Yellow | why

6 months ?? In Chicago you get 500$ a week for 2 years. I'll set up the direct deposit and head to south florida. Good times

Are you sure about that? Federal government did not approve extended unemployment funding in the latest budget. Many states are now only 26 weeks for unemployment.

Are you sure about that? Federal government did not approve extended unemployment funding in the latest budget. Many states are now only 26 weeks for unemployment.

also if your states unemployment is below I think 8 percent you wouldn't qualify for 2 years and I think they didn't extend them in this new budget

Near, the Top, I do not think so, and if this contract passes you will also be paying much more for insurance and as far as vacation is concerned. They have taken 1 week away from a lot of people and want to take more.
I am not going to continue this conversation with you be cause you are either management or you have not read the contract and or understand what is in it.
P.S. this is for 5 years in the future at the same pay scale and less benefits than you have now. and You have got nothing in the last 4 to 5 years and lost your Retirement.
You are not thinking right at all. Think about it not 2013 but start thinking lost or gone and working to 2018 in other words 10 years of you life with out even a retirement you will never get.
No cost of living raise and paying bigger amounts in you health also.

I a sure you I now more about the contract then most secondly, I have predict where we would be many many years ago why because I have studied and learned about SEC files financial terms non gap and gap.....ebitda etc it all there in the SEC filing most of you have no clue about that stuff...................

some guys talk tuff and when you ask them where they get there info or explain a simple financial term they cant so they have no clue of what they speak

I have been telling people for over 4 years according to the interest payments, debt restructuring fees, we would be in big trouble and probably would close the doors in the fall of 2013 till the spring of 2015 a side note not knowing they gave preferred shares that they could convert at11.00 and32.00 dollars which the stock hit those marks amazingly the banks made a killing so they have gotten there total principle and made there money and then some ................ they can close the doors and they will write it of as a paper loss..............with out better terms this company cant replace old equipment and survive and the banks wont lend them more thats for sure why would they its the trucking industry, and the economy no guarantees of success

and the retirement its going to be gone regardless and 25 percent now is about the same the rest of the ltl puts in there 401 ks 25 percent at least its something........... may give retirees a few more years also pension reform next year may dramatically change pensions for the worse so it wouldn't matter if yrcw was paying full amount

I a sure you I now more about the contract then most secondly, I have predict where we would be many many years ago why because I have studied and learned about SEC files financial terms non gap and gap.....ebitda etc it all there in the SEC filing most of you have no clue about that stuff...................

some guys talk tuff and when you ask them where they get there info or explain a simple financial term they cant so they have no clue of what they speak

I have been telling people for over 4 years according to the interest payments, debt restructuring fees, we would be in big trouble and probably would close the doors in the fall of 2013 till the spring of 2015 a side note not knowing they gave preferred shares that they could convert at11.00 and32.00 dollars which the stock hit those marks amazingly the banks made a killing so they have gotten there total principle and made there money and then some ................ they can close the doors and they will write it of as a paper loss..............with out better terms this company cant replace old equipment and survive and the banks wont lend them more thats for sure why would they its the trucking industry, and the economy no guarantees of success

and the retirement its going to be gone regardless and 25 percent now is about the same the rest of the ltl puts in there 401 ks 25 percent at least its something........... may give retirees a few more years also pension reform next year may dramatically change pensions for the worse so it wouldn't matter if yrcw was paying full amount

You sound like a self righteous jerk. If you are as smart and self educated as you claim, why are you still working here? JP Morgan needs pricks like you.

If the job hasn't been in your best financial interests for the past 4-5 years, I can't imagine why most of you have stayed? Seems like the definition of irrationality to me.

You sound like a self righteous jerk.

What do you think you come across as?

If you are as smart and self educated as you claim, why are you still working here?

Have you asked that question of yourself? I've read your posts...you seem to believe that your a pretty "smart" guy who knows all the answers ..Why are YOU still working here? yrcslave.... I guess your screen name says it all.....

JP Morgan needs pricks like you

Why is it that whenever you guys know you can't make a rational comment that supports your view..or when your obviously unable to refute the rationality of someones post you have to resort to childish insults?? You should be ashamed of yourself that you can't conduct yourself as an adult....

Linedriver;1306872There is lots of driving jobs said:
YES LOTS AVAILABLE, dam look even at Craigslist [/B]or you unemployment list, DAM IT boy drivers are in demand.
I know cause I just looked even to day. Check your newspapers adds on line. What is a matter with you? If your a truck driver you have very little to be nervous about, at least if you are a real driver.

Yes...I agree there are lots of Driving jobs....I have looked at those "job" on craigslist just to see what is commonly available currently.....and I can tell you one thing with certainty, the vast majority of those jobs do not compare to what you have with YRCF....especially if you have some seniority....Yes drivers are in demand....

If you and those that support the "no" vote..."let it close" mentality use the reasoning that you believe that they have "taken" enough already....do you actually think that by voting no they are going to magically give you more?.....and if you are ready to lose this job because you don't want them to "take" more...or might...maybe....want "more" later......How much sense does it make to close it down and go get one of those fantastic lower paying jobs that your going to be unhappy at....? Think about what your saying....which is essentially that to "save" what you have...your willing to give it ALL away now...

If your scared....call 911!.

KK

if you are referring to me I am not sir DONT REALLY APPRECIATED YOUR SMART ASS REMARK I will due just fine if it closes and kk when you get 1100 dollars in your pension if your lucky down the road good luck but if my memory serves me right arnt you a Hoffa support there's the biggest problem this union has ever had members who voted for Hoffa he sits and throws darts at his dad saying everyday I will destroy what his dad built

to the no voters that is your right I could as well but I believe that the only thing to consider..... if I could find a better job..... leave ............ I have been looking for years with no luck nothing that compares to the total package

I guess I could be selfish vote no cause I am fortunate to really have no debt....... a wife with a good job and almost as good of insurance as here.....90/10 for 168 a month so I will be ok

but as someone who understands the finance of this company .......the history of why we are here today over the last 20 years all the union ltl close there doors one by one........... we cant compete against the nons they don't have the legacy costs or prohibitive work rules

I am considering the people who it will affect and thats a lot of people at this company......... union and non........... also ........... all the vendors, motels, business around the terminals that dUe business with us MOST wont survive ,,,,,, ALSO THE CURRENT RETIRES......AND then current workers.......... HOW MANY HAVE TOLD ME THEY NEED 2 OR 3 OR 4 OR 5 MORE YEARS TO GET TO 20 /25/30 or they have it but not old enough yet to collect it BECUASE DEPENDING ON WHERE YOUR PENSION IS GETTING TO THOSE BENCH MARKS CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFRENCE ON YOUR RETIREMENT FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE

SO IN CLOSING EVERYONE VOTES IN THEE BEST INTEREST..... AND IS IT IN A SELFISH REASON WHATS GOOD FOR YOU AND NOT EVERYONE ELSE.........I HAVE TO CONSIDER THE WHOLE PICTURE .......NOT MY PICTURE.......... BECUASE I AM FREE TO QUITE AT ANYTIME IF I DONT LIKE IT HERE, AND THINK I CAN DO BETTER ELSE WHERE....

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY.......

.I GUESS MAYBE BECUASE I REMEBER WHAT ITS LIKE TO WORK SOME WHERE NON UNION THIS STILL IS BETTERT tHEN 90 % OF THE JOBS

GO ASK THE LAID OFF GUYS who WENT TO WORK SOME WHERE ELSE I BET THEY LOVE BIENG BACK AND DONT TAKE THERE JOB FOR GRANTED AT YRCW

we have to run like a well oiled machine and we are not because of management and are work rules and some of coworkers who talk more then work

we got here buy both sides dropping the ball and union leadership from Hoffa and the boys who are a joke and lack of of teamsters that vote , go to meetings etc

your union is only is as good as your membership and are members suck they are in it for there selves..............

Agree cellblock , I have 22 years with this company and was laid off.I now work for a non union company but to be honest the cut in pay at a non union company is much better than having to listen to so called union brothers that fight on this forum everyday. The day will come when they do not have this job and it may be very soon!!!!! Some of you need to get a life and take some of the blame for this disaster.I for one remember teamster brothers taking hour lunches and 45 minute breaks while they claim to be doing a good job running 2 bills an hour!!!!! This is pathetic we should all be ashamed of what this company has become and YES that is both management and union!!!!!!!!

iQuote Originally Posted by yrcslave View Post

JP Morgan needs pricks like you .......................... no cause I have a heart and wouldn't screw the working man for my own personal gain I wasn't raised that way so I wouldn't work for jp morgan

secondly I have been the first person to drop a trip to let a junior guy get his health and welfare paid for the week so he could get his kids there meds not many of our members would

Last edited by a moderator:
iQuote Originally Posted by yrcslave View Post

JP Morgan needs pricks like you .......................... no cause I have a heart and wouldn't screw the working man for my own personal gain I wasn't raised that way so I wouldn't work for jp morgan

secondly I would be the first person to drop a trip to let a junior guy get his health and welfare paid for the week not many of our members would

For any junior guy? To be honest there are a few I might do that for....but the majority no. The whole idea behind seniority isn't to guilt trip the guys who have their time in. We're all working class and had to climb the seniority ladder.

if you are referring to me I am not sir DONT REALLY APPRECIATED YOUR SMART ASS REMARK I will due just fine if it closes and kk when you get 1100 dollars in your pension if your lucky down the road good luck but if my memory serves me right arnt you a Hoffa support there's the biggest problem this union has ever had members who voted for Hoffa he sits and throws darts at his dad saying everyday I will destroy what his dad built

to the no voters that is your right I could as well but I believe that the only thing to consider..... if I could find a better job..... leave ............ I have been looking for years with no luck nothing that compares to the total package

I guess I could be selfish vote no cause I am fortunate to really have no debt....... a wife with a good job and almost as good of insurance as here.....90/10 for 168 a month so I will be ok

but as someone who understands the finance of this company .......the history of why we are here today over the last 20 years all the union ltl close there doors one by one........... we cant compete against the nons they don't have the legacy costs or prohibitive work rules

I am considering the people who it will affect and thats a lot of people at this company......... union and non........... also ........... all the vendors, motels, business around the terminals that dUe business with us MOST wont survive ,,,,,, ALSO THE CURRENT RETIRES......AND then current workers.......... HOW MANY HAVE TOLD ME THEY NEED 2 OR 3 OR 4 OR 5 MORE YEARS TO GET TO 20 /25/30 or they have it but not old enough yet to collect it BECUASE DEPENDING ON WHERE YOUR PENSION IS GETTING TO THOSE BENCH MARKS CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFRENCE ON YOUR RETIREMENT FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE

SO IN CLOSING EVERYONE VOTES IN THEE BEST INTEREST..... AND IS IT IN A SELFISH REASON WHATS GOOD FOR YOU AND NOT EVERYONE ELSE.........I HAVE TO CONSIDER THE WHOLE PICTURE .......NOT MY PICTURE.......... BECUASE I AM FREE TO QUITE AT ANYTIME IF I DONT LIKE IT HERE, AND THINK I CAN DO BETTER ELSE WHERE....

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY.......

.I GUESS MAYBE BECUASE I REMEBER WHAT ITS LIKE TO WORK SOME WHERE NON UNION THIS STILL IS BETTERT tHEN 90 % OF THE JOBS

GO ASK THE LAID OFF GUYS who WENT TO WORK SOME WHERE ELSE I BET THEY LOVE BIENG BACK AND DONT TAKE THERE JOB FOR GRANTED AT YRCW

we have to run like a well oiled machine and we are not because of management and are work rules and some of coworkers who talk more then work

we got here buy both sides dropping the ball and union leadership from Hoffa and the boys who are a joke and lack of of teamsters that vote , go to meetings etc

your union is only is as good as your membership and are members suck they are in it for there selves..............

Nope did not mention you at all..just a general statement....but if the shoe fits then by all means lace that ***** up and wear it!....KK

Please do not fight each other. That is what Management and the high $$$$ people want.
It is more important you vote the way your heart and mind tell you too.
I see I was getting caught up in this too and I apologize if I upset anyone by the things I have said.
We should be thinking about ways to be more cost effective and how to keep our keepers in large sums of $$$$, so we can have a job.
Oh, by the way craigslist has several good paying jobs and there are some that are way below average, YES. Sounds like there are people that want me to make choices for them to tell them which are good and which are not. Get Real, man up and learn to make choices for your self.
I do not understand why people are afraid of change or think about their own agenda only.
Don't fight just vote and feel you all made the right choice or at least tried.

It amazes me that guys like Linedriver knows of all these good jobs he sees on craigs list and in papers knows they do not pay what he is making now , yet he is willing to give up on YRCW. Also assuming we are giving up our insurrance. I have not heard that anywhere

I said they COULD, illustrating the point that if this is voted in we are locked in until 2019 no matter what. I will not even consider anything unless there are SnapBack clauses and an oversight committee. I have enough common sense to know when someone's pissing on my leg and trying to convince me it's raining, you sir are a raging ass kisser!

For some one who obviously has a thing for Hunter S. Thompson your reading comprehension is questionable. It was just an example of what they could do and we would have no recourse. You say you voted no, but you have been cheering on the yes votes. Also, back to the HST admiration you have, are you trying to be ironic? HST advocated drugs, alcohol, violence, and insanity. He was opposed to Authoritarianism, but you seem to tow the company line ALOT. What the deal?

I can answer that one about Albag... Can I please answer that? LOL