ABF | What the non union carriers think of us at ABF.

Brothers in case some of you don't already know our up coming contract will mostly decide what the future in union freight holds for the new comers. ABF if they are interested in a future as a trucking company will have to take lessons from the current UAW contracts. In those contracts they set new levels of wages and benefits for the future employees of the auto industry. ABF along with our vote could reduce their cost IN THE FUTURE and allow themselves a level playing field as they call it. They along with the IBT have a decision to make soon. They can either do the right thing or they can continue down the current path they have chosen. It is clear to us that our best interest is not the chief concern of either ABF or the IBT at this time. A contract that does not harm we the current Teamsters and shows investors that the future of ABF will be taken into consideration in our 2013 contract agreement is all we can do the rest is up to the ABF executives. It does not take the dismantling of our pay and benefit structure to make ABF a forward moving company. It takes a plan for the future of ABF that is affordable for both ABF and the NEW TEAMSTERS that will some day be hired there. So please don't fall for all the SKY IS FALLING BS it will only make you sorry in the future. Nobody has said anything from ABF or the IBT about the money they TOOK FROM US in our pension plans and that issue has to be addressed before we can move forward. These talks can not start on a note of not trusting either party.

the solution you have put forth is $5200 year 1, $3900 year 2, $2600 year 3 and $1300 for years 4 and 5. All total, $14300 times the number of employees 7,200 (purposely lower due to layoffs) would equate to $103 million in extra revenue specifically for the pension. An extra 100 million set aside specifically for retirees of abf would absolutely make an impact on the pension. This assumes a wall of separation between abf retirees and retirees who never worked at abf which is similar to some of the reform the hybrid plan introduces. The complications come about with all the different pensions abf contributes too which are not neccessarily in the financial trouble cspf is in. Meaning the trustees of these other pensions may not be very flexible considering the presidence that could be established by taking less especially if they still have others paying full price. One other significant factor in the equation of fixing our pension is the high number of abf teamsters within 5 years or less of retirement. Meaning the actuaries, (the guys who do a statistical analysis on every important number) would be slightly stumped if too many guys retired in a short period of time.

On the bright side, we are the only people sitting at the table and our contract can be almost anything the rank and file want it to be. This contract can be far outside the box of previous nmfa. It has been my perspective that management is very professional and honorable in how they conduct themselves as a rule. Brent the dispatcher in little rock is an exception to that rule though. Anyway this operation is night and day better than yrc. They expect you to do your job correct and in turn, they do their job well. I really like and appreciate the difference in management styles from yrc. I believe we have good folks sitting across the table.

Lastly, every teamster has to ask themselves is this negotiation different than any of the others we have all gone through?. What is different about it? Or no it is any different, management vs. The teamsters union. They put on the boxing gloves and settle things in closed door negotiations.
You need to pm me and ask to remove the name you posted. Read the rules!

We don't want you to go anywhere...after all...you don't realize this...but you are one of the best tools we use to get our point across. So...keep up the good work!

What I can't seem to understand is why would you apply to work for a company...get the job and then complain of how poorly they are doing? It just doesn't add up!
He is the neighbor who moves in next to a pig farm then goes to the supervisors' meetings and complains about the smell.

The solution you have put forth is $5200 year 1, $3900 year 2, $2600 year 3 and $1300 for years 4 and 5. All total, $14300 times the number of employees 7,200 (purposely lower due to layoffs) would equate to $103 million in extra revenue specifically for the pension. An extra 100 million set aside specifically for retirees of ABF would absolutely make an impact on the pension. This assumes a wall of separation between ABF retirees and retirees who never worked at ABF which is similar to some of the reform the hybrid plan introduces. The complications come about with all the different pensions ABF contributes too which are not neccessarily in the financial trouble CSPF is in. Meaning the Trustees of these other pensions may not be very flexible considering the presidence that could be established by taking less especially if they still have others paying full price. One other significant factor in the equation of fixing our pension is the high number of ABF Teamsters within 5 years or less of retirement. Meaning the actuaries, (the guys who do a statistical analysis on every important number) would be slightly stumped if too many guys retired in a short period of time.

On the bright side, we are the only people sitting at the table and our contract can be almost anything the rank and file want it to be. This contract can be far outside the box of previous NMFA. It has been my perspective that Management is very professional and honorable in how they conduct themselves as a rule. Brent the Dispatcher in Little Rock is an exception to that rule though. Anyway this operation is night and day better than YRC. They expect you to do your job correct and in turn, they do their job well. I really like and appreciate the difference in management styles from YRC. I believe we have good folks sitting across the table.

Lastly, every Teamster has to ask themselves is this negotiation different than any of the others we have all gone through?. What is different about it? Or no it is any different, management vs. The Teamsters Union. They put on the boxing gloves and settle things in closed door negotiations.
All that babble and no solutions! You were asked for a solution and when I saw all that typing I thought you might actually put one up. :shrug:

I could care less whether you stay or go. But you will not be allowed to just post lies or misleading statements and get away with it. You are not as smart as you want others to believe and it is apparent to many of us. We knew the pension had and still does have problems but we work to fix them not abandon it. We don't cry the sky is falling we hold it in place. You cry and talk of doom and gloom but still no real answers. So stay or go but you will be held to telling the truth and respecting others.

Lying? This from the guy that claims ABF had a better 3q2012 operating ratio than YRC and then calls out Vitran as another company with a higher opearating ratio claiming they some how represent a threat to us when Fedex, UPS, YRC, Old Dominion and Conway constitute roughly 90% of the publicly traded LTL pie and are very profitable.

You brother muler are the one misleading the masses. It is sad, very sad you don't have the integrity to stand up and admit that for the 3Q12, YRC had a better O.R. than ABF. But it also shows the lengths you'll go to avoid being proven wrong and that includes lying.

Lying? This from the guy that claims ABF had a better 3q2012 operating ratio than YRC and then calls out Vitran as another company with a higher opearating ratio claiming they some how represent a threat to us when Fedex, UPS, YRC, Old Dominion and Conway constitute roughly 90% of the publicly traded LTL pie and are very profitable.

You brother muler are the one misleading the masses. It is sad, very sad you don't have the integrity to stand up and admit that for the 3Q12, YRC had a better O.R. than ABF. But it also shows the lengths you'll go to avoid being proven wrong and that includes lying.
Do this pull up JUST the OR of ABF alone and pull up the OR of yrc ALONE and let's compare them. The OR you are showing is all of ABC holdings combined. Can't you see that? Everybody else does. Where did the money come from to buy Panther? It came from the from the UNRESTRICTED ABF ACCOUNT FUND. Now do you get it we bought a trucking company that affected our OR Are you that touched that you can't comprehend that the OR ABF is showing is combining ALL of ABC HOLDINGS into one OR. I posted the link that shows the OR you re going by has Freight Value Moving solutions Panther the Jet The Road Service division all joined together. Now post the OR of yrc freight alone and that of ABF alone and lets see who operated better.

This is how the ABF OR was calculated now can you see GRASSHOPPER?

(1) This segment includes the results of operations of Arkansas Best’s largest subsidiary, ABF Freight System, Inc.®.
(2) This segment includes the results of operations of Arkansas Best’s expedited services operating as Panther Expedited Services, Inc. for the period of June 16 to September 30, 2012.
(3) This segment includes the results of operations of Arkansas Best’s transportation brokerage services operating as FreightValue®.
(4) This segment includes the results of operations of Arkansas Best’s roadside vehicle assistance and commercial equipment services subsidiary FleetNet America, Inc.
(5) This segment includes the results of operations of Arkansas Best’s subsidiaries Albert Companies, Inc. and Moving Solutions, Inc. which provide services to the consumer, corporate, and military household goods moving market.

http://arkbest.com/news/pr/PDF/2012/3Q_12_Earnings_Release.pdf

3071612245.jpg

YRC Worldwide

In Q3, there continued to be big gap in financial performance between the company's national and regional freight groups. The national group had an OR of just under 100, at 99.7%, versus a solid 93.5% for its group of more regional LTL carriers, meaning that segment is far more profitable.

Logistics News: Q3 LTL and Rail Carrier Results and Trends

Lets get this settled the OR at YRC national was a 99.7 for 3Q of 2012
This gave YRC National a 102.4 OR for the for the first nine months of 2012
YRC regionals posted 3Q OR of 93.5
YRC Regionals posted a OR of 95.1 for the first nine months of 2012
Together YRC posted a 98.7 for the first nine months of 2012

YRC reports second straight quarter of operating profit, ekes out slight $3 million net profit - Article from Logistics Management

YRC National has always had a higher OR than that of ABF but when you put in the children of the parents(the holding company) that is what makes the differences in OR. I didn't go into the ABF's OR we all know it.

Now...what do you have to say for yourself? Who is the one trying to mislead the masses? And who is the one that left YRC to come to ABF just to complain how bad off ABF is?

Where you at GRASSHOPPER? You were proven as a liar or at best very misleading. As you can see our OR was for paying all the bills not only those of ABF!

OHHH GRASSHOPPER!

3071612245.jpg

YRC Worldwide

In Q3, there continued to be big gap in financial performance between the company's national and regional freight groups. The national group had an OR of just under 100, at 99.7%, versus a solid 93.5% for its group of more regional LTL carriers, meaning that segment is far more profitable.

Logistics News: Q3 LTL and Rail Carrier Results and Trends

This graph shows exactly what I have been saying all along. Thanks for posting it Docker. YRC according to this report shows a operating ratio of 97. ABF is 97.8 in the third quarter.

ARE YOU SERIOUS. THIS MAKES ME LAUGH, I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU ARE BEING HONEST HERE. You came from YRCW, but you sure don't talk like any teamster. Our forefathers would be turning over in their graves. What you say and how you say it say's something else altogether.

papajohn, please cite an example of my "not talking like a teamster" whereby our teamster forefathers would be turning over in their graves?

papajohn, please cite an example of my "not talking like a teamster" whereby our teamster forefathers would be turning over in their graves?

Every time you speak, it sounds like you are giving away the farm. I sure hope there are there are not a lot like you, we would not have anything, because I fear we would be bankrupt, with no pension at all.

Brothers in case some of you don't already know our up coming contract will mostly decide what the future in union freight holds for the new comers. ABF if they are interested in a future as a trucking company will have to take lessons from the current UAW contracts. In those contracts they set new levels of wages and benefits for the future employees of the auto industry. ABF along with our vote could reduce their cost IN THE FUTURE and allow themselves a level playing field as they call it. They along with the IBT have a decision to make soon. They can either do the right thing or they can continue down the current path they have chosen. It is clear to us that our best interest is not the chief concern of either ABF or the IBT at this time. A contract that does not harm we the current Teamsters and shows investors that the future of ABF will be taken into consideration in our 2013 contract agreement is all we can do the rest is up to the ABF executives. It does not take the dismantling of our pay and benefit structure to make ABF a forward moving company. It takes a plan for the future of ABF that is affordable for both ABF and the NEW TEAMSTERS that will some day be hired there. So please don't fall for all the SKY IS FALLING BS it will only make you sorry in the future. Nobody has said anything from ABF or the IBT about the money they TOOK FROM US in our pension plans and that issue has to be addressed before we can move forward. These talks can not start on a note of not trusting either party.
I hope I'm misreading this. I read leave "mine" as is and screw all those to come later???? If this is correct you'll never see "what our Teamsters before us fought for" again.

I hope I'm misreading this. I read leave "mine" as is and screw all those to come later???? If this is correct you'll never see "what our Teamsters before us fought for" again.
That is not what it says at all. You know I have had just about enough of you sitting around waiting for someone to make a mistake. You were one of those running around saying we weren't part of the NMFA and ABF did not have a case. Now that we are separate and have to vote alone on a contract and until yrc is back on steady ground. Now you find that offensive. Your post speak volumes about the kind of person I think you are. And this yet another attack on me from the back is getting old. yrc is in no shape to reenter the NMFA at full rate and if that upsets you that we don't want to take a pay and or benefit cut then so be it. What would you do? And remember I can go back and re post some of your comments from the past. You are really the worst one. At least guys like joe come head on not as a BACK STABBER! So what do you want to know he who ran off to retirement as the trouble was starting at yrc. Remember then when you ran when the going got tough. I do Mr perfect. YOUR WAITING TO SEE YOU COME FROM THE FRONT BROTHER ALWAYS! BUSHWHACKER!

This graph shows exactly what I have been saying all along. Thanks for posting it Docker. YRC according to this report shows a operating ratio of 97. ABF is 97.8 in the third quarter.
You still are really gifted. The ABF OR you are looking at is that of all ABC not just ABF. Do you not see the post above that details the OR for ABF is a COMBINED OR FOR ALL OF ABC. Last time if you don't get it you lose then.

So if I read your post correct you are saying that the yrc Teamster screwed the whole industry up. Because after all they voted pension deferments wage reductions and they even voted to reopen the contract and change Articles and working conditions. But yet you said nothing. But now you come to our forum calling me and those that agree the ones to destroy all that has been won by those that came before us. You are a joke. At least now the ABF Teamsters can see you for what you really are. YOUR BROTHER THAT GAVE YOU ENOUGH ROPE ALWAYS!

That is not what it says at all. You know I have had just about enough of you sitting around waiting for someone to make a mistake. You were one of those running around saying we weren't part of the NMFA and ABF did not have a case. Now that we are separate and have to vote alone on a contract and until yrc is back on steady ground. Now you find that offensive. Your post speak volumes about the kind of person I think you are. And this yet another attack on me from the back is getting old. yrc is in no shape to reenter the NMFA at full rate and if that upsets you that we don't want to take a pay and or benefit cut then so be it. What would you do? And remember I can go back and re post some of your comments from the past. You are really the worst one. At least guys like joe come head on not as a BACK STABBER! So what do you want to know he who ran off to retirement as the trouble was starting at yrc. Remember then when you ran when the going got tough. I do Mr perfect. YOUR WAITING TO SEE YOU COME FROM THE FRONT BROTHER ALWAYS! BUSHWHACKER!
First off I could care less if you've had enough of anything....tough. Second if I read it wrong how so? Must of hit a nerve.....