TForce | Wow just shove it in our face!!!!

Don't worry Bro. If I start feeling like that I will pass torch. But nobody else wants it. There is one other that is line haul Stewart along with me. If I quit then he will have it all on his shoulders. So all we can do is our best. Time will tell!:1036316054:
OK that makes me feel better. I hope that as time goes by your brothers will step up and embrace the Union lifestyle. I wish I was just hired on cuz I would jump in with you and let everyone know how good it CAN be. Best of luck Skeeter. SHOEMAN watching..........

2358237541_1e1cf18e2d_o.jpg

Glad you wasted your time for this...I have it and read it so what is your point here?????Whose side do you REALY belong to?????

We have contractors coming from down south pulling OUR pups to Portland. There was one that dropped and picked in Fresno and the Sacramento before continuing to Portland. This is happening a lot and going south out of Portland also. This garbage of a company laid all our Fresno and Medford drivers off. The put on 3 or so teams and the bulk of it is now contract. By the way UPS are champs on this and the contract permits it. So all I can say is the higher seniority drivers that are left will have a crappy run. The lower seniority drivers better do like so many have already done up north. Quit and go to Estes, Saia, OD companies they can make a decent living with.:1036316054::hide:

We lost 4 or 5 people to Estes this month...

Where does it allow it???? I do not see it.....Only if there is no one there or facilty or equipment....Then it has to be given to a union driver if it continues....I am done and file a grievance on EVERY on that is not part of this company....You all can sit on your hands and say that it is allowed....And I say.....B^&l S(*t I am not laying down....

At first I thought the use of contractors was a large hub issue, well today a contractor from MC of A (Mail Contractors of America) brought in a set of mt's and left with 2 loads. First time in many years I've ever seen a contractor on our yard, besides the Truckload Division's contractors...The loads the driver took out didn't originate at my terminal, which is an E-O-L service center. One UPSF's roaddrivers (probably from another terminal) dropped em on the yard sometime during the night for this contractor to take...

At first I thought the use of contractors was a large hub issue, well today a contractor from MC of A (Mail Contractors of America) brought in a set of mt's and left with 2 loads. First time in many years I've ever seen a contractor on our yard, besides the Truckload Division's contractors...The loads the driver took out didn't originate at my terminal, which is an E-O-L service center. One UPSF's roaddrivers (probably from another terminal) dropped em on the yard sometime during the night for this contractor to take...

If you guys are union yet, you need to file, every single driver at your barn needs to file on it.

the company can do anything they want to conduct their business, that includes leaving you at home and letting some gypo do your job.
does your contact have run around language in it? Love those back stabbing teamsters.

the company can do anything they want to conduct their business, that includes leaving you at home and letting some gypo do your job.
does your contact have run around language in it? Love those back stabbing teamsters.

Has nothing to do with run around. But you are right about one thing. The contract is worded in such a way that it makes it easy to use all the contract carriers they want. Just say there's no return freight and it's a green light. All we can do is band together as a company. UPS understands that. If we don't all band together then take the crumbs or look for another job. Pretty simple...:funky:

Do a system wide slow down. That will get their attention.

UPS has not got as big as they are by being dumb busines people.

They are one global company that knows how to squeeze their pennys.

With that said,they have a track record of doing whats best for the company,and turning a profit, is their main goal.

Yes people are at the core of their sucess.

But all us old Overniter's learned right quick that they were true to the old saying.
"UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping".

Looking back we really had it good working for Overnite.
But the thing is you may be able to look back at easier times.
You can never go back to those days.

Moving forward you have to do your best being UPS among the elite drivers in the transportation industry.

UPS is going to do whatever they can do to make a buck,contract,or no contract they will do what they have to do to be profitable.

Thats why its so very important to work with your union rep.'s and make sure the wording in your contract is in the employees best interests when this one runs out.

Your all green horns as Teamsters,this contract is your foundation to build on.
The next time around you all will be more savvy to how the process works,and do better on the workers end.

Well I hope that all made sense,its just me throwing my 2 cents in here as an old Teamster,and former UPS Freight co-worker.

Overnite, . . . In the second paragraph of the Article 44 language you posted, it says the employer can continue two Past Practices. If these practices aren't defined precisely elsewhere, then they can be grieved to some extent in order to restrict their scope as much as possible.

But what really jumped out at me is that the two practices are connected by the word "or." If this language is the final, official version of the signed contract, then apparently UPS can only continue one of the practices, or the other, but not both. That's what "or" means. An honest arbitrator would say UPS gets to pick which practice it will continue, but it can only pick one. If it wanted both, it should have insisted on the word "and."

up seattle wa. we are taking names and number of trailer coming in an out of are terminal by contractor pulling loaded out of seattle .so we be a list to are unoin rep. and he working on it!!!

Contractors

From what I've heard, regional Overnite management seems to believe that they can run a contractor from point A to point B as long as they do not immediately return him to point A. That is why we have contractors basically running wild.

UPS labor guys who have been at some of the meetings have told Overnite management that they will lose these grievances. So by all means, log all trailer numbers and forward that information to your local hall. Stewards, you should request a daily log of all line-haul moves so that you do not miss any.

Fortunately this is one that the union will pick up and work on as it benefits them directly in terms of new hires. Our business agent and regional labor guy agreed to just drop the overtime issue for road drivers. It clearly was in both parties best interest to not pursue that... Apparently what is our best interest doesn't really matter unless they see a benefit as well. It is what it is, I guess.

But lets get this contractor thing fixed!!!

From what I've heard, regional Overnite management seems to believe that they can run a contractor from point A to point B as long as they do not immediately return him to point A. That is why we have contractors basically running wild.

UPS labor guys who have been at some of the meetings have told Overnite management that they will lose these grievances. So by all means, log all trailer numbers and forward that information to your local hall. Stewards, you should request a daily log of all line-haul moves so that you do not miss any.

Fortunately this is one that the union will pick up and work on as it benefits them directly in terms of new hires. Our business agent and regional labor guy agreed to just drop the overtime issue for road drivers. It clearly was in both parties best interest to not pursue that... Apparently what is our best interest doesn't really matter unless they see a benefit as well. It is what it is, I guess.

But lets get this contractor thing fixed!!!

In addition to contractors under article 44, everyone should be flooding their terminals with grievences under Article 23 Section 1 Paragraph C., which requires the company to keep sign in and out logs. With these logs it will be much easier to back up Article 44 grievences. However, it will mean that drivers will have to keep watch when a contractor comes into their yard, to make sure they sign the log. Dont let the dispatcher or supervisor sign for their loads until the log is filled out.