Yellow | What if ?

I think the Teamsters have become more of a servicing union (service its members) than what our roots were as an organizing union. While it is important to service our members, we still need to grow our union. That can only be done by constantly organizing in my opinion.
The Teamsters Union seems no longer interested in or able to organize in LTL trucking.

Smid, who joined Yellow in 1985, held several management posts in his career with YRC, including executive vice president at Yellow and president of Roadway. From 2007 through 2009, Smid managed the integration of YRC Worldwide’s flagship carriers, Yellow Transportation and Roadway Express, closing hundreds of terminals and shrinking payroll from about 55,000 to 34,000 employees. Staley was let go dec. 2007, correct me if I'm wrong but the mou first started July of 09? So to answer the debate Roadway was bought out in 03 making DOLLAR Z. CEO of both Y and R which Dollar Z. Came to Yellow corp in 99, so no Roadway Express never asked its employees for wage or pension decreases in it's history as a company.

I think the Teamsters have become more of a servicing union (service its members) than what our roots were as an organizing union. While it is important to service our members, we still need to grow our union. That can only be done by constantly organizing in my opinion.

when was the last time the TEAMSTERS organized any LTL Carrier, and please don't tell me it was Overnight ( UPS Freight) as that one is total BS. this issue is the real cause of our Pension Cuts we have coming, no new Companies entering the Funds, so even if you count Overnight they didn't enter the funds they are in UPS Pension Fund i find that pretty interesting....

Correct but you would think they would have made some sort of effort to pay on the debt a little.

one more time the company has 1 QTR of profits verus 7 years of losses and a huge need for new equipment so if you had some credit card debt which you were paying monthly and you needed a vehicle to allow you to get to work daily which will allow you to continue to make money to pay your debt monthly what would you pay for first a new vehicle or your credit card ???? Hello

one more time the company has 1 QTR of profits verus 7 years of losses and a huge need for new equipment so if you had some credit card debt which you were paying monthly and you needed a vehicle to allow you to get to work daily which will allow you to continue to make money to pay your debt monthly what would you pay for first a new vehicle or your credit card ???? Hello

Even if you only pay $1 off the principal amount it lowers your intrest payments. You will never get me to beleive Management could not have paid one Million a year, $250,000 a quater (By the way a drop in the bucket) to at least show an attempt to pay down the debt.
It's all about preceptions! what the bank thinks, And to a lesser extent what we (The blue collar bozo's! who have kept this company ALIVE! think!
Principals! right is right and wrong is wrong!

You can't post this, it makes too much sense. :1sm057crazy::17142:
$23 million in 7 years really isn't much money. However, YRCF is caught between a rock and a hard place. In order to reasonably expect to continue operations, later model and lower mileage equipment must be obtained. But with the current wage and benefit package, it is nearly impossible to hire and retain drivers, dockmen, and front line supervisors. We really are facing an impossible future, with not enough profit to meet BOTH needs.

Last night, I hooked 5 outbound sets to close out shift. 8 of the 10 pups were 131 series or newer. 4 out of 5 power units were newer Freightliner day cabs.

It felt good to be proud of the equipment leaving our yard.

I hope all of our hard work and sacrifice will lead to more such days, safer equipment and greater profits.

Last night, I hooked 5 outbound sets to close out shift. 8 of the 10 pups were 131 series or newer. 4 out of 5 power units were newer Freightliner day cabs.

It felt good to be proud of the equipment leaving our yard.

I hope all of our hard work and sacrifice will lead to more such days, safer equipment and greater profits.
I'm glad your proud and finaly making a profit.But at the end of the day their still stealing 15% of your hard earned money,and 75% of your pension contributions.

I fail to see how the sale of 84K shares of stock to an unknown entity, private party or institution might possibly represent 'stolen' money.
I see it as a reverse Robin Hood where they took from the working poor to give to the rich. Just me though.