Yellow | YRC closing feb 1

Did YRC say they were closing Feb 1st? Do you have a link? If a company says something like that its customers will start moving to other carriers quickly. If they said it they mean it.

The key word here is MAY....KK

"At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1."

"Presentations were by John Moses (IBT adviser) and Mitch Lilly (YRC VP of Operations and Labor) and Jamie Pierson (YRC CFO)."

This is nothing but BULL-:****:..........There is nothing on TDU that suggest YRC is closing Feb. 1st. If there is prove/link it! There is no need to be spreading these lies/rumors. Keep to the facts please!

You can read it yourself.. You can intrepid it anyway you want but that date Feb.1st is in black and white..

At the meeting of officers, YRC management personnel stressed the timing of ratification is crucial, because by February 1 they need to have their debt restructured. They stated that if the proposal is not approved, they may be out of business by February 1.

https://tdu.org/yrc-teamsters-read-it-you-vote

I got my "You may already be a winner" letter from FK Industries.

Speaking of that, they have invited all of the road drivers from 309 to their X-Mas party being held next Saturday at The Inn.

I agree with you there, sort of. When our deal was being negotiated they told us how they would have to close terminals and restructure if they didn't get their way. That pitch worked on many low time men. Now guess what? Here come the changes that the rest of us knew would happen either way if we knew it was going to happen. At this point I think it's too late for us to push the issue but it would take a round at the Labor Board to determine if it's pillow talk or coercion.

Why? Last MOU, Mitch Lilly VP of operations told us if we were going to vote no on that MOU, We should just quit............. Then for a real dramatic effect he turned the lights out in the room and said that's what a no vote will do.......... Our union president was at that meeting........... Everyone cried it was unfair labor practices, then voted for the MOU the way the company wanted to. I see the same strong arm tactics this time and it will work.............

The key word here is MAY....KK

I understand your point and I read that also.....However, I'd like to remind you that if you purchase a ticket for the Gazillion dollar lottery you also "may" win....

Many people buy into that and freely spend their money ...but it's a very tiny number of people that actually "win" ... If you take a chance and close this Company down....those at the top of the "food chain", a tiny number of people, are not going to be hurt....but to all those workers that will lose their jobs...it's not going to be as easy for those people...

When you take into consideration the economic conditions that we are in...and the shaky financial condition of the Company.....I would not be so quick to "roll the dice" on the meaning of the word "May"

Also how is risking the Companys survival going to be any good for the Union? We need all the Members we can get....This would only weaken the Union further and that is not good for the Members at ABF or UPS either.....The issues go beyond YRCF...How can the Union succeed in recruiting members in any great numbers when everyone sees the members so willing to cut themselves out of a job rather than stick it out and try to make things better over as much time as we can get....

It makes no sense that The Union membership is willing to lose everything.....rather than trying to maintain their current jobs and the the current level of Union membership.....Less is not more in this case...but it is better than nothing.....Times and conditions that prevail today are not what they once were....
It's human nature to want more.....but often in the quest for "more" we ultimately end up with less...It would be better to have a long-term view of things rather than the short view of whats in it for me today... We need to get over the "balls and Bravado" mentality and think past our own situations and dissatisfactions in our personal workplace experiences. Use some long-term reasoning rather than if we can't have everything we want we'll just let it shut down.....like that is going to make anything better....

NO they are NOT going to CLOSE !!!! all this BS is just scare tactics to get the SHEEP to vote yes !!! but yes keep to the FACTS !! and vote NO

Holy **** if I hear the Hostess argument one more time. Go to a grocery store! You will find twinkles! Hostess went out, but the brand was purchased by another company and they opened 4 bakeries to produce Hostess baked goods. The demand was there so the product was made. THE FREIGHT WILL NOT DISSAPEAR!!!! YRC can suck an egg. Freight has to be handled and hauled, somebody has gotta do it! Stop drinking the IBT YRC Hostess koolaid

CF never told us they were closing if they didn't get their way. We knew they were closing because they couldn't or wouldn't pay their bills.

Holy **** if I hear the Hostess argument one more time. Go to a grocery store! You will find twinkles! Hostess went out, but the brand was purchased by another company and they opened 4 bakeries to produce Hostess baked goods. The demand was there so the product was made. THE FREIGHT WILL NOT DISSAPEAR!!!! YRC can suck an egg. Freight has to be handled and hauled, somebody has gotta do it! Stop drinking the IBT YRC Hostess koolaid

So your saying if they go out you can go work for a non union company. Which will probably lower starting rates,make you pay out the a#$for health insurance, Be on bottom of list with crappy start time. And be lucky if you even get hired.

Those are non-union twinkles now.

It's not about the "twinkies"..... Yes the freight will be there...it will get hauled and handled by someone....maybe even you.....but for probably a lot less than your getting now and likely poorer working conditions along with it.. ......It's not the issue about the freight...it's about how much those Companies are going to pay you to work for them.....

It's about the Union Membership.....Ok...so they're making "Twinkies" again.....Is it Union? Whenever a Union Company closes it weakens the Union...and that has a "snowball" effect on the remaining Union Companies....

How did the Union Membership gain from the closure and subsequent sale? The answer is simple...they didn't....and if YRCF closes, how will that help the Membership? the answer is simple......it won't....

This is the problem with the "vote no" crowd.... Surface thinking......."Ohhh...the freight is going to be there...it won't disappear" "Look we can still get Twinkies!!" ....without giving thought as to who will be hauling it and how much they are going to be willing to pay without the benefit of the Union...
or thinking of the future

Stop drinking the IBT YRC Hostess koolaid

Hostess had some tasty snack cakes.....and the Kool aid is pretty good to....Better than the stagnate swill that you people are drinking from the Corporate trough...

What contract willyb? There has been so many changes to our "riches contract in history"that it doesnt exist anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

You see how non important that conference call was.Gordon Sweeton nor Tyson Johnson or the other important players nor the two ibt appointed board members were on the line.Talk about not being all that important.President Hoffa (no matter if you like or dislike him) said that we have an agreement til 2015.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

You see how non important that conference call was.Gordon Sweeton nor Tyson Johnson or the other important players nor the two ibt appointed board members were on the line.Talk about not being all that important.President Hoffa (no matter if you like or dislike him) said that we have an agreement til 2015. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
So this proposal is between YRCW and it employees directly with the IBT on the sidelines??

It would be nice if the Intent of Labor laws was inforced, some Lawer would twist the whole thing into, "We never said that to the Employees" so how did we coerce them? Then again what if the Statement is True?
Therein lies the problem with our current situation. They suckered some into voting for the garbage with stories like "YRC will buy us" and "We will have to close terminals if we don't get our way", and now they're closing the terminals anyway. So...what if the statements are proven to be a lie?