Yellow | YRC closing feb 1

You idiot I want to see one thing the union is getting I have read the whole thing and there is not one give back to us. It was said before they got together we were at the bottom of where we were going. Everything in it benefits the company and I promise you that if we give this a majority vote within two years they will be back wanting more. Have you thought for a moment the reason a long return for the ballots? If it is voted down the company will tell you that they can't get another offer out there in turn saying this is a one time deal! The company has 19 million to give to us at the moment of ratification but cant pay the 69 mil due in February. Really keep believing the crap they are shoveling. Last time I checked they have you broken. I haven't seen this little pay and benefits since probably 2000. I know you are a suck up company man but give it a rest. If they lock the gates go get you a job.

You idiot I want to see one thing the union is getting I have read the whole thing and there is not one give back to us. It was said before they got together we were at the bottom of where we were going. Everything in it benefits the company and I promise you that if we give this a majority vote within two years they will be back wanting more. Have you thought for a moment the reason a long return for the ballots? If it is voted down the company will tell you that they can't get another offer out there in turn saying this is a one time deal! The company has 19 million to give to us at the moment of ratification but cant pay the 69 mil due in February. Really keep believing the crap they are shoveling. Last time I checked they have you broken. I haven't seen this little pay and benefits since probably 2000. I know you are a suck up company man but give it a rest. If they lock the gates go get you a job.

Too bad we don't know to whom you are referring.:regretful:

Excuse me.....this follows my post, ya talking to me or haven't figured out the quote button yet? 3 posts and I'm an Idiot already. :confused:

Referring to the issue of closure, That is why they're in such a rush for us to pass it. So they can make these idle threats before the customers have time to flee. Vote No!! Let the IBT go back to the table!

Referring to the issue of closure, That is why they're in such a rush for us to pass it. So they can make these idle threats before the customers have time to flee. Vote No!! Let the IBT go back to the table!

And, what would the IBT say at the table, after speaking with us and getting our feedback?

Did you get a call asking what that might be?

I'm in enough trouble already. Was not trying to make a statement as to May, Might, Could, Will.......the man asked for a link so he could read it himself. :6781:

wolf, I was only making a reference to the word "may"..... The word "may" is another word for "might"... They said they "may" be out of business by February 1.... May... Might... They are not saying they "will" be out of business by February 1... Was not trying to get you in any trouble... Sorry for the confusion.

Well, the propaganda tour has started. Just come up stairs and listen to them spout the lies as we have them. Nope, sorry im voting NO.

Question I have is . How are they going to pay are bonus if they cant pay their bills now. They have vendors who have not been paid in over 90 days and will not extend credit.

Question I have is . How are they going to pay are bonus if they cant pay their bills now. They have vendors who have not been paid in over 90 days and will not extend credit.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If the extension/new contract is approved, they will take from the proposed "savings" and "reward" the members.

Do you really think these people (YRC Management) would hinge their bets on a last minute vote?

They have the financing settled and this is just a play to put more money in their pockets..........

I agree with you but I was called out on that Feb 1st date.. Somebody thought I was spreading rumors.. Personally I don't think they would close but then again I don't get to vote this time as I have been forced into retirement .. But if anyone has a ballot that they don't want to send back you can always send it to me.. I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT!!!

They have the cash !!! They are holding on to it as long as they can... They must of learned that from Walmart.. That is something that Walmart does to their vendors..

It is public knowledge they have roughly 170 million in cash on hand for operating expenses, plus their revolving credit line of 400 million, which they have used about 240 million of that, last I read. The 750 per employee amounts to about 19.5 million. They should be able to pay it.

You guys have been the hydrant for many years now. I think its time the unions put on thier big boy pants and pulled the big dog out and made few changes of there own.

IBT is telling YRC they are not willing to open up contract, IBT knows what this company is going to do to us if this language is changed! This language i'm talking about protects us from outsourcing our freight and also we have protections against termination if YRC thinks you have hit the sickboard more times than they think you should have, this is huge language protections that we should never! ever! ever! give up!!! This protects our jobs! A simple extension of the current MOU would be sufficient to take to lenders. YRC is asking for the Barn! YRC knows what they are doing! DONT BE FOOLED!