XPO | XPO Sighting

Wait until the city guys get a hold off it, it will look used real quick

Well... what do u expect WK ... that's us p&d guys' job? We have to break these new units in...give them some character and uniqueness. When we city guys have to go down country back roads, unlike wide open roads, that look like tunnels cause of all the untrimmed tree branches and limbs, things get that used look real quick. But hey...we make service for all the company's residentials. What more could you ask for, right? lol

:479:
Well... what do u expect WK ... that's us p&d guys' job? We have to break these new units in...give them some character and uniqueness. When we city guys have to go down country back roads, unlike wide open roads, that look like tunnels cause of all the untrimmed tree branches and limbs, things get that used look real quick. But hey...we make service for all the company's residentials. What more could you ask for, right? lol
Absolutely, I take my welding helmet off to you guys, you are right.

Get Ready because there are a lot more residential's coming your way...

Get Ready because there are a lot more residential's coming your way...

More residentials ????:omg i gets present by droneguard 1:

mc-tdwirefire02-070111-td-tif.jpg

th

Residential is a money loser, set appointments, try to schedule route to accommodate delivery, trying to collect funds, dealing with lift gate charges because it's not included in original set up, miss pickups while dealing with delivery, put on wrong size truck, put on truck w/o lift gate, meeting another driver to transfer freight to service it, customer wants it in basement or second floor, customer was told it was inside delivery, customer was told you would take the old one.....

Residential is a money loser, set appointments, try to schedule route to accommodate delivery, trying to collect funds, dealing with lift gate charges because it's not included in original set up, miss pickups while dealing with delivery, put on wrong size truck, put on truck w/o lift gate, meeting another driver to transfer freight to service it, customer wants it in basement or second floor, customer was told it was inside delivery, customer was told you would take the old one.....
These are all REAL problems that can be avoided through good management and planning - at least most of these.

If you are a P&D driver and you see a residential on your route , you read the DR and look for issues , you Google Maps the address , you get the packing slip , you call the customer yourself and explain how big your truck is and how heavy the freight is - this usually nips most problems in the bud.

These are all REAL problems that can be avoided through good management and planning - at least most of these.

If you are a P&D driver and you see a residential on your route , you read the DR and look for issues , you Google Maps the address , you get the packing slip , you call the customer yourself and explain how big your truck is and how heavy the freight is - this usually nips most problems in the bud.
This post earned a "like" from me because you're exactly right. But I still hate residential deliveries and the risks associated with them.

LAST MILE will be doing most of the residential's, we will be taking it to XPO re-distribution centers, I think that is what they call them. But we will be doing more as long as it doesn't have to be set up

A problem like this? You ring the doorbell, door opens and a 5' 2" 190 lb lady answers wearing only a see thru nightshirt with nothing under it. You smile and say you have her delivery. She said OK doll Face, bring it up into the bedroom and I will tip you big time. Now you want to call dispatch?