XPO | XPO Sighting

well we had a sterling road unit with 1.6 million miles and a sterling city with 700k when they got retired city truck was pure junk, road truck could have been used for a few more years it looked and performed better so is cheaper better plus i cant haul 42k of paper with a city kitty no versatility. death to all city kitty's please
Yeah, we have Re-furbs

well we had a sterling road unit with 1.6 million miles and a sterling city with 700k when they got retired city truck was pure junk, road truck could have been used for a few more years it looked and performed better so is cheaper better plus i cant haul 42k of paper with a city kitty no versatility. death to all city kitty's please
also forgot to mention city truck was 3yrs newer as well

That's been said before when we did the switch from Sterlings to Freightliners. The cost difference in a city ( light duty ) unit and a road ( heavy duty ) unit is a decent amount of money. A city unit is around $70,000 and a road unit is around $100,000. Also , think of the service life of a city unit versus a road unit. City unit can hang around a lot longer than a road unit , uses less fuel , and has less electronics.

The light duty trucks also produce significantly less emissions. Which is important in certain states and municipalities.

Mr. Jacobs certainly is saving money on this rebrand. Notice no colorful side stripes on the lower portion of the XPO unit that the Conway unit has. I guess he's not about fancy prettiness, but about saving a buck... just like he said he'd do.

They can't put strips on it. XPO strips are Red and with the location of the Hazmat placards that would be illegal

A problem like this? You ring the doorbell, door opens and a 5' 2" 190 lb lady answers wearing only a see thru nightshirt with nothing under it. You smile and say you have her delivery. She said OK doll Face, bring it up into the bedroom and I will tip you big time. Now you want to call dispatch?

I would need to call dispatch after seeing a 5'2" 190lbs half naked woman I think I would be blind and would be unable to drive the truck.

They can't put strips on it. XPO strips are Red and with the location of the Hazmat placards that would be illegal

I don't think so. Con-way asked the government about the blue striping and their response was that it was considered a body color and not a "marking" that would make it illegal to have behind the placards. I assume red stripes would be the same thing.

I think it's as simple as Jacobs didn't want stripes- he wants his trailers, not Con-way trailers with different colors.

you wish you were this driver. brand new tractor (sticker in window), 2 brand new pups and only thing old is the conjob dolley
wTnF9rp.jpg

J5Dh9HE.jpg

jj9F4hB.jpg

You will never see this truck on the road except going between truck shows and TT competitions

I'd rather have an employer that puts that graphics money into my pay and benefits package versus the fancy graphics. Those graphics won't help feed a guy's family.

Remember when Conway was going to put advertisements on its trailers? Like Coca-cola would sign up and we'd repaint the trucks with their ad. That was talked about for a long time as extra revenue but I never saw a trailer with an ad.

No. I don't remember. I have very little knowledge of Conway's past. I only know what some friends that worked there used to tell me.

Remember when Conway was going to put advertisements on its trailers? Like Coca-cola would sign up and we'd repaint the trucks with their ad. That was talked about for a long time as extra revenue but I never saw a trailer with an ad.
I remember. Some of our 48 footers were fitted with transponders tracking their movement. In the end they claimed the project for them was killed because they did not cover enough territory since they were based. The transponders were installed on several trailers.

I asked Paul Lorensen once about that deal and what the hold up was - he said that Con-way was ready to do this deal but they could not find the executive at the company ( P&G ) that negotiated the deal with Con-way in the first place. Basically , it was as if he disappeared , according to Paul , so no deal. Weird.