XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, I guess that’s why what was Overnite is now UNION and has the best pay and retirement in the business. It’s not perfect but a lot better than what the rest of us non-union drivers enjoy.

They got bought by UPS and were made union. UPS demanded it. You make it sound like the drivers did something. That all happened. But certainly not by the drivers doing.

Ask an overnite driver if he would ever consider going back to being non union...

Most the ones I talk to hate it. Counting down the days until they are quitting or retiring. They talk about how it was a good place to work, before the (⊙▃⊙) regime took them over. A couple of them like it because they have moved up quite a bit on account of people leaving.

Most the ones I talk to hate it. Counting down the days until they are quitting or retiring. They talk about how it was a good place to work, before the (⊙▃⊙) regime took them over. A couple of them like it because they have moved up quite a bit on account of people leaving.
UPS would have those work rules in place whether they were union or not.
I heard the fella that set up the workload program for city ops is an old ups guy.

They got bought by UPS and were made union. UPS demanded it. You make it sound like the drivers did something. That all happened. But certainly not by the drivers doing.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. The drivers voted it in the only difference is the company didn’t fight it to any large extent. To say the company wanted it is a little bit of a overreach.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. The drivers voted it in the only difference is the company didn’t fight it to any large extent. To say the company wanted it is a little bit of a overreach.

Not an over reach at all. UPS uses the union and the work rules and discipline structure against the rank and file to ensure compliance and obedience.

Highspeeds said: Not an over reach at all. UPS uses the union and the work rules and DISIPLINE structure against the rank and file to ensure compliance and obedience.

Dear God , I wish there was more disipline at XPO. Don't want to be in the military , but XPO is begging for some DISIPLINE.

That’s because the company opposed it and put on a huge anti union campaign just like they do here. I know guys who lead that anti union fight that feel just the opposite now that they are union.
there is nothing wrong with an anti-union campaign. Just like there nothing wrong with a union campaign. I was just pointing out that back in the 90s the union did a big push with overnite and they voted it down

I8sAObr.jpg

UPS would have those work rules in place whether they were union or not.
I heard the fella that set up the workload program for city ops is an old ups guy.
UPS freight has no work rules. 1st contract was agreed it would be implemented never happened. 2nd contract never had language.

UPS freight has no work rules. 1st contract was agreed it would be implemented never happened. 2nd contract never had language.
I assumed we were all pointing at how difficult UPS as a whole is to work for and using "work rules" to generalize the stringent policies.
My point was that UPS would still be the most difficult company to work for regardless of union involvement.

I assumed we were all pointing at how difficult UPS as a whole is to work for and using "work rules" to generalize the stringent policies.
My point was that UPS would still be the most difficult company to work for regardless of union involvement.
I liked working at UPS package. I also appreciated the rules and expectations being high. Paid healthcare and decent pay. All they wanted me to do was work hard. No problem.

It's hard to play to win ( so to speak ) when the rules keep changing constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.