Estes | When are the Re-bids coming

Thanks what i have is , say all hiered same day same teminal after few years they all become line haul. You have one driver with 3 years all line haul and three drivers with 2 years hub and 1 year linehaul. Now everyones in linehaul in small terminal who gets first pick for runs and who gets first pick for vacations??
The guy with 3 years linehaul would get 1st pick over the others. It wouldn't matter if they had 35 years hub and 2 years 11 months linehaul. He would still get the leftovers behind the 36 month linehaul driver. Vacation would would go to the guy with the most company time

I think he was referring to Linehaul and Hub,rjjr....Combining the two....There would accually be two boards, Linehaul and City...The one board deal would be done on total company seniority...Cooper went to that in 2000 and your right, there were lots of problems with it to start....But they put it like all the others did, if you don't like it,there's the door..But, the older guys were grandfathered in...You had to be on linehaul before March of 1999...

I have heard talk of this very thing, that would be more tolerable I guess, only 1 board would be impossible. Well some would benefit, some would take it in the shorts. Everyone has a different scenario that plays out,and that scenerio dictates who gets what. Thinking about it, I would jump a few spots

I have heard talk of this very thing, that would be more tolerable I guess, only 1 board would be impossible. Well some would benefit, some would take it in the shorts. Everyone has a different scenario that plays out,and that scenerio dictates who gets what. Thinking about it, I would jump a few spots

You have to make senority rule...If not, why are we bidding...

hey gals and guys, tell me about what would happen if more than one driver was hired on the same day. who first and last????
when i switched to hub run from city there was three of us that started runs the same day my run started earlier than thiers so i got senority on them

City drivers require 8 hours sleep and alot of solar power. They can't run with the big dogs. Lol

Yea kinda like that wall-e robot always having to recharge, 'course with city drivers its the shade tree.
We just lost a 17 year driver that left the city to run the road. I remember him saying night time running wasn't for him. He got bumped off his daytime 400 mile schedule then went to 400 mile night run and lost his job.

Originally Posted by righturnclyde

One board system?

NO!

Senority boards are far to gone to do this.

Explain: Senority boards are far to gone to do this...

why?

Explain: Senority boards are far to gone to do this...

why? what's the point?

I think his point is, if the driver would hve stayed where he was, he would have a job...Most city drivers think we have it easy...And at times we do..But in my case,I spent 20 years in the city, my body couldn't handle it anymore...I couldn't comtinue doing for my customers like I wanted to...It worked out for me, but most city guys want the city back after a year...

I understand your point of not wanting to start over in senority. Nobody does. But it's the only way to keep it fair. I had to start over twice.
And yes they all want to go back after first snow storm or bunkroom experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks what i have is , say all hiered same day same teminal after few years they all become line haul. You have one driver with 3 years all line haul and three drivers with 2 years hub and 1 year linehaul. Now everyones in linehaul in small terminal who gets first pick for runs and who gets first pick for vacations??

Basically real easy who ever has been at Estes the longest with combined Road time, between Linehaul, Hub, Utility, and I would even throw in Team drivers, they really get screwed if they decide to get rid of a team or a guy or gal loses there partner.
Look anybody can work on a hub run, or Utility, or Linehaul why keep them seperate, it just does not work anymore in this company with how big they have become.
It would make things alot more easy, when all the changes come, cause in this buisness there is always gonna be changes.

what are you talking about. i wont work the dock so if you say is true, i guess i look for another job. besides this will screww up payroll so bad because of the classes. quit starting rumors until its published and on the board.

Let me start another rumor(sorry Dew,I gotta do it)....How much is our raise going to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me get outta here.."The Dew" is coming....

Gentlemen...Must we re-visit the Rebidding classes again...As a 17 yr linehaul driver at a fairly large southern terminal.Here we go...We as employees hired on some as linehaul,Hub ,City,And utility,And some as even dock who moved up when when the chance was open.....In no way shape or fashion am i trying to say that one job at the big e is more important than the other.But lets dive right on in to the driver classification deal once more.It is very clear in our bidding and classification rules as to drivers moving from one to another and coming back to your origanal class.With that being said i started here 17 yrs ago as a linehaul driver so i was once on the very bottom of the board and ran extra board for 3 yrs before i could even think about gettind a turn or schedual run and no hope of a new tractor in my 1st 2 yrs.So what im reading here is that some drivers think that they should jump ahead of others ,When in fact if some of you are or were city or hub or utility in many cases have had at one time or the other choices to go linehaul and start building linehaul senority.But for one reason or the other it came down to being on the EXTRABOARD AND STARTING AT THE BOTTOM.Being gone for a full week at a time .Not this go out one day and home the next or maybe one overnight stay thing they call the Board now lol...Years ago when ya left on sunday evening YR ASS didnt see yr home terminal againtill maybe friday.Let me also add the two drivers to a room hotel stay.The non a/c trucks.No transponders for the turnpikes.I mean do i need to say more.Not at all trying to be a dick,But cmon guys....You simply cant jump over someone cause ya got 20 yrs in the city.AND THAT SUMS IT UP WHY WE HAVE CLASSIFICATIONS AND WHY IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.....hAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE....

Gentlemen...Must we re-visit the Rebidding classes again...As a 17 yr linehaul driver at a fairly large southern terminal.Here we go...We as employees hired on some as linehaul,Hub ,City,And utility,And some as even dock who moved up when when the chance was open.....In no way shape or fashion am i trying to say that one job at the big e is more important than the other.But lets dive right on in to the driver classification deal once more.It is very clear in our bidding and classification rules as to drivers moving from one to another and coming back to your origanal class.With that being said i started here 17 yrs ago as a linehaul driver so i was once on the very bottom of the board and ran extra board for 3 yrs before i could even think about gettind a turn or schedual run and no hope of a new tractor in my 1st 2 yrs.So what im reading here is that some drivers think that they should jump ahead of others ,When in fact if some of you are or were city or hub or utility in many cases have had at one time or the other choices to go linehaul and start building linehaul senority.But for one reason or the other it came down to being on the EXTRABOARD AND STARTING AT THE BOTTOM.Being gone for a full week at a time .Not this go out one day and home the next or maybe one overnight stay thing they call the Board now lol...Years ago when ya left on sunday evening YR ASS didnt see yr home terminal againtill maybe friday.Let me also add the two drivers to a room hotel stay.The non a/c trucks.No transponders for the turnpikes.I mean do i need to say more.Not at all trying to be a dick,But cmon guys....You simply cant jump over someone cause ya got 20 yrs in the city.AND THAT SUMS IT UP WHY WE HAVE CLASSIFICATIONS AND WHY IT WILL NEVER CHANGE.....hAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE....
So if I do the math youran the extraboard when the northernmost terminal was Edison? BTW don't know of many extraboarders getting home every other day.