Estes | When are the Re-bids coming

FLYINGBY

TB Lurker
Credits
Just want to have a idea when I need to turn around and :moon2: so I can take it where the sun don't shine.
Sure after spending 11 years here and a fairly new Hub Driver (they got rid of most of our Linehaul) which if you have seen me post before I put around 8.5 years in that.
But I am near the bottom of the hub now and we will probably lose a couple of hub runs now, Don't have the freight to cover them.
I would have a choice maybe to take the bottom one that pays about $130.00 a day, but gee after years of making $250 to $300.00 a day that would be hard to do.
But thats how these guys that have only been here for a few years got there start on the hub. Glad to be a new driver at the Big E!!

Dont know when the rebids are comming if at all. I think they are getting tired of the bs. It's a big time screwed up seniority battle here and don't feel like you are the lone ranger. Many drivers got it broke off in them

Dont know when the rebids are comming if at all. I think they are getting tired of the bs. It's a big time screwed up seniority battle here and don't feel like you are the lone ranger. Many drivers got it broke off in them

What's so damn complicated about it...I fail to except that folks are that ignorant...Seniority starts, the day you start in that catagory...It's very simple..Whether you got one in front of you or fifteen, you are,where you are...It doesn't matter if the other fourteen ahead of you are pieces of crap or not, they have been a piece of crap longer...

What's so damn complicated about it...I fail to except that folks are that ignorant...Seniority starts, the day you start in that catagory...It's very simple..Whether you got one in front of you or fifteen, you are,where you are...It doesn't matter if the other fourteen ahead of you are pieces of crap or not, they have been a piece of crap longer...
We had guys that bounced around different classes then went team for 18 years came back to extraboard, had to wait 90 days before they could bid. It states black and white that an extraboarder dont need to wait 90 days because he's not assigned any set run. We also had guys that were rifed, then tranfered then back to city, utility, then linehaul and never left the company. Just alot of long timers sitting behind 1 year employess because of the system they use creates the bellyachn I guess.

It also states that if you jump classes and then return to your previous class, you don't get your seniority back for 90 days, hence having to stay extraboard for 90 days.

We had guys that bounced around different classes then went team for 18 years came back to extraboard, had to wait 90 days before they could bid. It states black and white that an extraboarder dont need to wait 90 days because he's not assigned any set run. We also had guys that were rifed, then tranfered then back to city, utility, then linehaul and never left the company. Just alot of long timers sitting behind 1 year employess because of the system they use creates the bellyachn I guess.

You are so correct...If Richmond would halt the buddy system and do it like it's suppose to be done,it won't be created into a complicated piece of crap...It's really not that complicated...

But it is stupid that a guy that has been there for 18 years is behind a guy that has say 2 years, that is ridiculous!!!! The class thing had to go with all the other changes they made, just wait till this next re-bid with them opening up ST. LOIUS, Dayton, Oh, somebody is gonna get affected by this.
Just wait till they make a break terminal out east, gonna screw some drivers for sure just because off the dumb ass category system.

Looks like the seniority issue will come to a impass just like our honorable, " super sub commitee " How do you fix a problem, without pizzing off the majority of people ??

I don't see how you could **** the majority off by changing into what every other company out there does, A ONE ROAD BOARD SYSTEM.

So if they put everyone on the same board the 1rst of the year, are you saying that every person would except that with open arms ? I did not say the one board is wrong, but they will loose alot of drivers trying to put it into effect. Example... guy has made the choice to run linehaul for his choice of employment, he runs 10 years on linehaul, and on the 1rst of the year, a city driver with 15 years decides that he wants to take the linehaul drivers day run. Are you gonna sit there and tell me that that linehaul driver, or you for that matter are gonna be happy, and just sit there and say ... oh well ??? They have a seniority system here, while not being correct for everyone here, can not be changed, without seeing reckless abandonment

So if they put everyone on the same board the 1rst of the year, are you saying that every person would except that with open arms ? I did not say the one board is wrong, but they will loose alot of drivers trying to put it into effect. Example... guy has made the choice to run linehaul for his choice of employment, he runs 10 years on linehaul, and on the 1rst of the year, a city driver with 15 years decides that he wants to take the linehaul drivers day run. Are you gonna sit there and tell me that that linehaul driver, or you for that matter are gonna be happy, and just sit there and say ... oh well ??? They have a seniority system here, while not being correct for everyone here, can not be changed, without seeing reckless abandonment

I think he was referring to Linehaul and Hub,rjjr....Combining the two....There would accually be two boards, Linehaul and City...The one board deal would be done on total company seniority...Cooper went to that in 2000 and your right, there were lots of problems with it to start....But they put it like all the others did, if you don't like it,there's the door..But, the older guys were grandfathered in...You had to be on linehaul before March of 1999...

hey gals and guys, tell me about what would happen if more than one driver was hired on the same day. who first and last????

hey gals and guys, tell me about what would happen if more than one driver was hired on the same day. who first and last????
I never seen them hire like that but if they did, they would probably just flip a coin on rebids. Some drivers like running nights, some like days, some don't care as long as its 600+ miles some don't want more than 400. We have one that keeps the same 350 mile turn every year. Some like Extraboard. Chances are, they probably wouldn't want the same run anyhow. Small terminals with a few runs that everyone wants would make this a bigger problem. I guess they would have to dig in the computer and go with the hour they were hired.

Thanks what i have is , say all hiered same day same teminal after few years they all become line haul. You have one driver with 3 years all line haul and three drivers with 2 years hub and 1 year linehaul. Now everyones in linehaul in small terminal who gets first pick for runs and who gets first pick for vacations??