FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should I have to start over? The work place here changed. You may be a coward but I'm not. Many of us unlike you have spines and have decided we've been kicked enough. If you hate the union so much be sure to quit when we are proud members of the teamsters.

I hate to tell you this but leaving is not being a coward. I had to make that choice. It wasn't easy to leave but in the long run it was the right one. I asked myself why would you stay and work for someone that treats you like that? So I don't think I'm spineless or a coward. I hit Fred with my 2 weeks and took my talents to another ltl. All the name calling is counter productive and only shows fear. And negotiations is just that. What if Fred says "no"? Are you willing to strike? I've seen the parking lot at FedEx. nice pricy cars and quadcab trucks. You all need to be onboard. Linehaul, P&D and dock. Can you afford it? This is not as simple as a single vote.

Either you are on the bottom of the board or you're a red shirt. I'm thinking red shirt.

Neither. In fact, if FedEx goes union I have more to gain as my employer does much more business with companies that are union.

Do I assume you feel entitled to things you don't deserve, just because you are pro-Union? Nope. Just because I am anti-union doesn't mean I am a redshirt or bottom of the seniority list guy.

0 for 3 fedupdal...

You suck at the guessing game. Rather than continuing to fail why don't you attack the argument instead of the poster?

How would the union benefit you? What are you willing to trade for that?

Why are you even here if you don't work for fedex Just trying to stir up trouble? So why do you just come out and tell us all about yourself so we will know who we are talking to. Or are you to embarrassed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm willing to trade you for a union. And all you do is ask the same stupid questions that have already been answered. Have someone read all the old post to you so you'll know. And it's just your so easy to bother.

Why are you even here if you don't work for fedex Just trying to stir up trouble? So why do you just come out and tell us all about yourself so we will know who we are talking to. Or are you to embarrassed ?

I do "work" for FedEx, amongst several others. I get a check from FedEx every month. Just not an employee.

Not trying to stir up trouble. Attempting to interject some logical discussion about the pros and cons. I've been involved in LTL for 28 years. I've worked both Union and Non-Union, on both sides of that dispatch window. EX396 is because of my former affiliation with Local 396. As to my identity, not too embarrassed, just mature and responsible enough to know that what I say on here could negatively impact folks who didn't have anything to do with my opinion.

Have someone read all the old post to you so you'll know.
I've read them. I hear some of the arguments. Don't think many realize the price they put on their "soul".

fedupdal said:
And it's just your so easy to bother.

Try again, in English this time please.

Good enough reason. You are entitled to your opinion I respect that as you should mine. I been here since it was Arkansas Freight and I've watched this company go downhill ever since FedEx bought us. And it won't improve until we unite and stand together. Labor and management will never be one and work together. Labor has to lookout for its best interest as does the company. We just have to learn to talk and listen and meet somewhere in the middle. At this time FedEx doesn't want to talk and they do not care about their employees. We are just another piece of equipment to them that can be replaced with something cheaper not better or as good but cheaper.

Well then you have something in common with those that worked at Viking.

Do you ever hear about what a great environment CF or PIE was? How about NW or APA, those were a happy bunch weren't they? How happy are all the folks at YRC? ABFS? UPSF? Yeah those are happy folks always talking about how great a work environment they have! How management treats them like valued employees! How they feel valued! Those environments are a spitting image of what you enjoyed, and long for, while at AF (not).

All you hear them talk about is their compensation. Are you willing to go even farther away from what AF/Viking was like in exchange for a few bucks? Or would you rather have what you had at AF back?

What everyone needs to know, including you, is FedEx Freight has no intention of "going back". They state publicly that the mission is to maximize return to shareholders. Not "take care of their people" or even "Take care of their customers". It's all about short term gain (constant chasing whatever number is the flavor of the week)...for the stock holders.

That being said, If we are going to continue to be treated this way (we are), I would like a compensation package that keeps up rather than lags behind (way behind?). To answer your question, Yes I'd rather have AF/Watkins/Viking back! Since that is not remotely possible, every effort should be made to make it better here. If we DO NOTHING... NOTHING will change (for the better). We'll continue to work harder (under more stress) for less real compensation, in a more and more hostile and less safe work environment.

As always I'm willing to listen to any reasonable and realistic alternative plan to achieve the goals stated in this thread. I've yet to see any alternate plan proposed.

I absolutely agree 100% that every effort should be made to make it better "here". Where we disagree is that a union solves that. What solves that is the threat of a union.

The best places to work are those that treat their employees well enough that the employees don't want the union.

If you continue to accept what you are getting, you are going to get more of the same. If you bring in the union you will take 3 steps forward and 4, 5 or 6 backwards. You lose, the company loses, the shareholders lose. The only winners are the union and the lawyers.

As to a reasonable and realistic alternative plan: Scare the company into thinking organization is imminent and pray like heck it isn't. Everybody wins that way.

It's been done before they promise you the moon kiss your ass for a while give you a little bit on money then BAM it's over and back to the same old game. FedEx knows how to play the game. They can snowball you with the best of them. They have shown over the years that they are just going to use us as long as they can. There is strength in numbers and from the people I have talked to the numbers are in our favor this time. But we shall see.

I absolutely agree 100% that every effort should be made to make it better "here". Where we disagree is that a union solves that. What solves that is the threat of a union.

The best places to work are those that treat their employees well enough that the employees don't want the union.

If you continue to accept what you are getting, you are going to get more of the same. If you bring in the union you will take 3 steps forward and 4, 5 or 6 backwards. You lose, the company loses, the shareholders lose. The only winners are the union and the lawyers.

As to a reasonable and realistic alternative plan: Scare the company into thinking organization is imminent and pray like heck it isn't. Everybody wins that way.
The employees win if they organize. You just like using scare tactics. And no ex396 is not a redshirt. Hes a 3ppl, the dregs of the industry. You want to know what has ruined ltl more than deregulation? 3ppl's arent even bottom feeders. They are lower than that.

FedEx doesn't fear the union. It is past the point of bluffing. The company has made it quite clear on how they feel the best way to treat us is. No more threats no bluffing. It's here. If management or the shareholders don't like it they shoulda treated us better. We aren't prisoners military or animals. How ever the company has treated us like a cross between all 3. I never thought It would come to this but the line has been crossed. I don't believe any side wanted it to come to this. Management pushed us here. We will vote yes cause management forced us to. We will vote yes because our families mean more to us than this company. We will vote yes because the company will not willingly do the right thing.

They have shown over the years that they are just going to use us as long as they can. There is strength in numbers and from the people I have talked to the numbers are in our favor this time. But we shall see.

Well there you go.

FedEx doesn't fear the union. It is past the point of bluffing. The company has made it quite clear on how they feel the best way to treat us is. No more threats no bluffing. It's here. If management or the shareholders don't like it they shoulda treated us better.

There isn't a company alive that welcomes their employees voting in the Union. If you don't believe FedEx is concerned, then it's probable that the employees have "cried wolf" one too many times. If it truly is beyond the point of repair, then so be it. Do what you have to do, but I don't believe the majority will be better off because of it. Those aren't scare tactics. Those are words from my experiences.

Your union brothers telling you how great it is are motivated by a failing pension. One that the FedEx numbers would certainly save. That's their vested interest, think about it and weigh their opinions accordingly. The company has a vested interest as well.

Use your BS meter, do your research, consider your options. Think for yourself and do what you think is best. Just don't say I didn't warn you that the grass isn't always greener.

I'm out. Best of luck to you all.

Well there you go.

There isn't a company alive that welcomes their employees voting in the Union. If you don't believe FedEx is concerned, then it's probable that the employees have "cried wolf" one too many times. If it truly is beyond the point of repair, then so be it. Do what you have to do, but I don't believe the majority will be better off because of it. Those aren't scare tactics. Those are words from my experiences.

Your union brothers telling you how great it is are motivated by a failing pension. One that the FedEx numbers would certainly save. That's their vested interest, think about it and weigh their opinions accordingly. The company has a vested interest as well.

Use your BS meter, do your research, consider your options. Think for yourself and do what you think is best. Just don't say I didn't warn you that the grass isn't always greener.

Again not true. I will tell you the benefits of the union AND tell you to negotiate your own pension. The idea that joining the union means joining the pension plans is just a flat out lie. And there are several pension plans that are extremely healthy. Why is it the anti union people only bring up Central States and YRC when trying to scare drivers? That should set off your bs meter

Well there you go.

So, you don't want to pay union dues to the teamsters just because they may use funds to prop up their pensions. That is doubtful anyway because a FedEx Fright contract would likely keep our own unique pension. What they do with the dues is less of a concern to me than the return (compensation/working conditions/security etc) I get on that investment. I don't think dues go directly into the teamster pension. even if a portion did, what's the problem?

It appears that even though I have been called out here for my opinions by certain parties I have been pm'ed by a moderator that I'm not allowed to respond back to said person. Is it common trucking boards practice to not be allowed to voice your opinions or defend yourself if you are being attacked by another poster?

I
Well there you go.

BS meter pegs on every one of your posts

It appears that even though I have been called out here for my opinions by certain parties I have been pm'ed by a moderator that I'm not allowed to respond back to said person. Is it common trucking boards practice to not be allowed to voice your opinions or defend yourself if you are being attacked by another poster?

They don't like the tit for tat in the open forum. Take up the issue with the person via p.m. I'm sure said "attacker" received the same p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.