Yellow | YRC closing feb 1

And you positivity know this HOW??
and here is WHY , ok out of the 4 companies 3 regional ones are making money , NO bank is going to shut down a company when 75% of them are making money to pay the banks back some money , and plus YRC has played this same game before 2009/2010 and years before that with too, they have money to pay a Golfer $6 million and Zollars $7 million and $500k for all these mailing to us , plus IF and big IF the banks were SMART they would shut down the yrc money losing longhaul side and just keep the money making regional ones open !! so YES YRC will STAY OPEN PAST FEB 1st , and plus the scare tactics are working as alot of SHEEP at our barn are already saying they will keep giving back forever , so WELCH WINS AGAIN by playing the game at HOLIDAY TIME AGAIN just like before

It's not about the "twinkies"..... Yes the freight will be there...it will get hauled and handled by someone....maybe even you.....but for probably a lot less than your getting now and likely poorer working conditions along with it.. ......It's not the issue about the freight...it's about how much those Companies are going to pay you to work for them.....

It's about the Union Membership.....Ok...so they're making "Twinkies" again.....Is it Union? Whenever a Union Company closes it weakens the Union...and that has a "snowball" effect on the remaining Union Companies....

How did the Union Membership gain from the closure and subsequent sale? The answer is simple...they didn't....and if YRCF closes, how will that help the Membership? the answer is simple......it won't....

This is the problem with the "vote no" crowd.... Surface thinking......."Ohhh...the freight is going to be there...it won't disappear" "Look we can still get Twinkies!!" ....without giving thought as to who will be hauling it and how much they are going to be willing to pay without the benefit of the Union...
or thinking of the future

Hostess had some tasty snack cakes.....and the Kool aid is pretty good to....Better than the stagnate swill that you people are drinking from the Corporate trough...

The working conditions can't get any worse than what this proposal is asking for. Stand for something or fall for anything. Sometimes someone must endure pain for their convictions. I am glad none of you were around when ಠ▄ಠ was marching across Europe because none of you have the stomach to stand up and take the pain for your beliefs. I'm tired of trying to talk about principles to you yes men. The bakers union did show them! They showed them that they would not go along with the theft of their pension and the continued erosion of working conditions. The founding members of this union are rolling in their graves hearing this pansy talk.

Therein lies the problem with our current situation. They suckered some into voting for the garbage with stories like "YRC will buy us" and "We will have to close terminals if we don't get our way", and now they're closing the terminals anyway. So...what if the statements are proven to be a lie?
Who was They?
I was told many times there is no "Our" just a few months back so I quit following the story. Why insult those that did vote with words like "Suckered"? Hell KK got all kinds of grief over one silly use of words. I'm not a lawyer so I don't have the answers you seek. Nor am I the one to run to the Labor Board......Thats probably the biggest problem, most of us want somebody else to do it. We all got excuses on why its not me

The working conditions can't get any worse than what this proposal is asking for.

Surely you realize that that statement is an gross exaggeration.

Stand for something or fall for anything. Sometimes someone must endure pain for their convictions.

You can say the same thing about those who endure the pain of concessions in order to keep over 20,000 Teamsters employed in one of the last union LTL jobs. All depends on your point of view.

I am glad none of you were around when ಠ▄ಠ was marching across Europe because none of you have the stomach to stand up and take the pain for your beliefs.

If you know anything about WWII you'd know that many times Allied forces pulled back in some particular battle in order to regroup and win a bigger battle down the line.

I'm tired of trying to talk about principles to you yes men. The bakers union did show them! They showed them that they would not go along with the theft of their pension and the continued erosion of working conditions. The founding members of this union are rolling in their graves hearing this pansy talk.

Yes, as I said earlier, the bakers union really showed them didn't they.

Who was They?
I was told many times there is no "Our" just a few months back so I quit following the story. Why insult those that did vote with words like "Suckered"? Hell KK got all kinds of grief over one silly use of words. I'm not a lawyer so I don't have the answers you seek. Nor am I the one to run to the Labor Board......Thats probably the biggest problem, most of us want somebody else to do it. We all got excuses on why its not me
I have no knowledge of your "our" situation and don't see how it could apply to me. Those who fell for the "YRC will buy us" and "we'll close terminals" lines did get suckered, why not face the truth? You had answers a while ago, what happened? All I did was comment on how things got into the realm of unfair labor practices, you were the one who said you thought different. Honestly I think the union should file the ULP's that is one thing I believe I pay union dues for, it's their job to police the company's behavior.. KK didn't get grief off of me for a few silly words.

What is your point? What does your comment have to do with what I stated?

You said the allies pulled back to win another battle latter. My point stands. We needed a beach head to start our march to Berlin. Men walked into machine gun fire because they believed in the cause. Or as you would say, "I guess those dead guys showed them".

We never attacked ಠ▄ಠ until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor ,72 years ago today.

Several US ARMY AIR Corp members joined the RAF before the U.S. Joined because the stood for something and choose to fight against tyranny. This company has become tyrannical in the way it makes demands on the men and women whose backs this company is surviving

Just remember...the word "MAY means nothing....the word "shall" means everything....ain't gonna happen!....KK

The key word here is MAY....KK

"At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1."

"Presentations were by John Moses (IBT adviser) and Mitch Lilly (YRC VP of Operations and Labor) and Jamie Pierson (YRC CFO)."

3 of the most honest executives ever in the history of the LTL industry,, especially that little long haired greasy lookin punk!!!

You said the allies pulled back to win another battle latter. My point stands. We needed a beach head to start our march to Berlin. Men walked into machine gun fire because they believed in the cause. Or as you would say, "I guess those dead guys showed them".

That's not what I said. You seem to like to misquote what was originally stated. Let me post it here again for you with BOLD lettering in the part you ignored:

If you know anything about WWII you'd know that many times Allied forces pulled back in some particular battle in order to regroup and win a bigger battle down the line.

Any your next statement about machine gun fire and pretending to know what I would say just shows your ignorance (again).

When I buy a car, I never take the first offer, I always work with salesman to get the very best deal I can. Why would I not try to get the very best deal possible through my bargaining rights? YRC may or may not survive! Giving away our contractual language, such as sickboard and purchased transportation will not make a difference. The lenders are not asking for this! This is YRC seeing how far they can suppress us! Who said we have to take the first proposal they offer?

I believe most people on here think you are the ignorant one. Your little cheer section of yes men are pathetic. You still miss the point. We have retreated TWICE and got nothing from it. We are here again being asked to give up hard fought victories. Draw a line in the sand.

"Damn the torpedoes!" - Farragut.

Are you a teamster?

That's not what I said. You seem to like to misquote what was originally stated. Let me post it here again for you with BOLD lettering in the part you ignored:

Any your next statement about machine gun fire and pretending to know what I would say just shows your ignorance (again).

This proposal will not "fix" this company anymore then the last 2 did, things will in fact get worse before they get better,
Like it or not the IBT realizes that the prediction of unionized truckings days being numbered is true the companies can not compete with the lower total cost of the compensation package and productivity control the non's enjoy.
At this point it appears all they are trying to do is engineer a controlled exit from the market so as to upset the economy as little as possible it won't be long before the competition will be able to cover yrc's exit without missing a beat, the regionals may be able to survive a while longer but it won't be long until the lower cost providers are entrenched in that market also.

At some point it'll come back around and unions will get stronger but not in what remains of most of our working lifetimes.

At this point vote yes start today doing what you need to do to get a better job and leave this company on your own terms not theirs.

Personally I'm going back into business I should have done it years ago but was too comfortable here to make the move..................