XPO | XPO's plan after aquiring Conway.

Hey, it is great to hear positive information from an employee concerning his company and his job in general. Whether we like it or not,no- one made any of us take our jobs. We actually applied and worked hard to get them ( most of the time). We are as free to exit as we were to enter. We all knew basically what our pay, benefits, insurance etc. we're going to be. Yes, things have changed, however that is one of the constants in life, " change". If the changes are more than what we like, we can change companies or yes, even careers.

Well said!!

Wow highspeeds, you always seem to be so informative and on top of things. You must read, research or whatever quite a bit. Thanks for keeping up w/ things for me and probably many others on this site. It's appreciated, honestly.

I talk to much, read to much and listen to much. Certainly not 100% accurate on all things. But I do try my best to share as many thoughts, ideas, insights and opinions as I can.

I feel that is the point of this forum concept. To exchange information. Right or wrong. Funny or stupid. That we have a a place to talk it out and share what we " know ".

The Internet has made the world a much smaller place. I wish we had more participants. We would all be better for it.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond. But most importantly that you post your own thoughts and bring life to the forum.

I talk to much, read to much and listen to much. Certainly not 100% accurate on all things. But I do try my best to share as many thoughts, ideas, insights and opinions as I can.

I feel that is the point of this forum concept. To exchange information. Right or wrong. Funny or stupid. That we have a a place to talk it out and share what we " know ".

The Internet has made the world a much smaller place. I wish we had more participants. We would all be better for it.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond. But most importantly that you post your own thoughts and bring life to the forum.
No problem. You have my well deserved welcome. Yah, once word came out on September 9th that we were in the process of being bought out and all the speculation about what was gonna happen hit the fan, I couldn't quite keep quiet anymore. Before the news broke of our impending sale, I was just a reader of this forum, and did no posting. But w/ cnw going away I myself had to give my 2 cents worth on issues. All the stuff that I've been reading on here is a good source of info on what our future may hold, and then again maybe some of this stuff will prove to be not so accurate. I've shared some of my insights w/ our regional sales guy and my TM. My SCM got sick of me and told me to "stop speculating and just do your job and don't worry about anything else". What an @*+%!$ thing to say to a guy. I got my opinion on things and I'm gonna speak my mind,( SCM not withstanding). Then the regional sales guy got sick of my speculations and completely changed the subject mid conversation while I was still speculating. You're right HS, we do need an outlet like this forum to share our ideas, thoughts, hopes, disappointments etc. and thus be a real community to each other. Example? One of our P&D guys was involved in a bad wreck today. Our guy is ok and it was non preventable on his part, but the other party was not so fortunate- it was fatal for him. My point, we here at my barn will be praying for him and holding him up through this most difficult time. We all need each other. We all need to talk about things. We're human social beings that have that need. That's all. I think I just proved my point. Look at this long winded rambling? It's late, I'm tired, and I'm out of here.

i still believe we all have a surprise wed the 14 th they cant even tell us what to wear we cant wear our conway blues we dont even know how we are being paid weekly bi weekly it all sucks alot of questions and no answers thanks mr Jacobs
you can't wear your conway uniform, new to me. we still wearing ours in reno

Our barn tells us we will wear the Con-way Blues along with an XPO hat until our new uniforms are given to us. Our TM says they have hats on the way. Of course we haven't seen any as yet.

Everything stays the same for now. Rebranding uniforms is last on the list.
Come on Upnorth?! We can still panic and blow things out of proportion , right? It is close to Halloween - let's open up the :shhit:stirer's haunted house.

They can run out and try to scare XPO Logistics/Con-way employees by dressing up like the new CEO , Bradley Jacobs! The :shhit: stirer's can hold a flashlight under their Jacobs mask and tell stories about how he eats linehaul drivers kids if the driver is late. And he dresses up like an XPO Boogie Man.

Say XPO 3 times in the mirror and your payroll check will bounce. BOO!

I watched one of XPO's infomercials, on you tube the other day, and the pitch guy said that they have some kind of IT that was called ' proprietary dispatch',or something similar to that . in other words they have a utility patent on their dispatch software that nobody else can use, ( unless licensed by XPO),to move freight cheaper and more efficiently than anybody else doing it the old school way. they designed a special route for a client that cut out many, many miles for them. Wow these guys are good at what they do. i only hope they bring that same level of expertise to us when they take us over.
LMBO

All that :shhit: pay and they still have drivers making 120k plus a year. And they don't **** and moan no where near as much as others. :shift:
OD drivers 120k plus a year?
I know one that won't be making it any more!! He tried to make a U-Turn on the interstate and right when he had his unit across the road another OD sleeper truck came around the corner and took the front end off the day cab unit and the sleeper truck ended up in the middle, couldn't wait till the next exit? Might have gotten in the way of making that 120 grand! Guess that won't be a problem for him now though!!

you can't wear your conway uniform, new to me. we still wearing ours in reno
Don't risk it driva. According to some of these posts, you could get in trouble for wearing your Conway uniform in. I recommend just long johns just to be safe. And when you enter the building there will be people there to help you slip into your new XPO duds.
But have your boots on and be ready to work!
lol

830300_f.jpg

No Shorts in the summer time with XPO !!!, safety 1st ,pants only to protect legs from any cuts !!!
Makes sense to me.I never liked the style shorts that conway gave us anyway: too baggy and too long. I gave 'em up and put them in my closet after gawkers on my dock just couldn't restrain themselves from commenting on my beautiful legs. I told them, "you're just jealous and wish that you had a pair like mine." By the way, where'd yah hear 'no shorts for XPO', just curious.

I meant no disrespect to Conway employees. It is YOUR forum to vent, question, celebrate or complain. It's the visitors stirring the pot in the midst of your uneasiness that I disdain.
Makes sense to me.I never liked the style shorts that conway gave us anyway: too baggy and too long. I gave 'em up and put them in my closet after gawkers on my dock just couldn't restrain themselves from commenting on my beautiful legs. I told them, "you're just jealous and wish that you had a pair like mine." By the way, where'd yah hear 'no shorts for XPO', just curious.
He just makes stuff up at random, don't pay him no never mind!

I know one that won't be making it any more!! He tried to make a U-Turn on the interstate and right when he had his unit across the road another OD sleeper truck came around the corner and took the front end off the day cab unit and the sleeper truck ended up in the middle, couldn't wait till the next exit? Might have gotten in the way of making that 120 grand! Guess that won't be a problem for him now though!!

That's just dumb. Yeah, he gone.