XPO | Xin signing cards?

Some of that is " spiders ". But yep. They know. And Jeff has repeatedly said that all the major carriers view the site.
When we were having the vote at yrcw companies, Jeff showed the IP traffic to the site. The amount coming from Overland Park Kansas (HQ) was the highest. They ARE watching

It sickens me to agree with an extra sweet blue kool-aid drinker as yourself, nothing is happing or will it happen up here, we our making more then the union ltl carriers up here and won't upset our gravy train.

You guys keep saying you make more but where's it at. I work at ABF 23 hour,Full paid medical with 10 dollar copays at 100% coverage after that, 100 hospital visit with 100% coverage after that, Dental is 2000 year 100% coverage of what the plan pays out not what the dentist charges. Pension is 8.32hour and our pension fund is in excellent shape so I don't want to hear its not going to be there BS. So where 23hour plus 7.80 hour health and welfare, plus 8.32 hour pension. 39.12 hour Plus we get 5 personal and 4 sick days. UPS freight is at 26 and change hour. So lets here your breakdown?

I don't know who's making more..I've lost a lot working here.everyone working here knows the break down..so many of us have different pays. I know over the last 22 yrs our top scale has only increased $6.00 that's only about 27 cents a year for over 20 years.i still think I make a good living here I just wish we could get past the other bus.seniority,work rules,treating fairly with respect,asking to go home after 10 plus hrs,asking to go to the bathroom.course they did tell us the other day that this company does not allow breaks except for lunch.if you argue with mgt you have to be very careful that they don't get you for insubordination. There is a fine line. There are lots op people that know all the problems here but just trying to finish ther time out I can't blame them.Just keep doing the rite thing

whatever the outcome of a complicated issue someone is alway trying to cause havoc or scamming to move up the ladder just to gain a spot on the totem pole of rank , I see this all the time and it's like a bomb shell goes off when people have different ideas, more or less there was a lot of emotion flowing at XCO and just like LTU , it was either get with the program or get singled out ... And believe me ltu was the king of squeal and unfortunately a lot of good men wound up on the wrong end of the issue that wasn't even involved,
Sad to say !

It's sad what people will do. But look at this world we are living in. The whole thing is a mess. I wouldn't expect less.

I don't know who's making more..I've lost a lot working here.everyone working here knows the break down..so many of us have different pays. I know over the last 22 yrs our top scale has only increased $6.00 that's only about 27 cents a year for over 20 years.i still think I make a good living here I just wish we could get past the other bus.seniority,work rules,treating fairly with respect,asking to go home after 10 plus hrs,asking to go to the bathroom.course they did tell us the other day that this company does not allow breaks except for lunch.if you argue with mgt you have to be very careful that they don't get you for insubordination. There is a fine line. There are lots op people that know all the problems here but just trying to finish ther time out I can't blame them.Just keep doing the rite thing

Exactly. Breaking down is complicated. You have a contract you can read that tells you everything. We don't have that. And so the information is scattered and different barn to barn.

We have a lot of guys with less than five years to go. And that's system wide. When they gone this company will never be the same.

You guys keep saying you make more but where's it at. I work at ABF 23 hour,Full paid medical with 10 dollar copays at 100% coverage after that, 100 hospital visit with 100% coverage after that, Dental is 2000 year 100% coverage of what the plan pays out not what the dentist charges. Pension is 8.32hour and our pension fund is in excellent shape so I don't want to hear its not going to be there BS. So where 23hour plus 7.80 hour health and welfare, plus 8.32 hour pension. 39.12 hour Plus we get 5 personal and 4 sick days. UPS freight is at 26 and change hour. So lets here your breakdown?

More money is $25 an hour with OT after 8.

I don't use the health care very often. It's something like $7 a week. And in my plan I have a HSA? I think ? The first $1500 is free, well paid for with the $7. And I have yet to go over that. With the ACA all plans have minimums and maximums. I have no idea what mine are. I don't go to the dentist. I know my teeth will fall out and that's sad. But it scares me ****less to go and have someone drilling in my head. Anyway, for the last 6 years I worked here I have paid $7 dollars a week for health care.

Retirement is 401K with a small match. Works out to a fraction over $1 an hour if I work 50 hours. Which is about what I average on a year. I have a partial pension with the Teamsters and you don't need to tell me the horrible shape it's in, I already know. Thanks.

And we get 3 weeks worth of paid time off. 4 after 8 years. Really wish those numbers were bigger. They are the ones that mean the most to me.

But you have to understand. I don't want to work for ABF. And wouldn't if offered. What is that worth ?

The only reason this company pays as much as they do is because of the union. This was the first thing out of the regional HR guy's mouth when hired me. "They try to stay a little bit ahead of the union just to keep them out"

And now this last raise was only due to the fact that everyone has started jumping ship for other companies. My barn hasn't had a lot of turnover, so we automatically get screwed while the Chicago guys get $1.30+ an hour raise. Makes perfect sense...

This company pays well, I'll give them that. Unfortunately that's the ONLY thing I will give them. They can't do anything else right. The management team is now anti-driver, and apparently also anti-common sense.

As far as union/non-union, I could take it or leave it. I do think it's the only thing that could possibly have any kind of positive effect on management at this place. The college boys are so deep into themselves and their idiotic policies that they can't even see that's exactly what is driving everyone away from this place and running morale into the ground.

I'm not going to be here much longer so it doesn't really matter, but I'd gladly sign a card...

The only reason this company pays as much as they do is because of the union. This was the first thing out of the regional HR guy's mouth when hired me. "They try to stay a little bit ahead of the union just to keep them out"

And now this last raise was only due to the fact that everyone has started jumping ship for other companies. My barn hasn't had a lot of turnover, so we automatically get screwed while the Chicago guys get $1.30+ an hour raise. Makes perfect sense...

This company pays well, I'll give them that. Unfortunately that's the ONLY thing I will give them. They can't do anything else right. The management team is now anti-driver, and apparently also anti-common sense.

As far as union/non-union, I could take it or leave it. I do think it's the only thing that could possibly have any kind of positive effect on management at this place. The college boys are so deep into themselves and their idiotic policies that they can't even see that's exactly what is driving everyone away from this place and running morale into the ground.

I'm not going to be here much longer so it doesn't really matter, but I'd gladly sign a card...

Well put. I am good for one no vote. But really, this company brought it on themselves. If it happens they got no one to blame.

Well put. I am good for one no vote. But really, this company brought it on themselves. If it happens they got no one to blame.
I've seen you post this before. "The company brought it on themselves" and other various negatives. What would you do to make it better for the drivers? And dont say get a job somewhere else?

I'm good for a YES vote because there is 100% certainty that a NO vote will not change anything, and this place will continue it's decent into the crapper.

What's the chances that a YES vote will change things? IMO much better than the chances with a NO vote...

I'm good for a YES vote because there is 100% certainty that a NO vote will not change anything, and this place will continue it's decent into the crapper.

What's the chances that a YES vote will change things? IMO much better than the chances with a NO vote...

You have way to much faith in that union. Go read the YRC board for a minute.

In my opinion we are F'd if we do and F'd if we don't.

And in my neck of the woods, union jobs are plentiful. I know better than to believe in fairy tails.

The solution, as many of our drivers have already figured out, is a change of scenery.

I've seen you post this before. "The company brought it on themselves" and other various negatives. What would you do to make it better for the drivers? And dont say get a job somewhere else?

Time machine. At this point there is no digging out from under the damage that has been done.

And in my neck of the woods, union jobs are plentiful. I know better than to believe in fairy tails.

The solution, as many of our drivers have already figured out, is a change of scenery.
It's all about perspective. I have a lot more faith in the union than I do in the idiots that run this place. Neither of which a big statement. But I say all this from the position of a person that has already made the decision to jump ship and go elsewhere after wasting 5.5 years getting to top pay.

There's also the example of Overnight/UPSF, which went union and is now the best paid LTL company with one of the best contracts out there and has almost NO turnover.

No, I don't think going union would be the worst thing to happen to us by a long shot...

Just think if they went it would force them to think before they made a decision knowing it mite cost them

Yeah, but think about what ? How to make this company better ? They don't do that now.

They will just spent their time trying to think of ways to outsmart the union.

It's all about perspective. I have a lot more faith in the union than I do in the idiots that run this place. Neither of which a big statement. But I say all this from the position of a person that has already made the decision to jump ship and go elsewhere after wasting 5.5 years getting to top pay.

There's also the example of Overnight/UPSF, which went union and is now the best paid LTL company with one of the best contracts out there and has almost NO turnover.

No, I don't think going union would be the worst thing to happen to us by a long shot...

The grass isn't green over there. It's brown. A lot of Overnite guys left after being bought and a bunch more when they told them they had to go union or leave.

You better have military experience to work there. They are sticklers about everything.

The guy on my route says he has 4 more years. A lot of those guys sound a lot like our senior guys.

The senior guys at any company are counting the days until they can pull the pin,.....

I have 20 years to go and can't wait to be done,....

Heck, I might go sooner, Who knows????

What would YRC have to do with a Conway contract? Completely different company and it would be a different contract. Remember all first contracts are the best but i'm almost positive it's better than what you have now. AND THAT'S A PROMISE!

The grass isn't green over there. It's brown. A lot of Overnite guys left after being bought and a bunch more when they told them they had to go union or leave.

You better have military experience to work there. They are sticklers about everything.

The guy on my route says he has 4 more years. A lot of those guys sound a lot like our senior guys.
And you know that how? How would you know that he'd better have military experience to work there? Best company to work for by far, good benefits, great pay, by the end of their current contract they will be close to 30.00 an hour. Not bad for a union company eh?
Another thing you failed to mention on your post is that they are PROTECTED by a union contract. A nationwide contract at that! So your little comment about them being sticklers about everything is bogus, you must be talking about Conway right?

The senior guys at any company are counting the days until they can pull the pin,.....

I have 20 years to go and can't wait to be done,....

Heck, I might go sooner, Who knows????

No doubt. I guess that I was saying some people are more or less trapped. As starting over for two or three years of work doesn't make any sense.