XPO | xnh files for union represantation

conway never enjoyed that. why did they offer free insurance, ot after 8, and a pension? not because of a gov regulated environment. it was because they didnt want drivers joining the union, which sets the standards for the industry.

This is correct. All these perks were setup to support the union free philosophy. This was also provided at a time where Conway was very profitable and had the BEST employees in the industry. And for as hard as those folks worked, taking care of the customer, living the values and going the extra mile every day...they deserved it...we deserved it.

Conway must learn that they cannot automate an LTL company. You can implement all the processess, SWI's, LEAN tools you want...but you can never replace the work that comes off the backs of our employees. There is no SWI for having character and work ethic...

They hired into this job knowing full and well it was not a union shop. They did that.

If they want to work for a union line. They should go do that.

They hired on with a company that treated them with respect, didn't change the rules daily, were promised a pension and health insurance that was paid for. That's been taken away. How is that a driver's fault? Why should he give up his spot he's earned through years of service?

They hired on with a company that treated them with respect, didn't change the rules daily, were promised a pension and health insurance that was paid for. That's been taken away. How is that a driver's fault? Why should he give up his spot he's earned through years of service?

Why did you leave ? Probably because you felt it wasn't worth staying ?

Every day we show up to work is a vote for them to do as they do.

Taking that CDL to a competitor is the only way to hit them where it hurts.

Is there anyone left on this forum that actually works here ? Upnorth, beerfd, myself..... Who else ?
just ignore them. As guests to this forum, they should know to post with a little politeness. Sadly, the union talk is such a heated issue, it polarizes both sides of the issue, and emotions run high.

I would like to remind everyone who does not work here, and are just coming here to stir **** up, you have been noticed. Please act accordingly, and try to have constructive posts.

If you choose not to, that's fine. I'll deal with it accordingly.

Is there anyone left on this forum that actually works here ?

Upnorth, beerfd, myself..... Who else ?

Define "work". I would at least earn one of these...

RIB1-PAR.jpg

just ignore them. As guests to this forum, they should know to post with a little politeness. Sadly, the union talk is such a heated issue, it polarizes both sides of the issue, and emotions run high.

I would like to remind everyone who does not work here, and are just coming here to stir **** up, you have been noticed. Please act accordingly, and try to have constructive posts.

If you choose not to, that's fine. I'll deal with it accordingly.
So one of the perks of being a Conway employee is you get to call other members names....lol

Is there anyone left on this forum that actually works here ?

Upnorth, beerfd, myself..... Who else ?

I've worked here for almost twenty one years. I bled brown and orange. I feel that myself and many others have built this place from a regional carrier to the monster it is today. I also feel that the current executive staff that we have in place does not care about the workforce. We are entirely to top heavy, with a lot of these people trying to justify there jobs. Do you think it's a coincidence that based on our location are troubles became very real during the auto mfg crisis. I'm not pro or anti union. I will support whatever will make us innovative again. Lean is not the solution. We need freight people running this freight company. At this point our service ( which is our product) is sub par. The workforce that we are hiring is sub par. Everyone thinks it's all about price. Many customers are willing to pay for the peace of mind knowing that caring pros are handling there goods. At this point I've had $4000 of earned vacation stolen from me.
I've had well over $500k of pension stolen from me. And for all that says just leave if your not happy I say BS. individuals like us built this. Not those that are in charge now. They need to leave. We need to re engage our people and work to make it what it should be. I'm sick of following the competition. We need to be the leader again.

Explain the first sentence.

I know the anwer youve given to that type of thing is "I know ya are. But what am I?"

Ill give you a chance to explain

You are trash. Don't speak for me.

I saw the vote results. As did everyone. Apartently it was greater than landing on the moon. Whatever.

I wish everyone at FedEx the best. I will not support any union at Con-way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've worked here for almost twenty one years. I bled brown and orange. I feel that myself and many others have built this place from a regional carrier to the monster it is today. I also feel that the current executive staff that we have in place does not care about the workforce. We are entirely to top heavy, with a lot of these people trying to justify there jobs. Do you think it's a coincidence that based on our location are troubles became very real during the auto mfg crisis. I'm not pro or anti union. I will support whatever will make us innovative again. Lean is not the solution. We need freight people running this freight company. At this point our service ( which is our product) is sub par. The workforce that we are hiring is sub par. Everyone thinks it's all about price. Many customers are willing to pay for the peace of mind knowing that caring pros are handling there goods. At this point I've had $4000 of earned vacation stolen from me.
I've had well over $500k of pension stolen from me. And for all that says just leave if your not happy I say BS. individuals like us built this. Not those that are in charge now. They need to leave. We need to re engage our people and work to make it what it should be. I'm sick of following the competition. We need to be the leader again.

Good post. Suggest you consider organization as the solution.You will get back some, if not much of what we lost and their labor issues will be simplified so they can focus on moving freight. We were once the best at it, all the while compensating the workforce at the highest levels.