FedEx Freight | Why do you NOT want the union

Status
Not open for further replies.
I "DON'T want a union because. 1. Don't want to be represented by a corrupt leech of an organization such as the teamsters 2. Don't want Fedex to stop being profitable like YRC, Holland, ABF, etc. 3. Don't want Fedex to go bankrupt like CF and many others have due to the teamsters. 4. Don't want my retirement to be in a shambles like most of the teamster pension plans. 5. Don't want to be part of an organization like the teamsters that has lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years, with good reason. 6. Don't want to protect deadbeats who ride the unions coat tails to the companies demise.

I have to agree with reasoning but must clarify one item. Item #5 says "lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years". Membership is actually down about 900,000-1MM since 1976. Point is, it's not a healthy organization with growing membership. \

Nailed it.

If there were as many people capable of being an effective CEO as there were CDL holders, CEO's wouldn't make so much money. There is a reason that CDL holders make more than a burger flipper.

Sure, some CEOs are overpaid. Most are not.
Most ceos are overpaid,some are not

You do realize that most means more than half, right?

There are about 2.133MM CEOs according the latest statistics available. 92% of them make under a $1MM/year, 50% make under $250K/year.

Japanese companies seem to fair pretty well against global competition and their ceo's only make 65 times avg worker salary

The average US worker makes 40,888.16. 97% of the CEOs in the USA make less than 65x that amount.

Headlines form opinions. The vast majority of CEOs are not overpaid. It's the top of the top that skew the numbers significantly and grab headlines.

You do realize that most means more than half, right?

There are about 2.133MM CEOs according the latest statistics available. 92% of them make under a $1MM/year, 50% make under $250K/year.
Man i'm sorry, i didn't realize that some make less than amillion dollars per yr I feel really bad for them now. Is there some charity Ican give to help the down on they're luck Ceo's? Champaign affordability assistance or something?

The average US worker makes 40,888.16. 97% of the CEOs in the USA make less than 65x that amount.

Headlines form opinions. The vast majority of CEOs are not overpaid. It's the top of the top that skew the numbers significantly and grab headlines.
Avg Ceo pay s&p 500 make over 12 million

Avg Ceo pay s&p 500 make over 12 million

Okay, so? For arguments' sake lets agree ever single on of the S&P 500 CEOs are overpaid. Let's also agree none of them are worth more than $1MM a year.

Now, we've got 8% that are over that $1MM mark and 92% under. Yet, you want to argue that MOST are overpaid.

I am beginning to think you don't have any idea what MOST means.

Okay, so? For arguments' sake lets agree ever single on of the S&P 500 CEOs are overpaid. Let's also agree none of them are worth more than $1MM a year.

Now, we've got 8% that are over that $1MM mark and 92% under. Yet, you want to argue that MOST are overpaid.

I am beginning to think you don't have any idea what MOST means.
I'm talking about real companies not an idiot printing tshirts in his garage calling himself ceo. Please get real and make a reasonable argument

I "DON'T want a union because. 1. Don't want to be represented by a corrupt leech of an organization such as the teamsters 2. Don't want Fedex to stop being profitable like YRC, Holland, ABF, etc. 3. Don't want Fedex to go bankrupt like CF and many others have due to the teamsters. 4. Don't want my retirement to be in a shambles like most of the teamster pension plans. 5. Don't want to be part of an organization like the teamsters that has lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years, with good reason. 6. Don't want to protect deadbeats who ride the unions coat tails to the companies demise.
Let me also add that I DON'T want a union either because...
7. No possibility of a strike!
8. No union dues...not that I'd pay them anyways, this one is more for my brothers that are in closed shop states!
9. Don't have to worry about being put on trial for violating union rules or paying any fines or fees for violating such rules!
10. Don't want them spending my money on political causes or candidates that I don't support!
11. I don't need a union to speak for me, I was taught to speak up for myself!

You might want to check your blood pressure. Or maybe look into anger management classes. I guess the truth of my post stung some. Lol

In professional sports everybody has NEGOTIATED a contract including the executives. All executives work under a contract in america its just us workers who are fire at will employees. When they're is a negotiation all parties regardless if your union or not are much more likely to get a better deal. If there is no negotiations your definitely not going to get a fair shake. Kinda funny how no executives would work without a contract but its the end of the world if younwant one. And yes our taxes definitely subsidize mcdonalds employees, they dont make enough money to survive on, we pay the rest through food stamps, emergency room visits, housing assistance, medicaid for they're children. So yes since mcdonalds chooses to pay their ceo close to 800 times what they pay their workers for nothing they havent changed their menue in 30 years we definitely pay part of their salary
Key words are "more likely", there's no guarantee you'll get anything.
It's not the end of the world, I don't need a contract. Been working for 30 years without a contract, 20 here, and I'm doing just fine, pretty sure I've always had a "fair shake".
Have you been to a McDonalds lately? Most of those hourly minimum wage employees are either retirees looking for something to do or high school/college kids looking to make some gas/party money!
Again I disagree, their menu has changed...now you get apple slices and milk with a happy meal instead of fries and a coke!

Let me also add that I DON'T want a union either because...
7. No possibility of a strike!
8. No union dues...not that I'd pay them anyways, this one is more for my brothers that are in closed shop states!
9. Don't have to worry about being put on trial for violating union rules or paying any fines or fees for violating such rules!
10. Don't want them spending my money on political causes or candidates that I don't support!
11. I don't need a union to speak for me, I was taught to speak up for myself!
More ignorance added.

More ignorance added.
Interesting reading on your companies TB site Holland. One thread is about all of the drivers who are leaving to work for other carriers. Another thread lamenting the new pension laws. Also a thread about the pay cuts or "concessions" as you teamsters like to call them. Is that the utopia you would like to turn Fedex into. Thanks but no thanks.

Interesting reading on your companies TB site Holland. One thread is about all of the drivers who are leaving to work for other carriers. Another thread lamenting the new pension laws. Also a thread about the pay cuts or "concessions" as you teamsters like to call them. Is that the utopia you would like to turn Fedex into. Thanks but no thanks.
Yeah, not too many guys were happy about having to lower ourselves to your level.

Last edited:
I'm talking about real companies not an idiot printing tshirts in his garage calling himself ceo. Please get real and make a reasonable argument

I don't know how you define a real company. I can tell you that a company must be a corporation in order to have a CEO. Just because those companies aren't household names, or you don't see their commercials on television doesn't mean they aren't real companies.

Look at McDonalds, obviously a huge corporation. To run that corporation well you are going to need somebody good. Now, contrast that with the employees' wages due to the size of the prospective employee pool size and skills required. Of course the ratio is going to be significant. All those numbers do is fuel some fire about wage inequality and the wealthy taking from the poor rubbish. Like I said elsewhere....neurotic.

Sometimes you got to post pics for people to understand I guess. Go Union. I refuted all your false claims, especially the '1,000,000' figure by directing you to the federal labor statistics. Obviously, you refuse to read, so these pics might help you.

retirementdemotivator.jpg

QIbDYlV.jpg

rtment-of-motor-vehicles-health-care-reform-barack-obama-motivational-posters-demotivational-posters-funny-hot-free-political-humor-parody-gag1.jpg

fedex.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.