TForce | Who wants to fight the 800 lbs Gorilla?

KGB 18

TB Veteran
Credits
If anyone thinks they are going to buy brownie points with there local management if they make a public stand against the teamsters, think again. The 800 lbs gorilla( which resides in Atlanta not Richmond) runs this company now. Once the card check agreement starts any manager who is caught bad mouthing the unionization of UPSF will suffer serious consquences. Such as termination and or fines against the company. So I don't think you will see one manager who cares to stay employeed taking any sides in this process. All you company men will find that the so-called open door polocy will be shut. I for one will be making a log of any suspected favoritism and give it to my local if anyone at my terminal tries any crap. This will put and end to favoritism.:1036316054: Work by merit only, I for one can't stand a kiss #ss. If you are worth anything to the company, let your work do the talking.:1036316054:

What actually all fines against any authority figure that trys to go against unionization of any company comes from the Federal labor relations board.
Its not really a union thing,its more of a government thing.

What actually all fines against any authority figure that trys to go against unionization of any company comes from the Federal labor relations board.
Its not really a union thing,its more of a government thing.

No, this is part of the card check agreement between UPS and the Teamsters. It has nothing to do with the NLRB.

If anyone thinks they are going to buy brownie points with there local management if they make a public stand against the teamsters, think again. The 800 lbs gorilla( which resides in Atlanta not Richmond) runs this company now. Once the card check agreement starts any manager who is caught bad mouthing the unionization of UPSF will suffer serious consquences. Such as termination and or fines against the company. So I don't think you will see one manager who cares to stay employeed taking any sides in this process. All you company men will find that the so-called open door polocy will be shut. I for one will be making a log of any suspected favoritism and give it to my local if anyone at my terminal tries any crap. This will put and end to favoritism.:1036316054: Work by merit only, I for one can't stand a kiss #ss. If you are worth anything to the company, let your work do the talking.

You know, I can't stand a kiss a$$ either, nor can I stand the guys who feel this job is a competition, that way they can make you appear to be lazy and possibly get the job you are doing and have worked hard for many years to get. Seniority is the fair way of doing things. The guys who have the most time and energy invested into their jobs deserve the right to have the few priviliges that it will get you. Additionally, at least with seniority there are rules and contracts and the companies as well as the employees are bound to abide by them. NO :butt kiss: or :showoff: !!!

If anyone thinks they are going to buy brownie points with there local management if they make a public stand against the teamsters, think again. The 800 lbs gorilla( which resides in Atlanta not Richmond) runs this company now. Once the card check agreement starts any manager who is caught bad mouthing the unionization of UPSF will suffer serious consquences. Such as termination and or fines against the company. So I don't think you will see one manager who cares to stay employeed taking any sides in this process. All you company men will find that the so-called open door polocy will be shut. I for one will be making a log of any suspected favoritism and give it to my local if anyone at my terminal tries any crap. This will put and end to favoritism.:1036316054: Work by merit only, I for one can't stand a kiss #ss. If you are worth anything to the company, let your work do the talking.

You know, I can't stand a kiss a$$ either, nor can I stand the guys who feel this job is a competition, that way they can make you appear to be lazy and possibly get the job you are doing and have worked hard for many years to get. Seniority is the fair way of doing things. The guys who have the most time and energy invested into their jobs deserve the right to have the few priviliges that it will get you. Additionally, at least with seniority there are rules and contracts and the companies as well as the employees are bound to abide by them. NO :butt kiss: or :showoff: !!!

AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEENNNNNNNNN......

I do agree that senority should account for some things but not everything not even most things, where is the drive that young people are suppose to have if hard work gets you nothing, if what you say is true then a driver can just barely meet standards to keep his job for 30 years and would be entitled to more than a driver who goes out and goes above and beyond what is required of him for 28 years.

Why wouldn't the 28 year guy say "f" it and stop trying becuase he will never have the benefits of the 30 year guy that said "f" it 29 years ago.

Hard work should account for just as much as senority for instance if 4 dockworkers are hired and 3 are below average and make constant mistakes and the other 1 is doing twice the work as any of the other 3, shouldn't he get somthing for his effort. I think he should, I also think he should not get as much as one of the senior dockworkers.

If it were not for the spirit of competition there would not be companies to work for that payed $20+ an hour.

I do agree that senority should account for some things but not everything not even most things, where is the drive that young people are suppose to have if hard work gets you nothing, if what you say is true then a driver can just barely meet standards to keep his job for 30 years and would be entitled to more than a driver who goes out and goes above and beyond what is required of him for 28 years.

Why wouldn't the 28 year guy say "f" it and stop trying becuase he will never have the benefits of the 30 year guy that said "f" it 29 years ago.

Hard work should account for just as much as senority for instance if 4 dockworkers are hired and 3 are below average and make constant mistakes and the other 1 is doing twice the work as any of the other 3, shouldn't he get somthing for his effort. I think he should, I also think he should not get as much as one of the senior dockworkers.

If it were not for the spirit of competition there would not be companies to work for that payed $20+ an hour.

If we lived in a world where everyone was born with the same talents, intelligence, muscles, endurance, etc., I would agree with you. Fortunatly, the real world where most of us live is not that way.

If we lived in a world where everyone was born with the same talents, intelligence, muscles, endurance, etc., I would agree with you. Fortunatly, the real world where most of us live is not that way.

I agree, If people want to compete or not compete, the job place should give them that choice, as long as work is being done, at a reasonably productive pace ,a person should not be measured against another, everyone is different, what really makes a good MGR. is the ability to put people in positions they are good in, and get rid of those who do not produce.

Don't you all realize we are working for UPS.
Everybody is accountable for everything they are required to do.
The one who has been here the longest should get the better start times,and the choice on routes,because after all being here the longest makes that person reponsible for the most.

I'm speaking for myself here.
I've only got one over me in senority.
He gets the best,and I get second best.
He started two months before me,and he has earned his place on the list just like I have.
What would we have if you took senority out of the picture?

I'll tell you what we'd have,favoritizum,and everybody else saying the heck with it.

The one who has been here the longest should get the better start times,and the choice on routes,because after all being here the longest makes that person reponsible for the most.

He started two months before me,and he has earned his place on the list just like I have.

I'll tell you what we'd have,favoritizum,and everybody else saying the heck with it.

Do not forget, it is in the new rule book's as well as the old one "SENIORITY PREVAILS" we did not start this, the company did.

This is why MGNT. wanted that little passage about leaving the final decision to the TM.

Now we are use too it and we are supposed to drop it like a hot potato, I think not......

When a contract is inplace and you follow the rules GIVEN TO YOU IN THE CONTRACT, as long as you are doing what the contract holds you to do, now everyone is equal. If you do not perform, then good luck......

You are way off base here. Seniority has always been recognized in 90% of companys union or non union in any trade. I started here 24 years ago at the bottom. Do you think I did not work as hard as anyone else because I was on the bottom. Here we are 24 years later and I am #1 I paid my dues Just like anyone else in this company. What you are speaking of is favortisim. All you have to do is do your job the best that you can. And if you are slacking, Thats managments job to do something about it. SENIORITY SHOULD COUNT FOR EVERYTHING!!! We all paid our dues!

One more thing, Are you saying that the new guy that started last week should have a choice over a work schedule because he is young and fast and after my 24 years in the company I am older and not so fast any more? PLEASE!!!

You are way off base here. Seniority has always been recognized in 90% of companys union or non union in any trade. I started here 24 years ago at the bottom. Do you think I did not work as hard as anyone else because I was on the bottom. Here we are 24 years later and I am #1 I paid my dues Just like anyone else in this company. What you are speaking of is favortisim. All you have to do is do your job the best that you can. And if you are slacking, Thats managments job to do something about it. SENIORITY SHOULD COUNT FOR EVERYTHING!!! We all paid our dues!

Wait until he get's older, he may have a different perspective on things.

ACCELERATOR, you replyed to what I posted on post #17 not Overnite and I replyed to Overnite on post #15 not Drake. Something went wrong with the names on the reply posts. I think they were the orignal posters. "I think"

Agree 100%:1036316054:

ACCELERATOR, you replyed to what I posted on post #17 not Overnite and I replyed to Overnite on post #15 not Drake. Something went wrong with the names on the reply posts. I think they were the orignal posters. "I think"

Thank you for pointing that out. I was a little shocked when I saw what appeared to be a quote from me.

I say, if a company hires you to do a job and you and stipulates that you must meet the minimum qualifications of the job everyday then that is what you get paid for and you are fullfilling their expectations. If someone feels the need to do more that other workers because they want to be the best so they can believe they are better than everyone else than go right ahead but that should not reflect badly on those who are meeting the minimum. Why would you do more if you only get paid for the minimum???:butt kiss: