TForce | Who wants to fight the 800 lbs Gorilla?

One more thing, Are you saying that the new guy that started last week should have a choice over a work schedule because he is young and fast and after my 24 years in the company I am older and not so fast any more? PLEASE!!!

noone said that where did you get this from?

I also think he should not get as much as one of the senior dockworkers.

senority should count for alot but not everything, you can't take the drive away.

And you also have to have saome reward for staying with a company,

how boring would football be if senority prevailed? oldest player got to pick his position. weather he was the best at it or not, of course that would never happen becuase that team would not be productive or as productive.

Some people are born to lead,and some are born followers.
How would everything work out if there were only leaders,or followers.
If we all get paid the same for what we were hired to do,and you feel better knocking your self out,then I say go for it.
Its your funeral,if you go above and beyond the rest of us for the same pay thats all well and good as long as you are doing it safe.

Being in the trucking industry you can be the hero,for a long time.
But let something negative happen,then you will be reduced to a zero in short order,and if its really bad your services may not be required here at all after that,one mess-up!

One more thing, Are you saying that the new guy that started last week should have a choice over a work schedule because he is young and fast and after my 24 years in the company I am older and not so fast any more? PLEASE!!!

You old goat you are just like me old and slow. Them young bucks blow by me everyday. But at the end of the day I'm only about 15 minutes behind them.
They all say I the slowest one out there. But I'm probably just like you. There everyday and they never have to worry weather the job will get done or not.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was a little shocked when I saw what appeared to be a quote from me.

I say, if a company hires you to do a job and you and stipulates that you must meet the minimum qualifications of the job everyday then that is what you get paid for and you are fullfilling their expectations. If someone feels the need to do more that other workers because they want to be the best so they can believe they are better than everyone else than go right ahead but that should not reflect badly on those who are meeting the minimum. Why would you do more if you only get paid for the
minimum???:butt kiss:

I agree, trying too compete with others subliminally, is nothing more then an insecurity on ones behalf, and if you lead your life in that manner, you are doing nothing but trying to keep up with the jonses.

Thia is a pitifull state of mind. I agree with your statement.

ACCELERATOR, you replyed to what I posted on post #17 not Overnite and I replyed to Overnite on post #15 not Drake. Something went wrong with the names on the reply posts. I think they were the orignal posters. "I think"

Well, ummmm, what do we do? I suggest we panic, but you now everyone is different.:hysterical:

In all seriousness, that has never happened before, and I am too lazy too retype. It's a good thing you posted that. I thought I was seeing things.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

noone said that where did you get this from?

senority should count for alot but not everything, you can't take the drive away.

And you also have to have saome reward for staying with a company,

how boring would football be if senority prevailed? oldest player got to pick his position. weather he was the best at it or not, of course that would never happen becuase that team would not be productive or as productive.

Nevermind!!!!!!!!!!!!:nutkick:

fairest since 1960

i had dispatched from 1960 to 2002 & the system that yellow had in dispatch at charlotte nc when i retired in 2002. u shud have seen it when i started dispatching at akers motor lines in 1960. happy holidays

You old goat you are just like me old and slow. Them young bucks blow by me everyday. But at the end of the day I'm only about 15 minutes behind them.
They all say I the slowest one out there. But I'm probably just like you. There everyday and they never have to worry weather the job will get done or not.

You are 100% correct. 24 years not one sick day, accident or injury!!! I may be slow, But its a safe slow.:biglaugh:

Its always better to do everything a little slower,and get it right the first time.
I've told my TM many times that you can't use the two words quanity,and quality in the same sentence together.
You can have one,but you'll never get them both working together.

If your always in a hurry the quality of your work will suffer.
But if you take your time doing a quality job,you can't be in a hurry making sure everything is done right.

Going into my 45th year as a city driver in this here trucking industry I've found this to be a true story,quanity,and quality just don't work together.
After all we are humanbeings,not robots.

Well then the word quality means good.
So if you want to do a quality,or good job,how can you do it if your running around not totally focused on everything your supposed to do?

With no pay raise and a gutting of our pensions on the table; how could anyone not doubt that UPS wants the employees of UPS Freight to join the union?

Then you won't mind not having a raise for the next few years. I think you will find yourself in a very small minority who won't go union, if it means no raise and gutted pension.:nutkick: Your sharp wit should get you through it all though.:biglaugh::hysterical::1036316054:

Then you won't mind not having a raise for the next few years. I think you will find yourself in a very small minority who won't go union, if it means no raise and gutted pension.:nutkick: Your sharp wit should get you through it all though::hysterical::1036316054:

I don't mind I've been saving.:chairshot:

Gentalmen,Gentalmen, Someone get's a notice of changing a pention into an annuity, which is nothing more then an account gaining interest, but paid out in the same fashion, I find this very hard to believe it is a bad thing.

However, they (UPS) can do what they want with the pention , it is thiers, I do not see them abolishing this anytime soon.

Until we all see this letter, I do not think we should jump too conclusions.

If anyone has a copy of this letter, PM me, and I would like a copy, if you can produce one. By just putting an pention into a annuity, managed by someone other then UPS could be a good thing for us, maybe this annuity will gain more interest then UPS can manage. As most of you can see ,most all benefit's is subcontracted too someone else through UPS, it was the same with the 401, and the benefits.

This might or might not be a repost:

Here is an interesting UPS/Teamster blog entry along with some other interesting blogs.
Employer Report

Employer Report Home page

Excellent link, now we know the truth, but I think alot of us do not want too settle for a SUB-PAR contract. And we know, the Teamsters have thier saving grace, a withdrawl with a lump sum payment, 15,000 new members, if it happens, and a withdrawl lump sum protecting others left in the almost bankrupt plan. UPS on the other hand is winning with a subpar contract, and a withdrawl from the pention fund.

BIG NUMBERS HERE, NOW THAT IS NEGOTIATIONS. If we settle for less we are stupid, we were actually purchased as a bargaining chip.

We can always demand the NMFA. And if UPS won't give it to us we can, Oh!!! what can we do? Take our ball home and not play anymore.:hysterical: