comprehend it.

Are you really this stupid??? From DRIVE. The teamster PAC. I've said it at least three times now. Maybe I can get a 5 year old to draw you a picture in crayon so you can comprehend it.

Where does it say its from drive, if it dies I missed it. I am not stupid, drive does not pay Hoffa or the executive committee union dues do they work directly for the Teamsters.

I think what he is saying is the teamsters, as an organization, have endorsed the democratic party, verbally, in the past. They also encourage their members to support them. A verbal endorsement is pretty big.

Guardrail

I did a google search Teamster endorse Obama this was the first result from google.Teamsters Endorse Obama | Teamsters

It says "The General Executive Board had given Hoffa the authority to endorse Obama" and "Several Vice Presidents spoke" among other things. Who pays the general executive boards salary, union dues, who pays Hoffa, union dues, who payed for the conference ro mostl likely union dues. This article is from the Teamsters web site no mention of DRIVE what so ever. How can you tell me your dues don't support political agendas.

Since you know how to search, go to the Teamster site and search for " DRIVE"

Where does it say its from drive, if it dies I missed it. I am not stupid, drive does not pay Hoffa or the executive committee union dues do they work directly for the Teamsters.
Where does it say that it doesnt come from DRIVE. You are desperately trying to back up your false point by fishing for something that isnt there. Its funny yet sad at the same time

Since you know how to search, go to the Teamster site and search for " DRIVE"

I know what drive is when I was a Teamster I had the opportunity to contribute and declined. I'm not making myself clear. Here we go. I know drive is a political action committee for the Teamsters and I know how it's funded. My point in this whole conversation was to respond to the people that said your union dues don't go to support politicians. I have repeatedly stated that your dues pay for Teamster management salary and expenses, as well as the Teamsters magazine and the mailers they send to the house, among other things. those members of management stump for politicians and political agendas. Drive does not pay their salaries dues so your dues do go to support politics. Every time Hoffa or another union rep gets up and say the Teamsters and its x-million members support so and so they are paid by dues, show me where they're not. I'm not saying that they don't have a right to campaign for things that they perceive are in their members best interest. I'm just saying that people paid by dues are heavily involved in it. As far as google look up the Citizens united decision. Unions can give money so long as the don't coordinate with the candidate.