Yellow | Word on a major Layoff?

I'm talking about the brand spanking new ones (LCV) tractors with 400 plus HP.The guys i run from New England to Buffalo that pull double bottoms seem to like them.They would know if anyone.

Docksteward, is this a total for 671 barn or just dockworkers? I hope it stops soon for all thats involved.
Yea that's the dock; 52. I'm thinking it's 15 or so in the yard and 11 line haul. I'm not sure about P+D........maybe 10-15 laid off. Spring and better freight levels can't get here soon enough. DS.

Spring and better freight levels........I know what your saying D.S. I am anxious to get back in the groove.......I was in your neck of the woods last week.....did some shows in Greensboro, Greenville and Raleigh.....was nice being in the warm part of the country :)

Spring and better freight levels........I know what your saying D.S. I am anxious to get back in the groove.......I was in your neck of the woods last week.....did some shows in Greensboro, Greenville and Raleigh.....was nice being in the warm part of the country :)
I don't know about 'warm', maybe not as cold!!:1036316054:

Sorry I missed you in GB. Maybe next time. DS.

I'm talking about the brand spanking new ones (LCV) tractors with 400 plus HP.The guys i run from New England to Buffalo that pull double bottoms seem to like them.They would know if anyone.

the lcv tractors that come to 135 are to only be ran back to new england and buffalo. we are not supposed to hook to any other points. kinda like our eastern triples tractors only go to chicago or x32. no one past west of buffalo will ever see a lcv unit. the last on i saw at 135 came in on a wrecker with a broken drive shaft.

7 more laid off (including me) as of Saturday night at midnight at 321.

What is the total lay-ed off at 321? I am a lay-ed off road driver from yellow in IND. we have about 45 drivers on hard lay-off and another 5 on a soft lay-off.:nutkick:I do knot know about the city/dock side. :hide:

What is the total lay-ed off at 321? I am a lay-ed off road driver from yellow in IND. we have about 45 drivers on hard lay-off and another 5 on a soft lay-off.:nutkick:I do knot know about the city/dock side. :hide:

We have a 175 man board. That makes about 25 laid off. No idea on city/dock.
So I guess don't call Yellow to see if there are any openings:hysterical:

4 dock/p&d laidoff as of 1/5.
We now have 102 working seniority, with many laidoff but can sign up for work if they wish.
One year ago seniority was about 170 ish.

None of the 52 dock men laid off at 671 are being called for work. Plenty of OT for those left on regular, though. DS.

10 more linehaul drivers laid off at 135

As of tonight at midnight, there cutting 10 more at 135 on the linehaul side. They told them yesterday afternoon. This brings us to 40 out of 298 (road board seniority) laid off, which is 13.5%, if you're wondering.

Guess it's time to go elsewhere to make money.

3 more road drivers laid off Saturday at 342.

Total of 7 road drivers.

3 more road drivers laid off Saturday at 342.

Total of 7 road drivers.

Well that will make some drivers happy! :toxic:

Man, the fireworks are going to keep on flying at 342....What happen to the rail protection at 342?

Also members at 342 need to stand up to what managment is doing by allowing foreign power to come to our terminal, and then nothing is being done, Brothers and Sisters you must stand up for the rights that others have worked so hard to get, start filing paperwork for each run around that occurs or every violation....also the word needs to be put out not to work any more than have to, so we can get more guys back to work.