Yellow | YRC April 2012 COO Has Been Canceled Until Furthur Notice

You two need to read what was voted on . (k) Vacation: Reduce vacation by one week for all employees with 4 or more weeks of vacation, using the current
method for computing vacation pay.
no where does it say it will " come back " to you . The full mou can be found here http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/67753YRCMOU.pdf

Excuse me, Their was "one week of vacation" was stolen. The pay-cut was voted on. We were told that we would get our vacation once the vote was over. The next year we would lose the vacation. Reason was that we had already earned that week of vacation. So, the gentleman is correct.

Case in point !!! You are correct sir !

Case in point !!! You are correct sir !

Thank You, It's hard to keep up with all this crap but I know when things were stolen from me. And that week was stolen and the IBT is not stopping this company in its tracks. Instead this company just plans more and more things to disrupt our lives. Restore our pay-cuts and benefits before giving this company any more COO's. Want to save money at this company, lay off the bean counters.
Hope you heard that KK

You two need to read what was voted on . (k) Vacation: Reduce vacation by one week for all employees with 4 or more weeks of vacation, using the current
method for computing vacation pay.
no where does it say it will " come back " to you . The full mou can be found here http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/67753YRCMOU.pdf
HEY, I'm Not saying that it is coming back. I am telling the person that we were told that the 5th and 6th week that we "already earned" would not be taken.

OK , what conference are you in ?
Local 776, Eastern Conference,
I am sharing what we were told when the question was asked and their are grievance's on file. Last I heard it was deadlocked.I don't know if that is true. But, let's look at the facts as they happened. Vacation is earned. then you take it once it was earned. It was earned. Then the vote came, if the vacation was to be retro taken. It would and should have been stated that way. That is why the question was presented like this, "will this effect the 5th and 6th week that we have already earned?" No, it will be the following years after this vote is taken. Thank You for clarifying that Mr. business agent.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you . I don't know how the Eastern Conference does there vacations so I will not try and answer your question . I know in the west if you had a seniority date of say Dec 31 you got that extra week BUT if you had a seniority date of Jan 1st you didn't . I know a lot of places use the old tour count where you can earn your vacation time " before " your seniority date . I think that's where there having all the problems at . Have a great day and a better tomorrow !

Local 776, Eastern Conference,
I am sharing what we were told when the question was asked and their are grievance's on file. Last I heard it was deadlocked.I don't know if that is true. But, let's look at the facts as they happened. Vacation is earned. then you take it once it was earned. It was earned. Then the vote came, if the vacation was to be retro taken. It would and should have been stated that way. That is why the question was presented like this, "will this effect the 5th and 6th week that we have already earned?" No, it will be the following years after this vote is taken. Thank You for clarifying that Mr. business agent.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you . I don't know how the Eastern Conference does there vacations so I will not try and answer your question . I know in the west if you had a seniority date of say Dec 31 you got that extra week BUT if you had a seniority date of Jan 1st you didn't . I know a lot of places use the old tour count where you can earn your vacation time " before " your seniority date . I think that's where there having all the problems at . Have a great day and a better tomorrow !

I believe you're referring to the 60% rule which is 156 days worked from your anniversary. I picked up my 2011 Vacation time at the end of 2010 (5 weeks) The "give back" didn't take effect until 2011. This year I will only get 4 weeks.

you get what you earned ...... that was for the 1st year if you had earned b4 jan.1. other wise it is a done deal after that and you lose .

Here's an opinion:
The company has had a change of mind & decided that next day freight "is" the way to go & will improve on what we have.
OR:
They have decided to go with Holland & New Penn & shut us down completely instead of spending all the money to move drivers around then shut us down.

i really think you are right. there is no money in long haul. keep the regionals and do well, I will beout of a job two

Here's an opinion:
The company has had a change of mind & decided that next day freight "is" the way to go & will improve on what we have.
OR:
They have decided to go with Holland & New Penn & shut us down completely instead of spending all the money to move drivers around then shut us down.
And all the YRC Freight drivers will follow their long haul freight to all of the surviving long haul carriers and be dovetailed into their seniority lists.

Here's an opinion:
OR:
And all the YRC Freight drivers will follow their long haul freight to all of the surviving long haul carriers and be dovetailed into their seniority lists.

I heard the Maybrook terminal and property is being sold to the New Haven Railroad which is going to build a huge railroad yard there to interchange freight with the Erie, the Lehigh and Hudson River, the Lehigh and New England, and the New York Ontario and Western Railroads. It should really be a boost to the economy there!

What is velocity freight? I worked for Roadway, and never heard of that. All I know is YRC is not too good in the upper-tier and they need to go just like ALL of those in Washington...Change is good...just read about change on Joel Osteen's web page!

What is velocity freight? I worked for Roadway, and never heard of that. All I know is YRC is not too good in the upper-tier and they need to go just like ALL of those in Washington...Change is good...just read about change on Joel Osteen's web page!
Basically when the moved Road drivers into the EOL terminals they dubbed them "Velocity"