XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's been well established that the company has been communicating more, not less, and not just about unions.

If you're not getting any information, maybe that should be something you put in your contract proposals.
?!?!? You have experienced MORE communication?!? REALLY?!? Wow!!!

With all the different opinions on here , I wonder how many people would agree with what you've posted?

I never said I was happy with the direction this company is taking, however, many on this site expressed that they were happy with the status quo. I understand a guy with only a year or two under his belt leaving, but what I can't understand is why a senior guy wouldn't want to take positive steps to secure his position, his seniority, his vacation time and his pay scale. Your answer is to run. My answer is to fight. If we run from XPO, what makes you think we won't be running from where ever it is we might end up. The current race is to the bottom and all companies will head that way if unions are destroyed.

You said " how much longer peace and contentment will last ". Which means you think it presently exists. Which is not the case in the opinions of the many who have left the company. And the guys that are leaving are of all seniority ranks. 20+ year guys have quit this place. Several at my barn. The positive steps they took were out the door.

And you can fight all you want. What makes you think it's worth fighting for ? And why does someone improving themselves and their family constitute running ? How is doing right by your family running away from anything ?

Because they were financially able to do so. YRC may not be there just yet. Any union will make the best possible deal based on the parameters of the company's financial position.

You trust that ? You think the union is capable of understanding any of it ? Or are they just there to get their cut of your paycheck ?

They reinstated that pay, but did no reimburse us, Plus we lost 2 yrs without any cola, which hurts us to this day.

You can argue semantics. Whatever. You know what I meant. They removed our wage reduction. YRC still has a wage reduction in place.

That's a poor excuse for being afraid to stand up for yourself. If you reject the Teamsters, why not choose another union to represent you. I believe you are one of us who said they are unhappy with the direction this company is going. Choose another union then!

I don't think you understand how many people have been let down by the Teamsters.

CF managed itself not Union. Poor management decisions doesn’t allow blame to be on Union.

That's right I keep forgetting. Your union has so much power, but you are all powerless. I have a hard time keeping up with which side of the mouth you are talking out of.

We had two senior guys leave for the Post Office. Can't say I blame them. The stories they tell about their compensation package and policy make us look sick by comparison. I can certainly understand why someone would make that move.

Then why do you call them cowards and say they are running ?

You know what else is a multimillion dollar industry? Administrating a union. Funny, that.

Why are unions willing to pay millions of dollars to convince content employees that they are unhappy and being cheated? But don't quit, just bring in this corrupt group of professional muckrakers to warn you about the sky falling with a bullhorn for the rest of your career. No thank you.
If 1.4 million members are making more overall and work protection in place at 2.5% of their hourly wage plus being tax deductible. Not a bad trade off compared to what their non union peers are receiving.

Those same professionals come from their craft and if the workers don’t like what they are receiving they can vote them out actually take those same jobs. Democracy plus everyone has a fair shot at it.

That doesn't make sense. If that's true, why are they shoveling money into a fire for XPO? Clearly most employees don't want it, yet here we are, spinning the wheels because someone keeps telling Hoffa that the XPO campaign is winnable.
Most are in fear or maybe some might be content or some have a false understanding of unions as a whole (high speed) in a certain craft. Give it time history repeats itself.

I don't know if ABF is a great example of "doing very well for their membership" after concessions, and UPS is an outlier at the top of the heap. Who are these "thousand" other union trucking companies that are thriving because of their union strength?

Yeah, before the internet, before global supply chains, before OSHA and Equal Opportunity Employers, before deregulation.

It's not 1946. That world is gone, and it's not coming back. You can't offer anything but campaign slogans, and those aren't worth much in 2018.
Yeah but agendas can be the same and the methods just evolve with time. Healthcare Corp and corporate America profit gains, working class gains more job, but wage growth is stagnant healthcare cost increases. Sounds familiar now right?

I didn't ask for a list of unions, I asked who are the thousand trucking companies that are thriving because of the strength of their union. If it's not trucking, it doesn't matter what they're doing. Apples to apples.

This thread has how many current employees posting? 10? 20? Even if it's 50, is that a reliable sample of 13,000 (or however many it is now)? Internet opinions skew negative, whether it's restaurants or right to work. Don't get too excited at the discontent- there are more of me than there are of you.
Not many at all when the government (Nixon, Carter, and Reagan) allowed industry for drivers to work more take less in compared to when drivers back then fairly compensated like they where supposed too.
http://time.com/money/4325164/trucking-worst-job/

Status
Not open for further replies.