XPO | xnh files for union represantation

Companies owned the lanes and could set the pricing. They don't and can't now.

Wake up. You said you were there. Don't you remember?

conway never enjoyed that. why did they offer free insurance, ot after 8, and a pension? not because of a gov regulated environment. it was because they didnt want drivers joining the union, which sets the standards for the industry.

You don't have a point.

Competition drives compensation. Con-way used to keep up with the union LTLs. Now they gotta keep up with OD.

Times have changed.

wrong, you are once AGAIN doxging my point. union density is what kept drivers wages where they were, you tried to lie and say it was regulation.

i got news for you, look up brown or thurston, they were a regulation era carrier, they NEVER paid close to union wages. l

wrong, you are once AGAIN doxging my point. union density is what kept drivers wages where they were, you tried to lie and say it was regulation.

i got news for you, look up brown or thurston, they were a regulation era carrier, they NEVER paid close to union wages. l
Thurston was not union here but Brown had a in house union which was a total wast . I think the CEO of Brown was the president of their union . It was a union set up by the company to keep a real union from coming in . That's the story I got from the so call steward at Brown years ago .

the only way to stop these BAD people who are running Con-Way into the dirt is to keep signing cards and they will get Fired. I have been around since 1989 and have seen it all and heard it all and the powers to be do not like it when cards get signed and things will start to happen. I vote for Old D because that's where my wife had to go to work after her CSR job got dropped to part time after 10 years of service and she left and now is doing outbound FOS and sales for Old D and LOVES IT EVERY DAMN DAY SHE IS AWAY FROM CON WAY UMO AD SEAN THE JERK OF A MGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and she takes UMO customers away from them every week now because she is the BEST CSR in Southern Oregon and the customers follow her and he new boss Loves it. It has opened doors for him to get freight just by saying her name. Heidi is now working for me at Old D and they say come on in. When will con way learn, for my wife I hope never, makes her look good everyday

Thurston was not union here but Brown had a in house union which was a total wast . I think the CEO of Brown was the president of their union . It was a union set up by the company to keep a real union from coming in . That's the story I got from the so call steward at Brown years ago .

thats what i mean, it wasnt regulation that kept wages and standards high, its the teamsters. but hey, dont tell highspeeds that, he doesnt want to hear it.....

the only way to stop these BAD people who are running Con-Way into the dirt is to keep signing cards and they will get Fired. I have been around since 1989 and have seen it all and heard it all and the powers to be do not like it when cards get signed and things will start to happen. I vote for Old D because that's where my wife had to go to work after her CSR job got dropped to part time after 10 years of service and she left and now is doing outbound FOS and sales for Old D and LOVES IT EVERY DAMN DAY SHE IS AWAY FROM CON WAY UMO AD SEAN THE JERK OF A MGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and she takes UMO customers away from them every week now because she is the BEST CSR in Southern Oregon and the customers follow her and he new boss Loves it. It has opened doors for him to get freight just by saying her name. Heidi is now working for me at Old D and they say come on in. When will con way learn, for my wife I hope never, makes her look good everyday

I hate to hear Con-way lost such a good employee...
Do they not value CSR's anymore?

Sounds like that raise pitch was strategic convict. This was a premeditated plan to turn the workers against each other knowing all along the raise won't be implemented. " sorry guys, we can't give any raises until the organzation drive has stopped"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like that raise pitch was strategic convict. This was a premeditated plan to turn the workers against each other knowing all along the raise won't be implemented. " sorry guys, we can't give any raises until the organzation drive has stopped"
Seems that way to me as well , promise a little bump in pay on the grounds for feeling hopeful in the future all to quiet the union talk.
January is still a couple months away and most of these guys are ecstatic about the 'raise' that they don't even have yet, I'm sure most are already charging up the credit cards before the money is in hand. This is just amazing promising something well never get and these ya-hoos are in lala land with overwhelming emotion !

.....which will create contempt for the union. They won't say it but "It's the union's fault" will be implied.

Opinions can say driver shortage and lack of monkeys that can back a truck into a dock without tearing a mirror off but I know for a fact that when I was hired I was compensated union scale and whatever they are reaching into their pockets for now is that same respect... They could afford union scale then but can't now or aren't afraid of one? It's been said, conway never needed a union, can we look at ourselves and say that now?

Change Conway To Win

and to think this is the beginning of bigger things to come

I work at fedex and you are correct. once we all come together and the only way we can come together at this point and time is to have union reparation. because corporate America don't give a rat's ass about us only them. if we all stand together no way corporate America can push us around anymore. yea yea yea heard this a thousand times go somewhere else. WHY I ask you WHERE we can stay right where we are have better job security and better benefits. we all earned it why not go get it. most guys at fedex are pulling for you and hope your doing the same for us. GO CONWAY GO TEAMSTERS UNITED WE PERVAIL DIVIDED WE FALL.

Seems that way to me as well , promise a little bump in pay on the grounds for feeling hopeful in the future all to quiet the union talk.
January is still a couple months away and most of these guys are ecstatic about the 'raise' that they don't even have yet, I'm sure most are already charging up the credit cards before the money is in hand. This is just amazing promising something well never get and these ya-hoos are in lala land with overwhelming emotion !
what will this small raise get ya anyway it gets conway a little breathing room is all