XPO | XPO Sighting

Didn't see anything, wasn't me, what happened, What are you talking about? Etc....Deny Everything:poster oops: forgot about camera :busted:
For anyone that hooks a wire or takes down a telephone pole, I recommend accelerating once you've made contact, because with the truck under power and pulling hard, the camera might not get triggered.:hide:
:biglaugh:

you wish you were this driver. brand new tractor (sticker in window), 2 brand new pups and only thing old is the conjob dolley
wTnF9rp.jpg

J5Dh9HE.jpg

jj9F4hB.jpg

you wish you were this driver. brand new tractor (sticker in window), 2 brand new pups and only thing old is the conjob dolley
wTnF9rp.jpg

J5Dh9HE.jpg

jj9F4hB.jpg
Again , a really nice truck , but it is not meant to pull a set. It would be nice if the company took a look at the policy of making a linehaul driver take one of these when a PM is needed for terminals that have no shop.

If I'm going 65 mph ( with my foot in it ) pulling a single pup up a mild hill with 7,000 lbs. , I loose 5 to 10 miles an hour.
Last week on a flat stretch of highway pulling a 53ft'er with less than 4,000 lbs. , I could not hit 65mph ( with my foot in it ) because there was a mild head wind. Topped out at 55mph. Great truck. Not powerful.

I HATE backing up with the automatics. Hooking a set with one is not fun either.
They are to slow, hooking takes awhile to get used to I know, what I don't like is how slow they are taking off from a stop sign pulling out onto a road. I know you can use the manual, like on an old pick-up truck, but it's hard to get used too,. Plus, I keep putting my hand down to grab the gear shift, and it's not there....

They are to slow, hooking takes awhile to get used to I know, what I don't like is how slow they are taking off from a stop sign pulling out onto a road. I know you can use the manual, like on an old pick-up truck, but it's hard to get used too,. Plus, I keep putting my hand down to grab the gear shift, and it's not there....
if you work p&d, a city truck can get you 2k extra on your yearly earnings correct?if i was p&d i would demand a city kitty

I HATE backing up with the automatics. Hooking a set with one is not fun either.
I also catch myself trying to push in clutch, I got over that, but still catch myself grabbing for gear shifter..Plus I like to lay my hand/arm on gear shifter and not there, I like them once the cruise is on and going down road. But, yeah hooking isn't that fun, have to have foot on brake and in neutral before you can put in drive or reverse,if your in a hurry, forget about it..

Unless we get hammered in March and April with snow and freezing rain, weird being this warm in Jan almost Feb, I hope we escape this winter without some big storms
we are almost 100% green up UNBELIEVABLE! BIG STORM TONIGHT calling for an inch of snow

I heard that we were going to stop buying city units and only buy and use road units, more cost effective
That's been said before when we did the switch from Sterlings to Freightliners. The cost difference in a city ( light duty ) unit and a road ( heavy duty ) unit is a decent amount of money. A city unit is around $70,000 and a road unit is around $100,000. Also , think of the service life of a city unit versus a road unit. City unit can hang around a lot longer than a road unit , uses less fuel , and has less electronics.

That's been said before when we did the switch from Sterlings to Freightliners. The cost difference in a city ( light duty ) unit and a road ( heavy duty ) unit is a decent amount of money. A city unit is around $70,000 and a road unit is around $100,000. Also , think of the service life of a city unit versus a road unit. City unit can hang around a lot longer than a road unit , uses less fuel , and has less electronics.
Good point, guess that's why they haven't done it, I heard that a couple years ago

well we had a sterling road unit with 1.6 million miles and a sterling city with 700k when they got retired city truck was pure junk, road truck could have been used for a few more years it looked and performed better so is cheaper better plus i cant haul 42k of paper with a city kitty no versatility. death to all city kitty's please